What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Not a thing has pissed me off today, but as they say, 'the Day is YOUNG'!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20riding%20train.gif

Nothing like being woken up by a 5.6 magnitude earthquake at 7am this morning. On a Saturday. :eyeroll: I think the whole state felt it. Let me remind you I live in Oklahoma and NOT California.

Good news is, I got back to sleep and slept off and on until 11am.

Glad you are ok.

I experienced my first earthquake in Northern England. Not where you'd expect either!

When was this? Last quake we remember is 2007. Our downstairs window broke haha

Nothing like being woken up by a 5.6 magnitude earthquake at 7am this morning. On a Saturday. :eyeroll: I think the whole state felt it. Let me remind you I live in Oklahoma and NOT California.

These will continue if we keep up the hydraulic fracturing. Seismic activity in Oklahoma has increased exponentially since it began.

'Murica.

It's happening in Ohio, too, though not as severely.

All right, done making my statement...I'm glad you're okay.

• Like 1

Good news is, I got back to sleep and slept off and on until 11am.

Glad you are ok.

I experienced my first earthquake in Northern England. Not where you'd expect either!

When was this? Last quake we remember is 2007. Our downstairs window broke haha

Probably 2006 or 2007. Not much of one but still weird.

At least it doesn't snow here! Well not much.

These will continue if we keep up the hydraulic fracturing. Seismic activity in Oklahoma has increased exponentially since it began.

'Murica.

Thank you! And yes I'm against fracking and the State ordered 35 wells to be shut down today around the area where the earthquake occurred. I really hope they start cracking down on this.

• Like 3

'Murica.

I can't "like" your post, but I do agree with it :(

• Like 1

Stupid computer problems. My 'clicker' button on my mouse is 'double clicking' with a single push. I don't know how to fix it. this happens with EVERY PROGRAM/window on the screen. browsers, iTunes, etc. :fuckinputer:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20at%20computer.gif

Ya know what pisses me off every day, but especially today given that I am working on a holiday weekend. Assholes who drive in the passing lane. The people who move over there because they are shitty drivers and there's too much mayhem in the other lanes, bitches who go there to text(you can always tell because they leave twenty car lengths between the car in front of them), people who go immediately to the left lane, pick an arbitrary speed they feel is fast enough and camp there. People who won't move over when they are slowing traffic in that lane, and the last type driver who sits in the passing lane are the Sunday drivers who are out for a putt. And don't tow your damn boat or RV in the left lane, either. The damn lane is for passing, and a majority of states have laws on the books regarding it.I swear to christ, it will be a miracle if I don't kill.someone this weekend :) Edited by satchmothesnowdog
  • Like 3

So to make a short story long. We have decided to go the way of the Millennials. No land line (1st time in 30yrs) internet only with sreaming services and OTA (over the air). We cut ties with our old cable tv provider today. We were supposed to have our new internet only sevice installed today. The appt. was for between 2-4pm today. We soecifically made this the date as it was a legitimate install day (eventhough a national holiday) and it was a day that someone would be home all day. At 2:30 pm my wife just before she had to go to work called the company. She was told the installer would be at our house in 30 minutes. I called at 4:30 and was told the install was marked as not done and was asked if I left the house at any time. I explained no that I was expecting them to be within the scheduled window. Especially considering my wife was told the installer was on the way. So now I have been bummped till tomorrow evening. I told the cs rep this was not a great 1st impression. We do not have a lot of choices for being the 13th largest market in the US. I dumped the other asshole company today figuring I would only have a few hour lapse in internet service. Now that will be a full day. Oh we at least I have my cell phone. I guess it could be worse but pissed me off none the less :D Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

So to make a short story long. We have decided to go the way of the Millennials. No land line (1st time in 30yrs) internet only with sreaming services and OTA (over the air). We cut ties with our old cable tv provider today. We were supposed to have our new internet only sevice installed today. The appt. was for between 2-4pm today. We soecifically made this the date as it was a legitimate install day (eventhough a national holiday) and it was a day that someone would be home all day. At 2:30 pm my wife just before she had to go to work called the company. She was told the installer would be at our house in 30 minutes. I called at 4:30 and was told the install was marked as not done and was asked if I left the house at any time. I explained no that I was expecting them to be within the scheduled window. Especially considering my wife was told the installer was on the way. So now I have been bummped till tomorrow evening. I told the cs rep this was not a great 1st impression. We do not have a lot of choices for being the 13th largest market in the US. I dumped the other asshole company today figuring I would only have a few hour lapse in internet service. Now that will be a full day. Oh we at least I have my cell phone. I guess it could be worse but pissed me off none the less :D

sad to hear this, CMM!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/moonwalk%20banana.gif

Well I'm glad that the FRAUD section of my Credit Union works, they found a fraudulent use of my debit card this morning and contacted me immediately to confirm I didn't make the charges....guess what. No, I'm NOT in SWITZERLAND, and NO I didn't make the charges! my debit card is now inactive and whomever got the info on the card is out of luck. I have to wait up to two weeks for the new debit card....none of my cards are on my computer stored anywhere... just doing online shopping...means they can hack the companies that do the selling, I guess....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20at%20computer.gif

Just playing that 9-12 Letter Word Game.. had been convinced ever since my school days that the technical term for wave size reduction on entering shallow water is "Kerfraction".. (as i've told others on the odd occasion ). Anyway, just checked with the Oxford English Dictionary and the damn word doesn't exist.. it's the same as that for the bending of light through different mediums, i.e. refraction.. Meh!

Realizing I can be an idiot at times.

Get mad or get even?

If you're realizing that you're the idiot the way to "get even" is to become not an idiot :)

One can only try right?

If everyone would try then the world would be a better place.

I think some of us have a default setting at idiot though :AlienSmiley:

I don't think YOU do, Dweezil!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Hula%20banana.gif

Well I'm glad that the FRAUD section of my Credit Union works, they found a fraudulent use of my debit card this morning and contacted me immediately to confirm I didn't make the charges....guess what. No, I'm NOT in SWITZERLAND, and NO I didn't make the charges! my debit card is now inactive and whomever got the info on the card is out of luck. I have to wait up to two weeks for the new debit card....none of my cards are on my computer stored anywhere... just doing online shopping...means they can hack the companies that do the selling, I guess....

There are programs you can buy or download that will protect your info if you do any online shopping. Even if you don't do a lot of online transactions, it's a nice thing to have.

• Like 1

There are programs you can buy or download that will protect your info if you do any online shopping. Even if you don't do a lot of online transactions, it's a nice thing to have.

Any recomendations?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana-noel-disco.gif

It still bothers me that Jane Goodall was allowed to do a PhD without having done any undergraduate work. I also found out that Peter Mansbridge from the CBC never went to journalism school. He doesn't even have a high school diploma. But no one ever said the world was fair.
  • Like 1

Any recomendations?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana-noel-disco.gif

https://www.kaspersky.com/

I've been using this for a number of years now and i've never had any problems with my financial info getting hacked online. When I bought the laptop i'm using right now, they had a deal at best buy where you got a virus/security program for free. Of the three that were being offered the geek who was selling it to me said that was the best one.

Now, you do have to pay to renew your license with it every couple years in order to keep it but I have no complaints on this program at all. There are also programs out there you can try that will hide your computer's IP address if you want to try that as well.

• Like 1

Racist comment directed towards my wife at her bank from some customer. The vermin who said the condescending comment knew my wife and I are from different countries ((so what?)) and made a cheap shot about it. Ignorant f**k. It's pretty easy for me to ignore that kind of crap because I've heard prejudiced/racist nonsense countless times. But my wife hasn't, so she was hurt. Wish I could get my hands on that geezer's neck.
  • Like 2

Any recomendations?

https://www.kaspersky.com/

I've been using this for a number of years now and i've never had any problems with my financial info getting hacked online. When I bought the laptop i'm using right now, they had a deal at best buy where you got a virus/security program for free. Of the three that were being offered the geek who was selling it to me said that was the best one.

Now, you do have to pay to renew your license with it every couple years in order to keep it but I have no complaints on this program at all. There are also programs out there you can try that will hide your computer's IP address if you want to try that as well.

I have Avast Premium, and that includes Internet security covering shopping, browsing....etc. But I will have to check your suggestion out.....THANKS!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20dancing%20on%20computer_1.png

Totally enjoying my vacation.......until last night and today. Up all night with a massive headache and puking. Took a sip of Coca Cola today and puked it right back up.......while I was driving. Luckily, I had a portable trash can in the passenger seat......

:doh: :doh: :doh:

• Like 1

Totally enjoying my vacation.......until last night and today. Up all night with a massive headache and puking. Took a sip of Coca Cola today and puked it right back up.......while I was driving. Luckily, I had a portable trash can in the passenger seat......

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I've had that happen as well....lucky I had a ton of napkins in the console! NOT FUN!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/GO%20BANANAS.jpg