What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

01 11 13 16 20 32 - The winning numbers for last night's Wisconsin Supercash lottery

02 11 14 17 21 36 - The numbers I picked for last night's Wisconsin Supercash lottery

:rage: :rage: :rage:

Ugh. The worst!

• Like 3

Weather forecasters as usual. Earlier in the week they were talking 66 and full sun on Sunday after 63 and full sun Saturday. We've now deteriorated to 60 and some sun Saturday and 57 and rain on Sunday. I know better than to get my hopes up in what passes for "Spring" here but damn, the weather in this part of the world in March and April (and too often May and June) gets tiresome. The curse of having lived in SoCal for 13 years I suppose.

Spring is the worst season here, where you get highs in the 60s one day and the 30 the next. We get snow of and on through June, but can have 80s and 90s as well. In contrast, Fall is amazing.

Yeah Fall is beautiful up here too. I hated Fall in SoCal because there really isn't one.........no leaves changing etc. Also didn't like the holidays because having grown up in Spokane I was used to snow at Christmas, But man Spring down there is just awesome, 70s by mid-March.

You usually have to wait until around Halloween when it becomes fall in California. Hate the heat waves in September and October.

Do ya know what I like about toothaches?

NOTHING. There is NOTHING that I like about toothaches..... :rage: :rage: :rage:

Joe Buck as a guest host for Jeopardy instead of LeVar Burton? The way I see it, FU Sony.

I'll take "Dipshit NFL Announcers Who Know Nothing About Football" for $1200, Joe.....

• Like 2

for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX4E0tyUvrI

Can't even steal a car and endanger a mom and her six year old and not get killed any more...smdh

Edited by laughedatbytime

Joe Buck as a guest host for Jeopardy instead of LeVar Burton? The way I see it, FU Sony.

YfImVpk.gif

Just found out this horseshit today. Jezuz K Riest, football and baseball are bad enough, but that slaughterhouse job golf commentary should have been a for sure red flag. smh. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

YfImVpk.gif

Burton IS guest hosting, before Buck gets his turn.

• Like 1

YfImVpk.gif

Just found out this horseshit today. Jezuz K Riest, football and baseball are bad enough, but that slaughterhouse job golf commentary should have been a for sure red flag. smh.

That's like getting an umpire to host and picking Devil Hernandez or Joe West.

Not pissed off exactly, but saddened and a little embarrassed. I bought some new socks, nice thin numbers, made with bamboo (?). However I slipped on the stairs and hurt my back and arm and fingers. Maybe it`s time I got a stairlift, or moved my bed downstairs, or only wear those socks with shoes. My wife was next to me and I slid into her ankle, so it wasn`t all bad :bump:

Stupid dentist....saying that the tooth has to come out.....what does he know? :sarcastic:

Over the weekend the through the wall AC unit started forming ice on the coils to the point that it's not cooling anything. AC tech came today, says refrigerant isn't circulating, unit is kaput. Problem is they can't install new AC unit until Thursday. Oh joy, 3 days of panting for Rocky and sweating for me. I can still run the fan in the old unit, but it just routes air from outside, and it's in thre high 80s to low 90's here.

Over the weekend the through the wall AC unit started forming ice on the coils to the point that it's not cooling anything. AC tech came today, says refrigerant isn't circulating, unit is kaput. Problem is they can't install new AC unit until Thursday. Oh joy, 3 days of panting for Rocky and sweating for me. I can still run the fan in the old unit, but it just routes air from outside, and it's in thre high 80s to low 90's here.

You should get another opinion. When the coils freeze and get ice, believe it or not (I know it sounds opposite) - more often than not you are simply low on freon (maybe a small pin prick leak that takes years to leak out). Find someone who fixes them instead of the typical HVAC guy who is really just a sales person for new units and convinces people they need a new one for commission.

• Like 1

You should get another opinion. When the coils freeze and get ice, believe it or not (I know it sounds opposite) - more often than not you are simply low on freon (maybe a small pin prick leak that takes years to leak out). Find someone who fixes them instead of the typical HVAC guy who is really just a sales person for new units and convinces people they need a new one for commission.

This is a self-contained unit. Similar to a window AC, but bigger, and in a heavy outer case that mounts in an opening cut into the masonry and stucco of the house. "typical HVAC guys", and their associated companies don't even accept calls on these units-never have in the 30+ years I've lived here. The company this tech was from specializes in this service work, and sales of new replacement units when needed.

When we bought the house in '87, it would have cost $5,000 alone to convert old heating ducts to metal HVAC ducts for the house. That, PLUS the cost of the HVAC equipment and its installation, was not an option for a 30-something couple and their homeowning venture. 20-20 hindsight indeed!

Edited by pjbear05

2:00 am....I’m sound asleep (for once) and the damned phone rings.

A Facetime call? From an unknown number?! GRRRRR..... :rage:

• Like 2

That is because insurance companies love taking your premiums but they hate paying out. And if they do, they just raise your premiums.

What is even worse is that I have to pay a co-pay on the scan. It's not like this is some superfluous test. I don't have $275 to shell out.

Sounds like a war zone here. I never lived anywhere where they loved fireworks as much as they do here. Last year it was awful - I was hoping the new neighborhood might be better.

Sounds like gun shots.

It's bone dry too. Hasn't rained in a few weeks and it's been so hot. People aren't very responsible anymore either.

I wish they would ban them altogether.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2