What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

17 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Totally fair.  @NoahLutz You should check SOCN out when you're eligible.   That topic IS being discussed there.

Yes, we do discuss this annoying habit amongst journalists. When someone on the right commits something like vehicle homicide their politics is noted, their affiliations noted, the person is responsible for the crime. When a progressive commits the same offense the vehicle commits the crime, that is how it’s presented in print, radio and on TV by people who supposedly know words matter. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I've voiced my opinion on this a few times, so I won't bore everyone by restating it again.  Everyone here is reasonably intelligent.  You know when your posts are touching on a political subject.  I would prefer those be kept in the subforum specifically designed for them.  If you elect to post those opinions here, then you should be OK with people indicating they disagree with you.

I don’t mind people disagreeing.  Calling me a racist and accusing me of things that never happened feels a bit different though, doesn’t it?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Totally fair.  @NoahLutz You should check SOCN out when you're eligible.   That topic IS being discussed there.

OK.  I was just following what seemed like the norms here as most of the recent posts in this thread are about politics, including by people who seem not to like that.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

OK.  I was just following what seemed like the norms here as most of the recent posts in this thread are about politics, including by people who seem not to like that.  

It does happen here, which, speaking for myself, I wish it wouldn't.  SOCN allows us to freely discuss these types of issues with people who have signed up for doing so.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

I don’t mind people disagreeing.  Calling me a racist and accusing me of things that never happened feels a bit different though, doesn’t it?

My post wasn't really directed at your posts here.  It was more about the tendency to post a political opinion here and then objecting to people taking a different view.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rick N. Backer said:

My post wasn't really directed at your posts here.  It was more about the tendency to post a political opinion here and then objecting to people taking a different view.

Fair enough.  This seems to have been happening long before my post.  Yet, for some reason, my post seems to have sparked controversy.  

• Like 1

:ranton:I get a call at home from my local Walgreens, saying a prescription refill is ready; one that i didn't order.  I go to pick it up, and the customer keypad refuses input of my home number, to which my online account is registered.  The pharmacy clerk says its now only accepting mobile phone numbers.  I bite my tongue to avoid barking out "ftb" and enter the cell number.

This shit chaps my ass.  My cell number is your business only if I say so.  As long as I'm breathing, I will have a hardline phone in my house, and I will use it!

Sorry Frank, but I will not do what I am told, and the rights to me aren't for sale.  f**k THAT BULLSHIT!  :rantoff:

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

:ranton:I get a call at home from my local Walgreens, saying a prescription refill is ready; one that i didn't order.  I go to pick it up, and the customer keypad refuses input of my home number, to which my online account is registered.  The pharmacy clerk says its now only accepting mobile phone numbers.  I bite my tongue to avoid barking out "ftb" and enter the cell number.

This shit chaps my ass.  My cell number is your business only if I say so.  As long as I'm breathing, I will have a hardline phone in my house, and I will use it!

Sorry Frank, but I will not do what I am told, and the rights to me aren't for sale.  f**k THAT BULLSHIT!  :rantoff:

I think having a landline these days is silly, but I will righteously support your right to have one.  I get indignant with constant asking for email addresses when it’s not really necessary. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

To be fair the vast majority of RS whiny progressives don’t behave that way. That is the m.o. of Invisible Airwaves, they snap way too easily best use the ignore function. I’ve had them on ignore for months, it’s relaxing*.

*Use of the pronouns they/them is an attempt to not assume one’s gender and be labeled a f***ing transphobic. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

I think having a landline these days is silly, but I will righteously support your right to have one.  I get indignant with constant asking for email addresses when it’s not really necessary. 

When I was working for Uncle we were required to have a hardline.  There were a couple of times when it was a needed communications source.  When we got hit by Hurricane Wilma and lost power in the house for two and a half days,  power to the phone lines was probably out for only four hours.  My boss called us all to make sure we were OK, and advised us to keep checking our hotline for office updates.  That was necessary since our data servers were seriously damaged; we were away from work for four more days until they were fixed.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

I actually agree with the cell phone part.  My cell phone in theory allows you to get in touch with me wherever I am.  That's why mine is set so that except for a very, very, very limited number of people, if you call mine you go to voice mail.  As the great Joe Walsh said, "Just leave a message, maybe I'll call."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a simple thing like cancelling my newspaper subscription.  How many times do I have to say "NO"?   :angry:

I may have to take two days off in a row since I’ve been sick since Sunday night.  I had Monday off.  Looking like Black Friday is my return since work is closed for Thanksgiving.  It’s not as bad as yesterday but I’m still doubtful about cutting down pallets in the stock room while congested with sinus issues.

Got some Vitamin C packets yesterday from some Vons grocery delivery service.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

I may have to take two days off in a row since I’ve been sick since Sunday night.  I had Monday off.  Looking like Black Friday is my return since work is closed for Thanksgiving.  It’s not as bad as yesterday but I’m still doubtful about cutting down pallets in the stock room while congested with sinus issues.

Got some Vitamin C packets yesterday from some Vons grocery delivery service.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1

The neighbor's dog came into our yard and peed all over our bushes.  Why can't they just stick to fire hydrants? 

douchebag broke the rental car window

fa-la-la-la-la-la

stole the damn steering wheel

fa-la-la-la-la-la

Budget is taking forever to reach back to me

fa-la-la-la-la-la

we fly back home tomorrow morning

fa-la-la-la-la-la

Getting free of this fkking cold I've had since Christmas Eve!  Despite all the meds.  Not in a lot of pain, but my nose is raw from blowing it, and I'm tired of hacking crap out of my chest.

7 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Getting free of this fkking cold I've had since Christmas Eve!  Despite all the meds.  Not in a lot of pain, but my nose is raw from blowing it, and I'm tired of hacking crap out of my chest.

Sending wishes for healing! 2022 seems to be the year of nasty head colds . . . .

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 10:54 PM, blueschica said:

Sending wishes for healing! 2022 seems to be the year of nasty head colds . . . .

3 goddamn weeks, and I'm not 100%.  Still sniffling and hacking crap out of my chest.  Another cold snap for the weekend; hoping I don't get sick again.  I'm fed up with this shit!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

3 goddamn weeks, and I'm not 100%.  Still sniffling and hacking crap out of my chest.  Another cold snap for the weekend; hoping I don't get sick again.  I'm fed up with this shit!

This is the worst winter for head colds and respiratory stuff that I can remember! A lot of people I know that never get sick are dealing with long stuff right now.  Hope you heal soon!

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 10:19 AM, JohnRogers said:

This is along the same lines,  Google thinks that it is imperative that I give them my date of birth at least twice a month since I signed on in 2018 for my phone.  It ticks me off they won't leave me alone, they only want it to send me more ads and crap I don't care to see. :angry: