What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Not really pissed, more like annoyed and disappointed.

A decades-long family friend's condescension in that (1) I need children and (2) I need kids to know what "having one's plate full" really means. f**k you. Should've tossed him the f bomb but out of respect for the long term family relation I didn't. I said something much tamer, something like "Until you have mental telepathy, you don't know what goes on in other peoples' lives." Very disappointed in him.

What does piss me off is the handful of people over the years who've told me that I need kids to be happy and that my life isn't complete without them. f**k you too. I also hate when people ask me why I don't like kids just because I don't have them. I thought those days were long gone but this recent interaction brought it all back.

I'm just glad my parents, immediate family, and friends have never felt that way and have never pressured me like some twats.

I always smile and say "I'm not allowed within 100 meters of children" and that usually does the trick. :sundog:

I’ve said things like that with people I don’t know very well but people I’m familiar with should know better. Maybe I’m holding them in too high regard because I do know them? Anyway, 20+ years of this shit (albeit spread out over the decades) is enough. Once is enough really.

I do remember being f***ed off several years ago by an acquaintance when she gave me the, “You’re already 40 and you don’t have any kids. Why don’t you like children?” rubbish. I bombarded the hell out of her with rapid fire statements that grew into absolute nonsense:

“You don’t have a dog. Why don’t you like dogs? You don’t have any cats. Why don’t you like cats? You don’t have any turtles. Why don’t you like turtles? You don’t have any silverback mountain gorillas. Why don’t you like silverback mountain gorillas?” I think I even tossed in a duck-billed platypus in there.

f**k these people.

• Like 3

A decades-long family friend's condescension in that (1) I need children and (2) I need kids to know what "having one's plate full" really means. f**k you. Should've tossed him the f bomb but out of respect for the long term family relation I didn't. I said something much tamer, something like "Until you have mental telepathy, you don't know what goes on in other peoples' lives." Very disappointed in him.

What does piss me off is the handful of people over the years who've told me that I need kids to be happy and that my life isn't complete without them. f**k you too. I also hate when people ask me why I don't like kids just because I don't have them. I thought those days were long gone but this recent interaction brought it all back.

I'm just glad my parents, immediate family, and friends have never felt that way and have never pressured me like some twats.

I always smile and say "I'm not allowed within 100 meters of children" and that usually does the trick. :sundog:

I’ve said things like that with people I don’t know very well but people I’m familiar with should know better. Maybe I’m holding them in too high regard because I do know them? Anyway, 20+ years of this shit (albeit spread out over the decades) is enough. Once is enough really.

I do remember being f***ed off several years ago by an acquaintance when she gave me the, “You’re already 40 and you don’t have any kids. Why don’t you like children?” rubbish. I bombarded the hell out of her with rapid fire statements that grew into absolute nonsense:

“You don’t have a dog. Why don’t you like dogs? You don’t have any cats. Why don’t you like cats? You don’t have any turtles. Why don’t you like turtles? You don’t have any silverback mountain gorillas. Why don’t you like silverback mountain gorillas?” I think I even tossed in a duck-billed platypus in there.

f**k these people.

I’m the same here. For now, I’ll stick to being an uncle.

As far as this thread goes, if I have to hear that stupid Kars for kids jingle on SiriusXM one more time...

tenor.gif

• Like 2

I tell you what, JohnnyBlaze, I'm in a generous mood, and my kids are driving me crazy, so I'll loan them to you for a little while. Now, they're pretty old (16, 18, 21) so they don't need too much maintenance and are already housebroken. You can try to reason with them, try to keep them from killing each other, and try to ignore most of what they're watching on Tik Tok for a couple of weeks and then send them back (not to me though! I'll include my parents' address).

This way, if somebody asks you about kids, you can say "No thanks, I've already had kids for a while; it didn't work out." That's sure to be a topic killer, so then you're off the hook! It's a win-win.

I've already got the holes drilled in the box, so just say the word, and I'll pay for the third class shipping.

• Like 1

I tell you what, JohnnyBlaze, I'm in a generous mood, and my kids are driving me crazy, so I'll loan them to you for a little while. Now, they're pretty old (16, 18, 21) so they don't need too much maintenance and are already housebroken. You can try to reason with them, try to keep them from killing each other, and try to ignore most of what they're watching on Tik Tok for a couple of weeks and then send them back (not to me though! I'll include my parents' address).

This way, if somebody asks you about kids, you can say "No thanks, I've already had kids for a while; it didn't work out." That's sure to be a topic killer, so then you're off the hook! It's a win-win.

I've already got the holes drilled in the box, so just say the word, and I'll pay for the third class shipping.

:LOL:

Nah. I'd rather use your box but with just a single hole and ship these idiots to the middle of the Amazon.

• Like 1

And I see more entitled idiots protesting Huntington Beach again. Used to go there as a kid with my dad, uncle and cousins. Haven’t been there in 14 years. You wonder why I’ve moved on to Santa Monica and Venice. Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Nah. I'd rather use your box but with just a single hole and ship these idiots to the middle of the Amazon.

Kids are like housing. If you don't want all the maintenance, don't buy and just rent them.

Your answer to the kids question should be: because I don't want to be a dysfunctional parent.

When people say kids will change your life, it's true. And there's two sides to that coin.

I was late to the game and didn't start collecting wives and kids until I was 32. It ran the entire range of emotions from joy/happiness/pride to loathing. For the longest time I thought I'd never be a parent because it just wasn't something that I felt I needed. So while my kids are young adults and doing well on their own, I often think of how I could easily be retired by now if I didn't indulge in my human collection habit.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

What does piss me off is the handful of people over the years who've told me that I need kids to be happy and that my life isn't complete without them.

Not only that you're not happy and that your life is incomplete, but also that you don't know anything....about anything.

I'm 58 years old, I have three college degrees and over 40 years in the working world, and people.....DUMB people.....can not/will not see me as an adult. All because I am single with no children. Relatives, friends & acquaintances, neighbors, co-workers ... I get it from every angle.

Over the years, I've refrained from taking a baseball bat to certain nincompoops, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 3

What does piss me off is the handful of people over the years who've told me that I need kids to be happy and that my life isn't complete without them.

Not only that you're not happy and that your life is incomplete, but also that you don't know anything....about anything.

I'm 58 years old, I have three college degrees and over 40 years in the working world, and people.....DUMB people.....can not/will not see me as an adult. All because I am single with no children. Relatives, friends & acquaintances, neighbors, co-workers ... I get it from every angle.

Over the years, I've refrained from taking a baseball bat to certain nincompoops, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Kids are like housing. If you don't want all the maintenance, don't buy and just rent them.

Your answer to the kids question should be: because I don't want to be a dysfunctional parent.

When people say kids will change your life, it's true. And there's two sides to that coin.

I was late to the game and didn't start collecting wives and kids until I was 32. It ran the entire range of emotions from joy/happiness/pride to loathing. For the longest time I thought I'd never be a parent because it just wasn't something that I felt I needed. So while my kids are young adults and doing well on their own, I often think of how I could easily be retired by now if I didn't indulge in my human collection habit.

Mrs. B and I were much later to the marriage game as we were in our 40s. But at no point in my life did I ever think “Gee, i really want kids some day.”

I’ve run into several people who pressed me with why I didn’t want kids with the reason,”You’re a good teacher and kids like you. Why not?” I’ve told them thanks but that having kids who like you as a teacher and being a parent aren’t the same thing. Teaching in a school Monday to Friday with the option to quit at any point couldn’t possibly be the same as the lifelong “job” of being a parent. Why the f**k don’t these people grasp that?!

And then there have been the family friends who’ve seen me playing with my crazy little nephews and nieces. They go with the “Kids are great, aren’t they? When will you get some of your own?” Now these f***s are a different kind of annoying because they can’t appreciate the experience for what it is: family members (nephews & nieces with their uncle) enjoying each other’s company.

• Like 3

http:// https://www.dailybulletin.com/2020/05/03/hundreds-protest-coronavirus-lockdown-in-rancho-cucamonga/

This is personal to me. I live just west of it, went back to college and currently work in that city. Thanks for making it less safe for me and my work friends and associates to go to work you forking a$$hole Karen POSes! Everyone there can go straight to hell. Inland Empire has always been an armpit of SoCal but this is a new low. And you wonder why I rarely go around that area anymore.

tenor.gif

Edited by invisible airwave

My "connection" ran out of Coke Classic Kosher for Passover. I'm down to 2/3's of a 2 liter bottle until next year. Edited by pjbear05

Mrs. B and I were much later to the marriage game as we were in our 40s. But at no point in my life did I ever think “Gee, i really want kids some day.”

I’ve run into several people who pressed me with why I didn’t want kids with the reason,”You’re a good teacher and kids like you. Why not?” I’ve told them thanks but that having kids who like you as a teacher and being a parent aren’t the same thing. Teaching in a school Monday to Friday with the option to quit at any point couldn’t possibly be the same as the lifelong “job” of being a parent. Why the f**k don’t these people grasp that?!

And then there have been the family friends who’ve seen me playing with my crazy little nephews and nieces. They go with the “Kids are great, aren’t they? When will you get some of your own?” Now these f***s are a different kind of annoying because they can’t appreciate the experience for what it is: family members (nephews & nieces with their uncle) enjoying each other’s company.

Just be like me and tell them "I don't want kids because I'm a selfish c***...now f**k off"

If that doesn't work then I tell them the real reason which is i have a nasty mental health disorder which is hereditary and couldn't forgive myself if I knowingly passed that on to my child...makes them feel about 2 feet tall and they never bother me again :-)

Just be like me and tell them "I don't want kids because I'm a selfish c***...now f**k off"

If that doesn't work then I tell them the real reason which is i have a nasty mental health disorder which is hereditary and couldn't forgive myself if I knowingly passed that on to my child...makes them feel about 2 feet tall and they never bother me again :-)

tbh, that’s not bad advice

http:// https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/09/simi-valley-store-signs-coronavirus-no-masks-allowed-hugs-welcome/

My half cousin lives in the area so it’s personal. More Darwinist punks. Not surprised since its basically armpit of Ventura County. Lot of meth dealers there from what I’ve heard. Stay safe cousin Gena.

E0Sjpmo.jpg

This is a freaking block north of me on the street I live on and Route 66. Thankfully, not as much as Cucamonga last week at Victoria Gardens on 66 and Day Creek but still. Wouldn’t surprise me if they lived in the north 91784 area compared to the 86 zip code. Bowie knew what he was talking about in regards to his fear of “Americans.”

Karens like those in the photo are why I miss where I grew up nearby, Claremont, so much. San Berdu is just as dumb as the OC. Stay safe, Paulette.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, the only online newspaper that I read with any regularity, has adopted a USA Today-style format.

No more commenting forums.

They won't be getting $10.00 a month from me anymore! :no:

• Like 1

%20https%3A//imgur.com/E0Sjpmo.jpg

This is a freaking block north of me on the street I live on and Route 66. Thankfully, not as much as Cucamonga last week at Victoria Gardens on 66 and Day Creek but still. Wouldn’t surprise me if they lived in the north 91784 area compared to the 86 zip code. Bowie knew what he was talking about in regards to his fear of “Americans.”

Karens like those in the photo are why I miss where I grew up nearby, Claremont, so much. San Berdu is just as dumb as the OC. Stay safe, Paulette.

I feel bad for ya to have Karens there Edited by _hi_water._

http:// https://www.pe.com/2020/06/29/black-lives-matter-rally-in-norco-met-by-counter-protest/

22 minute 10 and 15 freeway drive southeast of me. Further proves what an armpit the inland has been to SoCal. Where is Aldo Raine when you need him? Let’s start with that SS symbol wearing nazi punk. Jello Biafra is right. They can F off as well as the sheriffs for not arresting them.

2uxTQiQ.jpg

https://www.pe.com/2020/06/29/black-lives-matter-rally-in-norco-met-by-counter-protest/

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp1N16Jb3Rc[/media]

22 minute 10 and 15 freeway drive southeast of me. Further proves what an armpit the inland has been to SoCal. Where is Aldo Raine when you need him? Let’s start with that SS symbol wearing nazi punk. Jello Biafra is right. They can F off as well as the sheriffs for not arresting them.

%20https%3A//imgur.com/2uxTQiQ.jpg

:facepalm: boi

Fireworks...

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!

Even as a kid I found that they lost their mild amusement after 5 minutes. Yet so many knucklehead adults seem to enjoy the repetitiveness. Hey man, screw you if my fireworks gives your dog a heart attack.

BOOM!!!!

AHHHH I LOST TWO OF MY FINGERS!!!

That's ok, you weren't smart enough to count past 8 anyway.

Firework accidents...natures way of spreading kharma for disrupting the small amount of peace and quiet in the universe. I do enjoy reading about fireworks accidents in the 'stupid people' section of the news.

• Like 2

https://www.pe.com/2020/06/29/black-lives-matter-rally-in-norco-met-by-counter-protest/

https://www.pe.com/2...ounter-protest/

:facepalm: boi

That looks like the guy who pumped out my septic tank. Note to self: shop around for septic service next year.

• Like 2

I ordered a CD from Ebay... it said it was in good condition

I played it... and... it skipped a lot.

I got scammed by someone two days in a row.

RAWRRRR :banghead: :banghead:

I ordered a CD from Ebay... it said it was in good condition

I played it... and... it skipped a lot.

I got scammed by someone two days in a row.

RAWRRRR :banghead: :banghead:

That's on you for buying a used CD online.