What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Had one of the most disrespectful audiences at a movie theater in just over a decade. I never had this problem with most Marvel movies but the Spider Man audience were talking through as if they're clever and feel special knowing who is referenced. One pointed out "It's him!" loudly and I wanted to tell him to F off.

Consider no more Marvel flicks?

Went to see Spiderman with the sister, BIL and nephew. Came back to the house for a huge homemade Italian Christmas dinner.

Everyone got along. We were even laughing and telling funny stories.

I hate it when all my pessimistic expectations are destroyed. :rage: :rage: :lol:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

Had to take garbage out, because NYD or not Saturday is our regular pick up day (as opposed to Christmas Day, when nothing gets picked up). Already, can barely breathe due to all the burnt gunpowder from fireworks being set off.

Had to take garbage out, because NYD or not Saturday is our regular pick up day (as opposed to Christmas Day, when nothing gets picked up). Already, can barely breathe due to all the burnt gunpowder from fireworks being set off.

Just another Friday night in Detroit, huh?

It was one of the reasons why I now live a Walden-lite existence. Didn`t hear any fireworks tonight or on Nov 5th (or any other day since we moved in March). Back in England, there was fireworks for every day that ended in a "y".

I thought the sound being gone for Licorice Pizza at the beginning in Westwood was bad enough. 2/3 into Tragedy of Macbeth and the projector goes out. Nice they gave everyone a free pass for a movie at the Laemmle but I want a refund goddamnit. Now I have to wait until it hits Apple TV. Sound issue, rude audience for Spidey and now this for the hat trick.

I blame Betty White being taken away from us as a sign the world has gone to crap. :lol:

Edit: Now my train ride is delayed 45 minutes. Fork this sheit! Murphy’s Law is a bitch and she’s back in heat.

Edited by invisible airwave

Positive test for covid (me and girlfriend)

Sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a full recovery for both of you

Thanks. Only had a slight sore throat and the sniffles for a couple of days.

All better now.

• Like 1

All better now.

Any loss of sense of smell or taste? Mrs. and I had it in October and both of us lost out sense of smell and she her sense of taste. Her smell is still coming and going, mine returned about 3-4 weeks after I got it. I knew it was back when i was in proximity of a guy with way too much cologne on and it hit me. First time I've ever actually enjoyed that situation (probably last too LOL). We were both vaxxed so other symptoms were very mild to non-existent.

All better now.

Any loss of sense of smell or taste? Mrs. and I had it in October and both of us lost out sense of smell and she her sense of taste. Her smell is still coming and going, mine returned about 3-4 weeks after I got it. I knew it was back when i was in proximity of a guy with way too much cologne on and it hit me. First time I've ever actually enjoyed that situation (probably last too LOL). We were both vaxxed so other symptoms were very mild to non-existent.

No loss of smell or taste this time (only for 3 days or so when I caught it in Macrh), must have been omicron variant as it was just like a cold.

Also both double jabbed, had boosters booked in for Friday 7th Jan. Same thing happened when we first caught it, had jabs booked and a week before had an outbreak at work. Someone at work took around 6-7 months to get taste and smell back.

• Like 1

Let's not assume indifference, some posts are following a topic, other posts take all the context into account? 407 pages...

The commenting forums at packers.com are being permanently shut down after this weekend. They apparently do not have the resources to continue maintaining and moderating the many forums. There has also been a large amount of trolling and violations of commenting rules. The last couple of years have brought much political bickering to the forums, and the recent Rodgers dramas haven’t helped.

What a shame. There is a really good core group of fans who visit there every day, and we’re quite upset. :rage:

Hey y'all, long time no bitching.

Subject: Hiring and retaining qualified employees...how not to do it.

So I work for local government. Past couple of years my wage scale, which is preset for everyone, topped out and reached it's max. So no auto-raise or COLA adjustments. Raises were shit anyway, so I didn't worry about it.

Today I get an email from HR stating that I was off of 'red line' (where they mark you as frozen) for whatever reason and now my hourly pay will be adjusted to the new scale.

So I got a raise of 12 cents per hour. Not even 4 bucks a week after taxes. For 9 years of loyalty.

If this wasn't automatic I would have told them, ya know...just don't bother. Just keep it and at least I won't feel insulted. Maybe if I want a real raise I'll panhandle on the corner during lunch hour. I thought about spreading the wealth and sending HR 3 donuts a week, in a big box, for their staff of 10.

Reminds me of working at Long John Silvers as a cook during college in the early 80s. Worst job ever. Min wage of $3.35 an hour. But if you took on extra duties, they would pay an extra 5 cents an hour for each duty. Manager tried promoting this to me and I told him....naa, not worth it to me. At that rate I could have worked up to $4.25 an hour and be an asst manager! whoopy f***ing dooo!

The ironic thing is, that 5 cent raise at LJS is a larger % raise than the 12 cent raise they gave me.

They really know how to motivate a fella. Next year I'll work hard and maybe double my 12 cent raise!

A normal person would just quit, but that's it...I'm definitely retiring next year after my anniversary date.

A story in today's paper on local law enforcement gearing up for Monday's annual hooligan fest known as "Wheels Up, Guns Down." It's local dirt bikers, quad runners, and other non-street legal vehicle owners taking over the steets and highways, congregating, wheelie popping, doing burnouts, donut contests, and other trick riding, all in the middle of traffic. It's how they " celebrate" MLK Day.

If this Kartrashian loving attention gardening tool hosts, I'm skipping it. Personally, I want Conan O'Brien to host now that he's no longer under Warner Media.

https://pagesix.com/...22-oscars-host/

Wasn't this catfisher already warned off by Kaila Gerber's parents?
  • Like 1

2 movie theater experiences in a row with the same theater chain in different locations where the projector screwed up. Two weeks ago it was that Macbeth movie with Denzel Washington and now it was Scream at the Claremont and Pasadena Laemmle, respectively. It was right when they revealed who the Ghostface killer was as well. Got another free movie pass but it's not enough. I'm starting to see why this chain has been doing poor even just before COVID. You had one job you f***ing idiots! :banghead: I didn't feel like staying until the projector went back to normal and headed back home on the Metro gold line and Foothill Transit and Omintrans buses back home. I'm gonna see the rest of it on some camera torrent I just downloaded.

This BETTER not happen when I see the black and white special presentations of Nightmare Alley in two weeks. I'm starting to feel like I am to theaters what Bruce Willis was to trains in Unbreakable.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

2 movie theater experiences in a row with the same theater chain in different locations where the projector screwed up. Two weeks ago it was that Macbeth movie with Denzel Washington and now it was Scream at the Claremont and Pasadena Laemmle, respectively. It was right when they revealed who the Ghostface killer was as well. Got another free movie pass but it's not enough. I'm starting to see why this chain has been doing poor even just before COVID. You had one job you f***ing idiots! :banghead: I didn't feel like staying until the projector went back to normal and headed back home on the Metro gold line and Foothill Transit and Omintrans buses back home. I'm gonna see the rest of it on some camera torrent I just downloaded.

This BETTER not happen when I see the black and white special presentations of Nightmare Alley in two weeks. I'm starting to feel like I am to theaters what Bruce Willis was to trains in Unbreakable.

Oh no! I felt like that one year when we lived in Salt Lake City. It was a day off school and I took my kids and friends to the movies (like 6 kids.)

There was only one employee there, it was the afternoon. My toddler wanted popcorn and they had some hot oil display popper there, so the guy started it up! Too much oil or something, because when he went to answer the phone, the oil caught on fire! Flames were coming out of the top of the popper! I waved at the employee and he ran to get the fire extinguisher. While he was using it I could see the open door of the projection booth behind him. And the film, coming out of the projector, missing the take up reel and slowly pooling and tangling all over the floor. I felt like we were the worst bad luck movie patrons ever. . . .I think when we left the counter he was panic calling the manager . . . :o. :o

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Oh no! I felt like that one year when we lived in Salt Lake City. It was a day off school and I took my kids and friends to the movies (like 6 kids.)

There was only one employee there, it was the afternoon. My toddler wanted popcorn and they had some hot oil display popper there, so the guy started it up! Too much oil or something, because when he went to answer the phone, the oil caught on fire! Flames were coming out of the top of the popper! I waved at the employee and he ran to get the fire extinguisher. While he was using it I could see the open door of the projection booth behind him. And the film, coming out of the projector, missing the take up reel and slowly pooling and tangling all over the floor. I felt like we were the worst bad luck movie patrons ever. . . .I think when we left the counter he was panic calling the manager . . . :o. :o

There's an SNL skit in there.

• Like 3

There's an SNL skit in there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think we ever went back while we lived there! I felt like I was bad luck! :P

• Like 3