What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Very annoying I know. I haven't seen that one in a while thankfully...

I haven't seen it ever...does that mean I don't like everyone enough?

:huh:

Learn to love.

Like I love that Crowes show.

• Like 1

Rant: ON

President of the company I work for, standing three feet away from me talking to the purchasing manager (who was my boss for eight years, but isn't anymore- he was, in effect, demoted)...asking how much we're paying in freight charges for a particular component. And the purchasing manager doesn't know- he's hemming and hawing around...and the owner says, "We need to start knowing our costs."

Does it strike anyone as odd that the owner/president of a company should even need to say that?

I kept quiet, sitting in my cubicle...I felt like saying, "Let me tell you something about your costs- the guy you're asking is costing you almost double the salary that I'm costing you, and he doesn't know the answer to your question...but I do. How much does that tell you about your costs?"

I know I'm not enlightening anyone with anything that isn't already pretty much common knowledge about the business world. They'll take whatever information you have, for as long as you have it, and that's to be expected. But make the slightest little misstep, be just a tiny little bit less than flawless, and you can be sure you'll hear about it from someone.

I'm just angry that I've been working at my job for nearly twelve years, and I regard it as a completely thankless ordeal.

Rant: off.

• Like 3

President of the company I work for, standing three feet away from me talking to the purchasing manager (who was my boss for eight years, but isn't anymore- he was, in effect, demoted)...asking how much we're paying in freight charges for a particular component. And the purchasing manager doesn't know- he's hemming and hawing around...and the owner says, "We need to start knowing our costs."

Does it strike anyone as odd that the owner/president of a company should even need to say that?

I kept quiet, sitting in my cubicle...I felt like saying, "Let me tell you something about your costs- the guy you're asking is costing you almost double the salary that I'm costing you, and he doesn't know the answer to your question...but I do. How much does that tell you about your costs?"

I know I'm not enlightening anyone with anything that isn't already pretty much common knowledge about the business world. They'll take whatever information you have, for as long as you have it, and that's to be expected. But make the slightest little misstep, be just a tiny little bit less than flawless, and you can be sure you'll hear about it from someone.

I'm just angry that I've been working at my job for nearly twelve years, and I regard it as a completely thankless ordeal.

Wow,

That sucks bro.

^ Thanks. I know I've complained about my job around here before; don't mean to be a broken record or anything.

I know my father would say, "Why complain about it, though? Just get out and find something else, if you're not happy."

Easier said than done, though.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

^ Thanks. I know I've complained about my job around here before; don't mean to be a broken record or anything.

I know my father would say, "Why complain about it, though? Just get out and find something else, if you're not happy."

Easier said than done, though.

I worked in the oil industry for nineteen years,

I was fortunate enough to have a manager who was like a good friend. Best manager I have ever had my entire life.

• Like 3

What if you go up to the president now, not in the presence of your former manager, and tell him this? Is that feasible?

• Like 1

^ Yes, it is. And I did, a little later. (I didn't give him any grief, I don't mean that- but I gave him the answer to his question).

I have done the same thing in similar situations with the boss I have now. I'm sure it's helpful, and makes a good impression. But all the opportunities I've taken to do things like that have not seemed to get me very far, in terms of advancement.

That's the frustrating thing; I feel like I've just been treading water, at best.

Thank you for the constructive comment, though. :)

• Like 4

Hit 4 out of 5 numbers on the Badger 5 lottery. The jackpot was the highest in over two years. $340,000.00

I get $50.00 for my trouble......:doh:

• Like 1

Hit 4 out of 5 numbers on the Badger 5 lottery. The jackpot was the highest in over two years. $340,000.00

How close was that 5th number? That is, you guessed "8" and the number was "73"? Or more like, you guessed "8" and the number was "9"?

The winning numbers were 9, 13, 15, 17, 18 (picked from numbers 1 thru 31).

My numbers were 9, 15, 16, 17, 18. That damned unlucky 13 screwed me up!! :LOL:

• Like 2

How close was that 5th number? That is, you guessed "8" and the number was "73"? Or more like, you guessed "8" and the number was "9"?

The winning numbers were 9, 13, 15, 17, 18 (picked from numbers 1 thru 31).

My numbers were 9, 15, 16, 17, 18. That damned unlucky 13 screwed me up!! :LOL:

That's a bastard of a close call !

• Like 1

post root canal pain. the novocaine just wore off :(

Oh no! I hope you can get some Tylenol or stronger and feel better soon!

i have tylenol 3 but i can only take it every 4 hours but it ears off every 2.

What if you go up to the president now, not in the presence of your former manager, and tell him this? Is that feasible?

I'm glad the jerk is not your boss anymore.
  • Like 1

^ Yes, it is. And I did, a little later. (I didn't give him any grief, I don't mean that- but I gave him the answer to his question).

I have done the same thing in similar situations with the boss I have now. I'm sure it's helpful, and makes a good impression. But all the opportunities I've taken to do things like that have not seemed to get me very far, in terms of advancement.

That's the frustrating thing; I feel like I've just been treading water, at best.

Thank you for the constructive comment, though. :)

that's how I felt at my last job (hospital). I would try to save money on supplies,save unopened packages & point out where stuff was being wasted or not getting billed for, etc. They never appreciated it or made any changes. So frustrating!
  • Like 1

The dogs next door will not shut up. BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK!

Literally for hours.

• Like 1