What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I keep getting messages on my cell from relators in the Buffalo area asking if I want to sell my house.  I advise them I'm not in the area nor own property there, then b!ock the phone number.

Last time I was anywhere near the area was on a family vaca to Niagara Falls in the early '60s.  Visited "The Grand Canyon of the East" at Letchworth State Park.

• Like 1

Honestly the silliness of having to account for paperwork to get anything done in North America.

If you ever catch an office worker of any gender glaring at you while he or she eats a sandwich at a cluttered desk, they're just pissed off at all the paperwork, not you.

• Like 1

FedEx has had a package I ordered at their local delivery warehouse since approximately 9:30 last Friday night. Initially the status said it would be delivered on Saturday. Didn't happen. The status changed to "delayed" with an expected delivery of yesterday. Didn't happen. Still says delayed with an expected delivery of today but it's never been listed as "on the truck" or "out for delivery" so I doubt it will be delivered today either. To make matters worse it's almost impossible to actually talk to a human and when you do they give you the same info that's on the website. I was able to find a corporate email contact and they responded but only asked for more information which I provided. Haven't heard from them since. 

I could have literally driven less than 25 minutes and retrieved it myself but that isn't an option. I'm wondering if it's damaged and they're trying to figure out how to weasel out of replacing it. :rage:

5 hours ago, BastillePark said:

FedEx has had a package I ordered at their local delivery warehouse since approximately 9:30 last Friday night. Initially the status said it would be delivered on Saturday. Didn't happen. The status changed to "delayed" with an expected delivery of yesterday. Didn't happen. Still says delayed with an expected delivery of today but it's never been listed as "on the truck" or "out for delivery" so I doubt it will be delivered today either. To make matters worse it's almost impossible to actually talk to a human and when you do they give you the same info that's on the website. I was able to find a corporate email contact and they responded but only asked for more information which I provided. Haven't heard from them since. 

I could have literally driven less than 25 minutes and retrieved it myself but that isn't an option. I'm wondering if it's damaged and they're trying to figure out how to weasel out of replacing it. :rage:

Ugh, I'm sorry that happened!  Fed Ex is the worst delivery service around here and that is saying something, you have to go pretty low to beat UPS and USPS and their problems in PA.

Not just today, but it in general, when people approach me with "Can I make a suggestion?" AFTER an event I've put on for 70+ people.  

:thumbsdown:

• Like 1

I heard about that Missouri politician who doubled down on being okay with 12 years old getting married.  Even after Sinead on SNL and Team Spotlight, it sickening that this crap is still going on.  Also, on a personal level, this hurts me since I have a 10 year old niece.  Anyone does that to her, I’ll go psycho Uncle Buck on them.

”Ever hear of a ritual killing?  Gnaw on her face like that in public again and you’ll be one!”

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Phrases that make me wanna hurl: 

meet-cute

vacay

totes

the fam

I'mma

hangry

spill the tea

lit

woke

clap back

bae (It means poo in Danish)

sweet (to refer to things that aren't)

my bad (bad is an adjective, not a noun)

Edited by Krystal
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Krystal said:

meet-cute

vacay

totes

the fam

I'mma

hangry

spill the tea

lit

woke

clap back

I would add swag to that list.  That was all over the early 10s with annoying people like Kartrashians and Bieber.  Bae is my least favorite of the list.

As far as the fascists on social media go, "based."  Just a dog whistle for "I'm against facts because the side I selfishly hate sides with them on selfish principle alone."

7 hours ago, Krystal said:

meet-cute

vacay

totes

the fam

I'mma

hangry

spill the tea

lit

woke

clap back

Don't forget the most overused word right now...Epic :rolleyes:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Don't forget the most overused word right now...Epic :rolleyes:

You're not gonna like that Faith No More song. :laugh:  Ironically, that word is nowhere in the lyrics.

Spoiler

Or that Scott Pilgrim tagline and Epic Movie.  Then again, those Friedberg/Seltzer parodies are awful anyways.

• Haha 1

I know my father used to be a big fan of John Wayne.  Apparently JW was a nasty human being.  His name is being removed from a bunch of landmarks. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 9:48 AM, Krystal said:

I know my father used to be a big fan of John Wayne.  Apparently JW was a nasty human being.  His name is being removed from a bunch of landmarks. 

I'm glad you brought John Wayne up....He married a Spanish woman (IIRC?) but was a vocal racist.

Ew. He was living proof actors of his era were cast for looks, not total talent. 

Back on topic, what is pissing me off today is finding out I have to pay more than expected for dental surgery. (& I put off this surgery for months due to having to work so much over the winter.) Might have to max out the credit card, ugh.

Just brushing my teeth can piss me off!  

I squeezed some toothpaste onto the toothbrush, and the tip of the tube hit some of the little bristles, which flung a bit of toothpaste right into my eye.  IT BURNED!!  :rage:

This morning, when I went to fetch a paper plate from the cabinet, I had previously set aside a leftovers container of Hamburger Helper on the counter for breakfast. When, lo and behold, the dishes were stacked too high and came crashing down, thus knocking my leftovers container on the ground and spilling my morning meal all over the kitchen floor. I was not too happy. I'm quick to anger and easily irritated by the slightest of things that go wrong.