What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

People that pee all over the toilet seat! :scared: And then don't clean it off! :rage:

Huge pet peeve here too. It's not just a male thing either, I worked at a place once where it was huge problem but the only complaints were from the women's washroom! I couldn't believe it either but most of the women there would stand on the toilet seat and squat apparently.. I guess that's normal in some countries. Sorry for the mental pic btw lol

http://www.mrdiggles.com/img/toilet-use.jpg

Not limited to females in Asia. This kind of sign can be found in either restroom.

The squatty toilets in SE Asia are a whole other sort of wtf. Come on people, you have plumbing and porcelain. Would you please put them together in a fashion that allows you to do your business without getting your feet splashed on?!

Yeah, but then there are some places in mainland Asia that I wouldn't consider as having plumbing...just the porcelain on the ground. And no flushing. And with the tp placed in the bin next to the squatter toilet. Piling up.

:scared:

For some reason I thought you visited rural China and experienced this too.

I've been to Thailand and rural Laos - does that count? I've seen it there and still think it's :scared:

Yeah, that definitely counts. I've been to Thailand a few times & nearly all of Southeast Asia but never Laos. Always wanted to go there but I just kept getting pulled into Vietnam (in the most positive of meanings).

Nastiest toilets I've seen was in rural China...near the base of Tai Shan of all places. Due to the lack/very minimal amount of flushing, there were two foot high stacks of (x). No joke.

:LOL:

People that pee all over the toilet seat! :scared: And then don't clean it off! :rage:

Huge pet peeve here too. It's not just a male thing either, I worked at a place once where it was huge problem but the only complaints were from the women's washroom! I couldn't believe it either but most of the women there would stand on the toilet seat and squat apparently.. I guess that's normal in some countries. Sorry for the mental pic btw lol

Not limited to females in Asia. This kind of sign can be found in either restroom.

The squatty toilets in SE Asia are a whole other sort of wtf. Come on people, you have plumbing and porcelain. Would you please put them together in a fashion that allows you to do your business without getting your feet splashed on?!

Yeah, but then there are some places in mainland Asia that I wouldn't consider as having plumbing...just the porcelain on the ground. And no flushing. And with the tp placed in the bin next to the squatter toilet. Piling up.

I've been to Thailand and rural Laos - does that count? I've seen it there and still think it's :scared:

Yeah, that definitely counts. I've been to Thailand a few times & nearly all of Southeast Asia but never Laos. Always wanted to go there but I just kept getting pulled into Vietnam (in the most positive of meanings).

Nastiest toilets I've seen was in rural China...near the base of Tai Shan of all places. Due to the lack/very minimal amount of flushing, there were two foot high stacks of (x). No joke.

Trout, one day I'm going to take you on a several weeks long people watching (on Japanese trains) and nasty restroom expedition in select parts in Asia. :LOL:

Once at a music festival in the Philippines, I entered this restroom that was so dark and wet that I walked out after taking just one step in. Dark as midnight in there. And my ONE step in was met with a good inch or two of water. Flooded restroom? Clogged toilet? Who knows? Don't know but it smelled like a homicidal sewer. Ended up taking care of #1 in mother nature. Never wore those shoes again either. :LOL:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

All my musical gear I took home smells of cigarette smoke. The rehearsal space was 'smoking allowed' but when you take it to a non-smoking space like were I live you smell it. Even when I took some of my effect pedals apart the stench of smoke would arise. Needless to say my windows are open a lot these days.

Actually, it was Tuesday I was pissed off. By MicroSUX...er, I mean Microsoft. I tried the 'free' upgrade to Wimpdows 10. It took more than 8 hours, and then it didn't download correctly. left out some of the registry bits that allow your computer to connect to the INTERNET, the ONLY way to get stuff done FOR YOUR COMPUTER,,,, [go to What Made Your Day thread]

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Computer%20stuff/computer-suicide.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Read about the "seated - v - squat" position the other day and apparently squatting is the better position for us humans as it it straightens the back passage enabling a stress-free evacuation. The above captions ( whether they be in jest or what i don't know ) could refer to the various designs of "crappers" around the world. Came across a square porcelain type situated at ground level ( a first for me ) in a shack in some fairly remote village in Italy The seated position is considered more dignified however... I think we're all being a bit over sensitive when it comes to bodily motions as anyone of the rural / agricultural fraternity will vouch i'm sure !

The captions above aren't in jest. They're there because many mainland Asians (from rural areas) haven't used a seated toilet before sooo they might squat on the seat. The directions are meant to help them.

No sooner had i hit the send key did the term "visual aid" came to mind.

• Like 1

Read about the "seated - v - squat" position the other day and apparently squatting is the better position for us humans as it it straightens the back passage enabling a stress-free evacuation. The above captions ( whether they be in jest or what i don't know ) could refer to the various designs of "crappers" around the world. Came across a square porcelain type situated at ground level ( a first for me ) in a shack in some fairly remote village in Italy The seated position is considered more dignified however... I think we're all being a bit over sensitive when it comes to bodily motions as anyone of the rural / agricultural fraternity will vouch i'm sure !

http://www.squattypotty.com/

http://www.bumperdumper.com/

The past week: comments associating me with loving guns and Donald Trump just because I'm American. Well, f**k you and your never ending stereotypes. I've never cared about one of those and the other is ridiculous. Oh, I also don't eat steak or hamburgers every day...I know that's the next stereotype likely to come out of your stupid little heads. Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

My hands are so sore. I've been doing a lot of demo all week -- swinging a mallet hundreds of times, pulling stuff off/out, grabbing and bagging debris, etc. I wonder how long I can go without grasping anything to give them a chance to recover.
  • Like 1

My hands are so sore. I've been doing a lot of demo all week -- swinging a mallet hundreds of times, pulling stuff off/out, grabbing and bagging debris, etc. I wonder how long I can go without grasping anything to give them a chance to recover.

:( Oh, I hope you can you rest them someway or when you sleep.

As for me, I was snappy with people who are trying to make my life worse.

• Like 1

Hope you felt better pretty quick.... Working at a Ford factory, with most jobs being 'hand involving' small metal tools and repetative movements, and such, I've had BOTH wrists operated on for Carpal Tunnel Syndrum. Not fun....

I woke up at 3 AM with food poisoning. Blaaaaaaahhhhhhhh . . . . . . . . . . . . . the worst. Starting to feel a bit better but still horrible.

Liked only because you are feeling better.

• Like 1

I did a day doing demolition for Habit for Humanity somewhere in Baltimore, back in 1995.

It was extremely draining but extremely fun and rewarding!

I was totally wiped out and sore. My snot was black, but it was a great day, and I'd gladly do it, even regularly.

• Like 2

I woke up at 3 AM with food poisoning. Blaaaaaaahhhhhhhh . . . . . . . . . . . . . the worst. Starting to feel a bit better but still horrible.

Liked only because you are feeling better.

Oh dear! I hope you feel better soon! :hug2:

Hopefully you feel better soon. Food poisoning is not fun.

Thanks, you guys! Going on 24 hrs but finally starting to get back to normal. Thanks for the good wishes :)

• Like 1

Having to spend a couple of hours doing my taxes today, while staying home from work.

I'vw been putting mine off. This weekend I'll get it done. :(

Having to spend a couple of hours doing my taxes today, while staying home from work.

I'vw been putting mine off. This weekend I'll get it done. :(

Wasn't as arduous as I thought it would be. I finished in about an hour, which is a new record for brevity, I think.

• Like 1

If your hands hurt...hot water and Epsom salts...bathe them. The magnesium in the mineral really helps worn out joints and muscular pain. Very soothing.

• Like 2

I did a day doing demolition for Habit for Humanity somewhere in Baltimore, back in 1995.

I was totally wiped out and sore. My snot was black, but it was a great day, and I'd gladly do it, even regularly.

Next time stop at a hardware store and get some of those facemasks to wear. They're just a couple bucks each, and they keep all the icky stuff out of your nose & lungs.

Next time stop at a hardware store and get some of those facemasks to wear. They're just a couple bucks each, and they keep all the icky stuff out of your nose & lungs.

I was wearing a face mask!