What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I love snow. :huh:

So do I.

I do, too. But then again, I've never spent more than about a week at a time living in it.

We just had our first snow of the winter yesterday :)

We got,

About 6-8 inches on Friday night.

More than us, we got about an inch :LOL:

Lucky you,

I am too lazy to go and shovel it right now. Tomorrow. :D-13:

So do I.

I do, too. But then again, I've never spent more than about a week at a time living in it.

We got,

Lucky you,

So do I.

We got,

Lucky you,

It all started to melt and now it's turned to ice

• Like 1

So do I.

We got,

Lucky you,

So do I.

We got,

Lucky you,

It all started to melt and now it's turned to ice

That sucks!

Snow and ice everywhere :(

I couldn't figure out why my subwoofer was rattling when I played loud music, or when the music had a lot of bass. I have previously checked the cabinet and found nothing suspicious, so I figured I might just take the damn thing apart. Turns out the foam surround of the speaker had completely rotten away.

23217823126_66e0ca3b24_z.jpg

Repairing it will be fun once I can get the glue residue off! I have rubbing alcohol and terpentine but I can't work for more than 30 minutes before I get a slight headache. If I open my door for too long I start freezing.

I need to find a new foam surround and gasket (I think that's what it's called). No need to throw this speaker out, it's very good quality.

If it ain't broken don't fix it, but if it's broken don't throw it away - fix it! ;)

• Like 3

But I refuse to give in. f**k him.

Oops, I first read that as "But I refuse to f**k him." :oops:

Don't be silly. You can't last 20 years with the same company with that attitude. :LOL:
  • Like 2

So do I.

I have been stranded in blizzards, once taking 7 actual hours to get 16 miles home due to the conditions, accidents, and other aggravations due to the snow and ice. I hate my 30 minute commutes turning into parking lot situations. Also being rear-ended because people don't know how to drive in it is not fun.

So yeah, I hate snow. And before anyone says the typical, "then why do you live there?" nonsense, it's not always that easy to pick up and leave, depending on your circumstances, so you do the best you can with it in the meantime. Rest assured when it is retirement time, I will be elsewhere.

• Like 2

So do I.

We got,

We've got snow on the way. Supposed to dump a bunch tonight and tomorrow in the valley, which means loads of snow in the mountains! I'm stoked!
  • Like 2

We've got snow on the way. Supposed to dump a bunch tonight and tomorrow in the valley, which means loads of snow in the mountains! I'm stoked!

Yay, so am I! The more snowpack we get the better, and not just for skiing ;)

I just checked the forecast for Truckee and Tahoe is supposed to get 5-8" tomorrow.

• Like 1

Our neighbor has to do thirty days in prison. Since he happens to be have a job, he has a work release program while doing his time.

Do you know he has to pay the prison $14 a day so he can go to work and not lose his job which will take him two and a half hours to get to by bus every day? He told us he has to show up with $280 in hand to give to them when he checks in.

So he's penalized for actually being a productive citizen.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Our neighbor has to do thirty days in prison. Since he happens to be have a job, he has a work release program while doing his time.

Do you know he has to pay the prison $14 a day so he can go to work and not lose his job which will take him two and a half hours to get to by bus every day? He told us he has to show up with $280 in hand to give to them when he checks in.

What,

Did he do?

• Like 1

DWI

No accident, just got stopped after leaving a bar when he had a few beers. It doesn't take much in my state to get a DWI. If I had one beer and got in my car, I could probably get a DWI too.

Yeah,

A few beers will do you in for sure.

• Like 2

But don't you think it's cheesy of them to penalize him for having a job and wanting to keep it?

What does he have to pay them for?

Not sure,

I don't live there. And have no idea of what the laws are. He must have known and walked to the bar or taken a taxi.

But don't you think it's cheesy of them to penalize him for having a job and wanting to keep it?

Not sure,

I don't live there. And have no idea of what the laws are. He must have known and walked to the bar or taken a taxi.

I think you are misunderstanding. :)

He has to pay the prison money so they can let him out every day to go to work while he's doing his thirty day sentence He's got to show up when he signs himself to prison with almost $300 in hand. He has to pay in advance.

• Like 1

DWI

No accident, just got stopped after leaving a bar when he had a few beers. It doesn't take much in my state to get a DWI. If I had one beer and got in my car, I could probably get a DWI too.

Can't he get a special driver's license that will allow him to use his vehicle to get to and from his job?

The same thing happened to my dad a number of years ago. He went out for a few drinks after work and was pulled over two blocks from home and charged with a DWI. He only had two or three drinks but since it was still fresh in his system he tested over the legal limit.

Anyways, he was able to get a special order from the court that allowed him to be able to drive his car to and from work and that was it. Maybe the laws are different here? Did this guy have legal representation? My dad got a lawyer, so that may have helped him in getting a less of a punishment.

From here it looks like he's being penalized for DUI. Productive citizens f**k up all the time. Sounds like your neighbor was one of them.

• Like 5

From here it looks like he's being penalized for DUI. Productive citizens f**k up all the time. Sounds like your neighbor was one of them.

I agree. it sounds like they're being nice enough to let him keep his job, rather than spending the full time in jail.

• Like 3

Not sure,

I think you are misunderstanding. :)

He has to pay the prison money so they can let him out every day to go to work while he's doing his thirty day sentence He's got to show up when he signs himself to prison with almost $300 in hand. He has to pay in advance.

Gotcha,

That is insane! I guess it's just one of those situations where you are screwed all around.

Edited by troutman

Was it a first offense? If so, that is steep.

If it's not, then if say he has to learn, at some point. And he's lucky to still be able to go to work during that time.

Either that, or he won't.

• Like 3

It snowed. I hate winter. Why do I live here? Whenever I hear someone say he wants a White Christmas, I wanna punch him.