What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I think it best we don't discuss politics or religion out here on the main board. I think we have enough folks around here that were friends and seem not to be anymore even before this mess happened today. Not sure why people "fall out of" being friends around here but it seems to have happened at least to me anyway. Not sure anyone else has had the experience but it isn't an enjoyable one. You are friends with a member one day then apparently not the next and haven't a clue what happened or why. It has just been my experience lately but can't speak for others. If it just has to do with opinions about songs, albums and the normal everyday fare around here its pretty petty if you ask me. Seems we should be able to disagree on any number of things and still remain on friendly terms but that does not always seem the case sadly.... *soapbox put away* :(

Hopefully it's just a phase of collective ... what should I call it, dissent? I'm either not around enough or I'm blind to most of the drama around here. but in my view it's mostly in SOCN, and I mostly just lurk around in there. I'm not going to have my a** handed to me ;).

I know how it feels when you write "You are friends with a member one day then apparently not the next and haven't a clue what happened or why." Whenever I get that feeling I try to let it be for a while, and most of time it has a habit to work itself out.

On a side note there was something about the Counterparts forum being closed, and with the rumor that place had it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of that seeped into TRF. Unfortunately.

The whole "friend losing" thing happens out in the regular forum I think more often than you think and as you say sometimes it works itself out but not always. There are at least two or three that I thought I was really good friends with and now we are not friendly at all. I just don't get it but over time you just have to let it go. To many other great people here to obsess over a few... :)
  • Like 1

I think it best we don't discuss politics or religion out here on the main board. I think we have enough folks around here that were friends and seem not to be anymore even before this mess happened today. Not sure why people "fall out of" being friends around here but it seems to have happened at least to me anyway. Not sure anyone else has had the experience but it isn't an enjoyable one. You are friends with a member one day then apparently not the next and haven't a clue what happened or why. It has just been my experience lately but can't speak for others. If it just has to do with opinions about songs, albums and the normal everyday fare around here its pretty petty if you ask me. Seems we should be able to disagree on any number of things and still remain on friendly terms but that does not always seem the case sadly.... *soapbox put away* :(

Hopefully it's just a phase of collective ... what should I call it, dissent? I'm either not around enough or I'm blind to most of the drama around here. but in my view it's mostly in SOCN, and I mostly just lurk around in there. I'm not going to have my a** handed to me ;).

I know how it feels when you write "You are friends with a member one day then apparently not the next and haven't a clue what happened or why." Whenever I get that feeling I try to let it be for a while, and most of time it has a habit to work itself out.

On a side note there was something about the Counterparts forum being closed, and with the rumor that place had it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of that seeped into TRF. Unfortunately.

The whole "friend losing" thing happens out in the regular forum I think more often than you think and as you say sometimes it works itself out but not always. There are at least two or three that I thought I was really good friends with and now we are not friendly at all. I just don't get it but over time you just have to let it go. To many other great people here to obsess over a few... :)

Sorry to hear that. But I know for a fact there's at least one friend ;) :cheers:

• Like 1

ICE STORM...'nuf said.

I have a storm coming tomorrow night with wind gusts probably up to hurricane speed.

That's what we had last week. And our temperatures are in the low teens at night, so losing power in the middle of a cold snap is hard.

That can't be any fun, no. We have freezing temperatures in Denmark too, but losing power would be nothing more than an annoyance. The heat would still be on, but I'm not entirely sure if that's the same where you are?

• Like 1

I was trying to describe today how trapped my mum is by depression.

I worded it awkwardly:

"My mum hates it when she gets herself trapped deep inside herself!".

Yeah...GROW UP FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Not sure why people "fall out of" being friends around here but it seems to have happened at least to me anyway. Not sure anyone else has had the experience but it isn't an enjoyable one. You are friends with a member one day then apparently not the next and haven't a clue what happened or why.

I can only speak for myself (I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to) but I cannot be friends with anyone who treats me poorly, or who exhibits qualities (such as racism, homophobia, etc.) which I do not like and do not tolerate.

• Like 5

Not sure why people "fall out of" being friends around here but it seems to have happened at least to me anyway. Not sure anyone else has had the experience but it isn't an enjoyable one. You are friends with a member one day then apparently not the next and haven't a clue what happened or why.

I can only speak for myself (I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to) but I cannot be friends with anyone who treats me poorly, or who exhibits qualities (such as racism, homophobia, etc.) which I do not like and do not tolerate.

Makes sense. I wouldn't much care for anyone like that either... Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

ICE STORM...'nuf said.

I have a storm coming tomorrow night with wind gusts probably up to hurricane speed.

That's what we had last week. And our temperatures are in the low teens at night, so losing power in the middle of a cold snap is hard.

That can't be any fun, no. We have freezing temperatures in Denmark too, but losing power would be nothing more than an annoyance. The heat would still be on, but I'm not entirely sure if that's the same where you are?

The Pacific Northwest, and when the electric goes, so goes the heat for most people even if they have gas heat.

ICE STORM...'nuf said.

The Pacific Northwest, and when the electric goes, so goes the heat for most people even if they have gas heat.

Yup we have gas but still need electricity for the blower and such.

ICE STORM...'nuf said.

Eeeek, ice storms are the worst. Mr. Blues and I went to college in the "lake effect" snow belt south of Lake Erie and I will take that any day over ice storms and black ice, especially. Hope it all melts quickly for you!

• Like 1

ICE STORM...'nuf said.

Just had the heat out for 24 hours, and even that sucked

ICE STORM...'nuf said.

ICE STORM...'nuf said.

Okay you need electricity a whole lot more than I do. Do not like ice storms!

ICE STORM...'nuf said.

Eeeek, ice storms are the worst. Mr. Blues and I went to college in the "lake effect" snow belt south of Lake Erie and I will take that any day over ice storms and black ice, especially. Hope it all melts quickly for you!

We actually had a one day ice storm event here in Myrtle Beach SC last winter. I had almost forgotten the sheer weight of the ice and the damage it can do. I lost two bushes from the damage. The weight literally uprooted them and they were well established. Not my favorite bushes anyway so no great loss... :)

The storm named Gorm is now hitting Denmark. Some places the winds are hurricane force. The current prognoses is that the tail will drag across the part of the country I'm living in.

Usually the worst we get is fallen trees, some powerlines down, raised water levels and flying tiles.

I can already hear the roaring of wind.

The aches and pains of getting older......http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Angry/angrycursing.gif
  • Like 1

And the storm is over. 90 mph gusts which will probably have most of you shrug your shoulder and say "is that it?", but my windows were seriously shaking to the point I heard frames creaking. I was sitting in the kitchen and looking out the window, when suddenly the the whole block went black for 30 seconds. That was actually a pretty awesome sight.

Hmm, that wasn't really something to be pissed about. Oh, now I got it.

Tomorrow's monday! :sigh:

• Like 1

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

I'm with ya' there, on that one. :hug2: :hug2:

It's been chaos...buuuut I am at least cheery WOOP WOOP!

• Like 2