What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Question: Are Wasps nature`s jerks?

Definitely, especially considering I have spheksophobia

You`re lucky I can`t post photos, or I`d show you the nest! It`s like a crazy chinese lantern. I`m not letting it grow, by the way, just waiting for pest control :scared:
  • Like 1

You`re lucky I can`t post photos, or I`d show you the nest! It`s like a crazy chinese lantern. I`m not letting it grow, by the way, just waiting for pest control :scared:

Yeah, after the biologists come to the conclusion we should genetically engineer the extinction of the mosquito, I vote for wasps to go next.

• Like 2

July 17th on Record Store Day Canada, I purchased a previous released digital EP available by Big Wreck as a limited edition 12" vinyl pressing for a friend in the US.

My friend is a fan of Big Wreck and asked if I could do the above scenario for him, as this particular release wasn't available on the US Record Store Day drop list.

I arrived an hour and a half early at my local record store and was second in line before opening.

I then had to order a vinyl record mailer elsewhere in Canada, as the post office and courier companies don't offer items like this, which took a week to arrive.

I finally shipped the package on July 26th, which includes tracking that I purchased.

Up until July 29th, everything seemed to be running smoothly when tracking the location of the package during stages of being delivered to my friend.

After that up to this point, the package is sitting delayed in transit via the USPS distribution centre and I haven't received any further status updates since.

The last three days, it says 'in transit' and nothing more.

I've called in twice for assistance and spoke with a support agent, and they can't assist with providing any further information on the status of the package.

I've watched various YouTube videos explaining USPS mail delays regarding packages and why they occur.

It's been frustrating to maintain patience throughout this without knowing what's going on.

In relation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyPFB9d4jto

From Business Insider.

I'm a 17-year US postal worker who has never witnessed such bad mail delays or heard management admit 'we can't handle volume' until now

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

Yeah, after the biologists come to the conclusion we should genetically engineer the extinction of the mosquito, I vote for wasps to go next.

It`s fun to apply maxims to everyday events - this is one of the rare chances I`ve had to yell "discretion is the better part of valor" as I ran away. I understand the necessity of all links of the food chain, but wasps are actually just like humans in that they are an apex predator so we should definitely worry about them growing opposable digits.
  • Like 1

Then asian giant hornets, and then west conifer seed bugs.
  • Like 2

July 17th on Record Store Day Canada, I purchased a previous released digital EP available by Big Wreck as a limited edition 12" vinyl pressing for a friend in the US.

My friend is a fan of Big Wreck and asked if I could do the above scenario for him, as this particular release wasn't available on the US Record Store Day drop list.

I arrived an hour and a half early at my local record store and was second in line before opening.

I then had to order a vinyl record mailer elsewhere in Canada, as the post office and courier companies don't offer items like this, which took a week to arrive.

I finally shipped the package on July 26th, which includes tracking that I purchased.

Up until July 29th, everything seemed to be running smoothly when tracking the location of the package during stages of being delivered to my friend.

After that up to this point, the package is sitting delayed in transit via the USPS distribution centre and I haven't received any further status updates.

I've called in twice for assistance and spoke with a support agent, and they can't assist with providing any further information on the status of the package.

I've watched various YouTube videos explaining USPS mail delays regarding packages and why they occur.

It's been frustrating to maintain patience throughout this without knowing what's going on.

In relation.

From Business Insider.

I'm a 17-year US postal worker who has never witnessed such bad mail delays or heard management admit 'we can't handle volume' until now

USPS are a bunch of lazy cucks. I had a letter I paid to be sent Registered Mail sit in a distribution center in My Jam Me for 3 days before it headed to the adressee in Michigan.

Traffic and people that don't know how to drive.

Can't be as bad as SoCal. Good thing I take buses and trains instead. 10 freeway is even worse than usual since a lot of construction is happening from the L.A./San Berdu county line to the 15 to add a toll express lane. 405 from the 73 toll freeway to the 605 is doing the same thing and we all know how packed that is.

So I took a motorcycling vacation from Vancouver, WA to San Diego and back with plenty of stops in between here in early July. After attending the Padres games on Thursday night, I left San Diego Friday morning headed for a night's stay in Atascadero so I could do a short trip up to Frisco for a Giants afternoon game at 1:00 PM on Saturday. Like a complete fukking dumbass, I decided to take my time on the way up and have lunch in Laguna Beach so I could enjoy pretty girls, the ocean etc. By the time I left there it was like 12:30 and I was in Friday afternoon LA traffic hell. Part of the 405 was OK but a lot was stop and go, then the 101 was stop and go through Reseda, Oxnard, Ventura and Santa Barbara. I would guess I was in stop and go 65% of that portion of the day and in 90+ degree heat. I split lanes a bit, but my bike is big and I have highway pegs that stick out on either side so doing so is generally too difficult to pull off. As someone who lived in SoCal for 14 years (San Diego) I should've known better. 2nd worse travelling motorcycle day of my life surpassed only by the 6 hour non-stop monsoon I rode through in Pennsylvania in '18 (fukk Pennsylvania.....sorry blueschica).

I will say though, as bad as traffic is in SoCal, at least most folks down there know how to drive, when they actually aren't sitting in traffic. They are absolutely clueless in the Northwest.....e.g. they approach merging like it's an attempt to create a fusion reactor.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 2

USPS are a bunch of lazy cucks. I had a letter I paid to be sent Registered Mail sit in a distribution center in My Jam Me for 3 days before it headed to the adressee in Michigan.

It finally moved along today to the next destination. But still. Good grief.

• Like 1

Can't be as bad as SoCal. Good thing I take buses and trains instead. 10 freeway is even worse than usual since a lot of construction is happening from the L.A./San Berdu county line to the 15 to add a toll express lane. 405 from the 73 toll freeway to the 605 is doing the same thing and we all know how packed that is.

So I took a motorcycling vacation from Vancouver, WA to San Diego and back with plenty of stops in between here in early July. After attending the Padres games on Thursday night, I left San Diego Friday morning headed for a night's stay in Atascadero so I could do a short trip up to Frisco for a Giants afternoon game at 1:00 PM on Saturday. Like a complete fukking dumbass, I decided to take my time on the way up and have lunch in Laguna Beach so I could enjoy pretty girls, the ocean etc. By the time I left there it was like 12:30 and I was in Friday afternoon LA traffic hell. Part of the 405 was OK but a lot was stop and go, then the 101 was stop and go through Reseda, Oxnard, Ventura and Santa Barbara. I would guess I was in stop and go 65% of that portion of the day and in 90+ degree heat. I split lanes a bit, but my bike is big and I have highway pegs that stick out on either side so doing so is generally too difficult to pull off. As someone who lived in SoCal for 14 years (San Diego) I should've known better. 2nd worse travelling motorcycle day of my life surpassed only by the 6 hour non-stop monsoon I rode through in Pennsylvania in '18 (fukk Pennsylvania.....sorry blueschica).

I will say though, as bad as traffic is in SoCal, at least most folks down there know how to drive, when they actually aren't sitting in traffic. They are absolutely clueless in the Northwest.....e.g. they approach merging like it's an attempt to create a fusion reactor.

Santa Barbara is doing quite a bit of 101 construction as well from what I've read. A couple of ramp intersections have been realigned.

After that up to this point, the package is sitting delayed in transit via the USPS distribution centre and I haven't received any further status updates since.

The last three days, it says 'in transit' and nothing more.

In relation.

From Business Insider.

I had this issue last fall. It sat in transit for a while and I had the sender contact the post office where they mailed it from. Got it about a week after that, it was frustrating.

My take on this is more to do with the fool put in charge of the P.O. by the last administration. Even with the pandemic, packages were arriving much quicker until someone decided to close a bunch of locations and forbid mail carriers from doing extra runs to get them out. Around June or July 2020 is when it all went south. On top of that, destroying mail sorting equipment and other stupid moves, it's no surprise they can't get things out like they used to.

Santa Barbara is doing quite a bit of 101 construction as well from what I've read. A couple of ramp intersections have been realigned.

It did look like the construction was the biggest factor there.

Our phone/tv/internet service was disrupted for 3 days. I almost died.

Don't they provide access to TV/Internet in Intensive Care? ;)

Don't they provide access to TV/Internet in Intensive Care? ;)

They probably have better service than I do.
  • Like 1

Vacation trailers getting bigger and bigger, hogging more and more road, holding up more and more traffic.

And always speeding up in passing lanes.

• Like 3

Vacation trailers getting bigger and bigger, hogging more and more road, holding up more and more traffic.

And always speeding up in passing lanes.

Man no shit. Not a prob when I'm on my motorcycle but in the car is a diferent story.

Speaking of the car.............

Got up this morning, went out to the car (2013 RAV4, 145,000 miles), started it up with 3/4 of a tank of gas, drove to the gas station 5 miles away and noticed my low fuel light was on. Thought "that's weird, I had 3/4 of a tank" (I drive Uber/Lyft for a few hours in the mornings for a little extra dough and always fill up in the morning before starting). Next thought was "oh well, must be the gauge has failed. No biggie I'll just use the trip meter so I know when I need gas". Start to fill the tank and look down and see gas literally pouring out from somewhere under the car. Obviously stop filling, move the car to an area that it won't block others and am now waiting for Service Dept. to open to make sure they'll accept it when I have towed there.

Today is Friday the 13th.

Got up this morning, went out to the car (2013 RAV4, 145,000 miles), started it up with 3/4 of a tank of gas, drove to the gas station 5 miles away and noticed my low fuel light was on. Thought "that's weird, I had 3/4 of a tank" (I drive Uber/Lyft for a few hours in the mornings for a little extra dough and always fill up in the morning before starting). Next thought was "oh well, must be the gauge has failed. No biggie I'll just use the trip meter so I know when I need gas". Start to fill the tank and look down and see gas literally pouring out from somewhere under the car. Obviously stop filling, move the car to an area that it won't block others and am now waiting for Service Dept. to open to make sure they'll accept it when I have towed there.

That's rotten timing! Glad nothing else happened, that sounds scary. :scared:

Got the call from the repair shop. Someone tried to steal my gas by drilling into the gas tank. $1579 for a new tank and install. Calling my insurance company now...............

Got the call from the repair shop. Someone tried to steal my gas by drilling into the gas tank. $1579 for a new tank and install. Calling my insurance company now...............

It's amazing your vehicle isn't a smoldering pile of scrap. Whoever did that got pretty lucky.

• Like 1

It's amazing your vehicle isn't a smoldering pile of scrap. Whoever did that got pretty lucky.

Agree

• Like 1

Wow, I spoke too soon! That's pretty stupid and nervy of them. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right and you stuck in the middle...(silly I know but thought it fit in this instance.) Really glad you didn't get hurt. :eh:

• Like 1

I got panhandled by a kid just outside of a church. Well, at least I wasn't mugged.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/broadcasters-locast-copyright-lawsuit-1234825244/

It was a nice alternative to watch the Super Bowl, Oscars and election night coverage on PBS instead of paying too much money monthly on Youtube TV for cord cutting Roku users like me. There's an alternative to the prime time networks called Puffer but it's only San Fran affiliates and on internet and Local BTV for the satellite UHF channels but they don't carry the big 5 prime time networks.