What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

These photos of Detroit really piss me off and breaks my heart at the same time,

What was once a great thriving city has turned in to this.

Note: Please do not comment on the political aspect of it!

http://blogs.denverp...f-detroit/2672/

Those are fantastic photos. The political and financial aspects of Detroit aside, I find there really is beauty in urban ruins in a post-apocalyptic way.

• Like 1

These photos of Detroit really piss me off and breaks my heart at the same time,

very sad. I live 2 hours from Detroit. In the 60s, it was an amazing place. We occasionally visited relatives there and also attended some games at Tiger Stadium. Motown music was so prominent and it will always remind me of Detroit. I've been to concerts in Detroit and grew up following events via the Detroit channels we get on cable tv. you are right, it is heartbreaking.

• Like 1

very sad. I live 2 hours from Detroit. In the 60s, it was an amazing place. We occasionally visited relatives there and also attended some games at Tiger Stadium. Motown music was so prominent and it will always remind me of Detroit. I've been to concerts in Detroit and grew up following events via the Detroit channels we get on cable tv. you are right, it is heartbreaking.

Sorry,

I ran out of 'likes' for the day. I Can only imagine what it was like back then. Must have been so cool. Did you see Al Kaline play? :D

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Sorry,

I ran out of 'likes' for the day. I Can only imagine what it was like back then. Must have been so cool. Did you see Al Kaline play? :D

Hank Greenberg?.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Sorry,

Hank Greenberg?.... :LOL:

Your not that old. :codger: :P

Sorry,

yes, I'm that old. I saw Al Kaline playing in person... :LOL: not Hank Greenberg, Mr. Narpski wiseguy, he was before my time...

Detroit was very cool back then.

• Like 1

Sorry,

yes, I'm that old. I saw Al Kaline playing in person... :LOL: not Hank Greenberg, Mr. Narpski wiseguy, he was before my time...

I saw Kaline too.... :LOL:

Sorry,

Must have been really cool,

What about 'Willie Horton'? And what other players did you guys see? :codger:

Sorry,

Me in person? Mostly either late 60' and 70's Senators, Orioles or Astros and whoever they were playing at the time. My dad loved baseball and took us to quite a few games. I remember when Denny McClain was traded to the Senators :facepalm:
  • Like 1

Sorry,

Me in person? Mostly either late 60' and 70's Senators, Orioles or Astros and whoever they were playing at the time. My dad loved baseball and took us to quite a few games. I remember when Denny McClain was traded to the Senators :facepalm:

:moon: :LOL:

Moles. As in, the ones that dig massive tunnels and put holes all over my yard, especially by the flowers.

They suck. I have had plenty of problems with them in the past.... :rage:

Moles. As in, the ones that dig massive tunnels and put holes all over my yard, especially by the flowers.

Try a garden hose or two. Just put them in a hole, or two if have an extra hose, and turn them on. The tunnels will flood and they will come out or drown. I know it's kind of mean but they will ruin your yard.

Try a garden hose or two. Just put them in a hole, or two if have an extra hose, and turn them on. The tunnels will flood and they will come out or drown. I know it's kind of mean but they will ruin your yard.

I have those mole smoke bombs. There was a period there where we didn't have them but here they are again. There is a section of yard and garden that has massive (seriously, massive) mounds. I bomb the poo out of their tunnels. You have to get rid of moles. They can do a lot of damage in no time. Our back yard is all lumpy and bumpy from previous tunnels. I almost broke my ankle earlier this summer playing soccer with my oldest son in the back yard.

I have those mole smoke bombs. There was a period there where we didn't have them but here they are again. There is a section of yard and garden that has massive (seriously, massive) mounds. I bomb the poo out of their tunnels. You have to get rid of moles. They can do a lot of damage in no time. Our back yard is all lumpy and bumpy from previous tunnels. I almost broke my ankle earlier this summer playing soccer with my oldest son in the back yard.

Get some cats. :D

Some days this place really pisses me off. This is one of them, and since most here have no qualms about complaining about everything and one under the sun to do with TRF, it's my turn now.

I'm sick of all the complaints about the quality of the threads. Don't like them? Start your own then. I have noticed that the biggest complainers about this particular topic never contribute much else aside from their complaints to the board.

What else would you like to discuss on a subforum for anything to do with Rush albums? Kantian philosophy? The pitfalls of trigonometry?

• Like 2

Nothing doing..! If those moles can create mounds that size, then I'm outta here..! :scared:

:P

• Like 2

Nothing doing..! If those moles can create mounds that size, then I'm outta here..! :scared:

:P

Not so fast,

We can get Tim & Sh**head on the case ASAP!! :LOL: :7up: :pussy: :P

• Like 2