What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Have cold... feel miserable.

Chicken soup. Sounds trite, but it does help.

Emergen-C helps too.

If the above doesn't work, just throw a shot of Johnny Walker Black or Red into a hot cup of tea. I had a friend that swore by this remedy.

Or a shot of brandy. < ----------------------My mother swore by this one.

It'll knock you right out they both said! :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

Emergen-C helps too.

If the above doesn't work, just throw a shot of Johnny Walker Black or Red into a hot cup of tea. I had a friend that swore by this remedy.

Like me, you seem to have boozey friend's and family! I'd go for the wild Cherry flavored brandy myself! LOL wait! This is from a Dr! Dr. McGillicuddy's Intense Cherry schnapps! Just mix it with some hot green tea, and WHOCKO! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/LOVE/hugBEAR.gif

• Like 2

Emergen-C helps too.

Like me, you seem to have boozey friend's and family! I'd go for the wild Cherry flavored brandy myself! LOL wait! This is from a Dr! Dr. McGillicuddy's Intense Cherry schnapps! Just mix it with some hot green tea, and WHOCKO! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/LOVE/hugBEAR.gif

My mother rarely drank liquor, but she did believe that a shot of brandy, if you have a cold, knocked it right out. Especially if you had a sore throat, she thought the brandy helped to ease it.

As for my friend and Johnny Walker, she was always tossing a shot in her cup of tea "for medicinal purposes." :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Emergen-C helps too.

My mother rarely drank liquor, but she did believe that a shot of brandy, if you have a cold, knocked it right out. Especially if you had a sore throat, she thought the brandy helped to ease it.

As for my friend and Johnny Walker, she was always tossing a shot in her cup of tea "for medicinal purposes." :LOL:

Yup, My Mom as well. Her SISTER, though....lol She was in to 'Old Fashioneds' I hear that used to be a favorite cocktail in the early 1900s...even though my Aunt was born in 1924....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Drunking/bartender.gif

Slightly selfish, but hear me out:

As many of you know, I am an insomniac. I have often been up for three four nights without sleep, I struggle with OCD and depression.

Amazingly, last night I was shattered. Like, poke me I will collapse on the floor, knocked out and ready to rest for days.

So...my mum gets ill with a chest infection. Started yesterday and it is now pretty bad. I am so tired, but she is disabled. So all night, I have been mixing up herbal hot drinks, keeping her warm, helping her stay calm (she is ill anyway), and I had to calm my dad down, get him to rest up in bed. I had to sort some kitchen things out. This is all past 2am. It is now 5:40. I am incredibly tired, my mum is resting calm but me?

Making chicken soup. I am currently roasting chicken, and I will then let it cool and make roast chicken soup from scratch.

At the very earliest, with further jobs needing doing, I will not have a chance to sleep until 4am, permitting my mum is well.

No one is a burden. I love all (heck, I am annoying in this forum but this is my outlet).

So tired, but I have to play so many roles sometimes it is crazy!

Right now, I am the chef and herbal doctor!

(My mum can't have any additional medicines as she takes enough already, if anyone wondered why I haven't given her medications). Everything has to happen at a time like this!

I was painfully close to actually sleeping early.

Edited by Segue Myles

As many of you know, I am an insomniac. I have often been up for three four nights without sleep, I struggle with OCD and depression.

Amazingly, last night I was shattered. Like, poke me I will collapse on the floor, knocked out and ready to rest for days.

So...my mum gets ill with a chest infection. Started yesterday and it is now pretty bad. I am so tired, but she is disabled. So all night, I have been mixing up herbal hot drinks, keeping her warm, helping her stay calm (she is ill anyway), and I had to calm my dad down, get him to rest up in bed. I had to sort some kitchen things out. This is all past 2am. It is now 5:40. I am incredibly tired, my mum is resting calm but me?

Making chicken soup. I am currently roasting chicken, and I will then let it cool and make roast chicken soup from scratch.

At the very earliest, with further jobs needing doing, I will not have a chance to sleep until 4am, permitting my mum is well.

No one is a burden. I love all (heck, I am annoying in this forum but this is my outlet).

(My mum can't have any additional medicines as she takes enough already, if anyone wondered why I haven't given her medications). Everything has to happen at a time like this!

I hope you have an opportunity for some self-care, too, Segue. It's important and admirable to take care of others, but often times we can't properly do so without taking care of ourselves, as well :) Hope everyone in your family is feeling better soon!

• Like 2

From someone who's mum is also very ill and who has also suffered from insomnia you have my deepest and most sincere sympathy.

• Like 2

I hope you have an opportunity for some self-care, too, Segue. It's important and admirable to take care of others, but often times we can't properly do so without taking care of ourselves, as well :) Hope everyone in your family is feeling better soon!

Thank you! I hope so too, I have been all over the place lately (this place has been my sole escape). It means a lot this advice. Will try and take it on board!

• Like 2

From someone who's mum is also very ill and who has also suffered from insomnia you have my deepest and most sincere sympathy.

Thank you.

In some ways, it is good I don't sleep well otherwise she would be in a state.

I now have to "wake up", for one thing, the chicken is almost ready to set aside to cool. Then I have to go into the garden and select a couple of herbs.

I will try and rest later!

• Like 3

Thank you! I hope so too, I have been all over the place lately (this place has been my sole escape). It means a lot this advice. Will try and take it on board!

You're welcome :) Best wishes!

• Like 1

Segue, you have to sleep. Bean-tor is right - you can't care properly for others if you aren't doing well yourself.

When you can't sleep, even if you just lay there and rest for an hour or so. Don't get yourself in a dither about not being able to fall asleep. Just try to relax with your eyes closed and rest your body and mind. Try to unwind as best you can.

I'll keep you and your mother in my prayers.

• Like 1

Segue, you have to sleep. Bean-tor is right - you can't care properly for others if you aren't doing well yourself.

When you can't sleep, even if you just lay there and rest for an hour or so. Don't get yourself in a dither about not being able to fall asleep. Just try to relax with your eyes closed and rest your body and mind. Try to unwind as best you can.

I'll keep you and your mother in my prayers.

Thank you, this means a lot!

I managed to steal a few hours for myself after 9am. I woke up about four hours later. For now, that was enough.

My mum already looks better, she has a chest weakness so the slightest problem could go either way so I have to pounce on possible solutions promptly!

• Like 2

Hang in there my little Rush brother,

Your Mum is most fortunate to have a caring son such as you.

As far as the insomnia, cut out caffeine, unnecessary sugar, limit your alcohol intake and don't exercise for at least three hours before bedtime.

Turn off the TV, computer, iPhone, etc. and grab a book for an hour or so before bedtime.

Keep your room nice and cool, even crack the window a bit in the winter months.

Sending good thoughts and prayers for a good night sleep.

• Like 2

http://www.friendskorner.com/forum/photopost/data/768/getwell-snoopy.gif

Thank You! Edited by librarian
  • Like 1

Emergen-C helps too.

Thanks everyone! :cheers:

• Like 4

Lst week a coworker cut his thumb and required stitches, so he missed some time last week. He was out again today. I Enjoy working with the guy and like him a lot but its like cmon man there's work to be done here. Im not too mad but when you are part of a team someone else has to pick up the slack when you are missing time.

Lst week a coworker cut his thumb and required stitches, so he missed some time last week. He was out again today. I Enjoy working with the guy and like him a lot but its like cmon man there's work to be done here. Im not too mad but when you are part of a team someone else has to pick up the slack when you are missing time.

So,

Do you think he is able to do his job and taking advantage of his injury?

• Like 1

Is he the F​ly type ? What's your line of work ?.. maybe it's a hygene thing or a "if - i - grip- something - too - tightly - i'm - gonna - break - open - this - wound - and - it'll - never - heal" thing !

Battery on my 13 yo Ford Focus has died as i forgot to not use the Heated Windscreen. Not sure weather it's an Earth, Open Circuit, Short, Relay, Alternator or a (gulp!) GEM Module thing.. anyway, looking at bill from "a few quid" to a couple of Hundred for the Module.

One is not amused !

I knew folks like that when I worked at Ford Plastics plant in Saline.....

Work wise,

I cover so many a**** it's not even funny. :facepalm:

You mean you cover more ass***** than 'Fruit of The Loom'? I know that situation!

• Like 1