What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Woke up this morning and it's 59°F, with the probability of lower temps tonight. Thank God for portable electric heaters.

And you have to be alert for falling frozen iguanas: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/fl-ne-falling-iguanas-20200121-r5etdtenpvbjpgb4g72wzxcxba-story.html

• Like 1

Woke up this morning and it's 59°F, with the probability of lower temps tonight. Thank God for portable electric heaters.

And you have to be alert for falling frozen iguanas: https://www.sun-sent...cxba-story.html

Saw that story early this morning, ha ha. Was outside half and hour ago setting out the trash for pickup. It was 54 degrees then, so we should be to the 40's when I'm up at 7:30. I'll warrant Rocky will probably last less than 5 minutes before he's barking to be let back inside in the a.m.

Edit: 46° this morning. Rocky lasted 2 minutes.

Edited by pjbear05

Living at home is great when you don’t want to pay rent. (Except I do, about $400, FFS), but not so great if you don’t want to do five people’s dishes after coming home late from work. So I kinda half-assed it, and stupid stepmother is on my tail about it. I’m an adult, and I do it 95% of the time. :rage: Edited by Disk98

not gonna lie

..i was NOT a happy camper today

was playing poker with some friends, low stake bets, nothing crazy. had terrible luck (or maybe i just suck at poker) and i don't mind losing a few andrew jacksons, but the bros were totally taunting me throughout it and i just kinda snapped.

bitch slapped paul in the face. f**k you paul!!! not so funny now is it?

anyway, i'm looking forward to playing with them again next week, but kent told me we might be skipping next week.

not gonna lie

..i was NOT a happy camper today

was playing poker with some friends, low stake bets, nothing crazy. had terrible luck (or maybe i just suck at poker) and i don't mind losing a few andrew jacksons, but the bros were totally taunting me throughout it and i just kinda snapped.

bitch slapped paul in the face. f**k you paul!!! not so funny now is it?

anyway, i'm looking forward to playing with them again next week, but kent told me we might be skipping next week.

Somehow, Mr. Not, you do not strike me at all as a poker player.

• Like 1

I usually don't get to caught up in the drama surrounding the Grammys but tonight ticked me off. Lizzo and H.E.R. were robbed by Billie Ellish. :rage: :ranton: Seriously, she won Best New Artist, Album of the Year (for “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?”), Record of the Year or Song of the Year (both for “Bad Guy”).

If she is the future of music then it looks pretty bad. Can't sing her way out of a bucket IMHO. Lizzo at least got a couple of awards but H.E.R was shut out completely. That gal can sing like Alicia Keys, play piano and rock a mean guitar...WTH :smash: I saw her last year in a performance with Sting and she killed it.

ok :rantoff: :LOL: guess I feel better now.

• Like 1

I usually don't get to caught up in the drama surrounding the Grammys but tonight ticked me off. Lizzo and H.E.R. were robbed by Billie Ellish. :rage: :ranton: Seriously, she won Best New Artist, Album of the Year (for “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?”), Record of the Year or Song of the Year (both for “Bad Guy”).

If she is the future of music then it looks pretty bad. Can't sing her way out of a bucket IMHO. Lizzo at least got a couple of awards but H.E.R was shut out completely. That gal can sing like Alicia Keys, play piano and rock a mean guitar...WTH :smash: I saw her last year in a performance with Sting and she killed it.

Yes, I agree! Lizzo can sing well and I thought she would get at least one of those awards. I don't really get Billie Eilish. At least there is consolation with remembering all the good artists the Grammys have neglected over the years!

• Like 2

It’s snobbery, pure and simple. Those that cast their votes for Eilish think doing so makes them look erudite and discerning and arty-farty. As if anyone gives half a shit about them.

• Like 1

Even without the loss of Peart, this is the shittiest January I’ve had in nearly 20 years. Too many anger-inducing, frustrating things hitting every few days. And I can’t even write them off as accidents. 2020 wants to give me an ulcer.

:hug2: It sounds like 2020 has nowhere to go but up! I hope February is better for you!

• Like 1

Even without the loss of Peart, this is the shittiest January I’ve had in nearly 20 years. Too many anger-inducing, frustrating things hitting every few days. And I can’t even write them off as accidents. 2020 wants to give me an ulcer.

Tell me about it. :(

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Tell me about it. :(

I appreciate that Lorraine but it’s okay. I’m a pretty good listener but opening up about my own issues has never been something I do very well. And that’s with anyone. Come to think of it, I haven’t posted in here in ages about being really pissed off about a real issue

My little brother’s preschool lost his vaccination papers. So my folks tried to send another copy via e-mail and were told that not only could they not accept the file by e-mail, but that the only way for the kid to go back to his preschool was to get vaccinated AGAIN. Four shots later, and here he is the next day with a fever and a sore arm because someone doesn’t know how to handle documents.

Nothing against vaccinations, by the way, I just hate that my brother had to be punished because his school can’t get its sh*t together.

Edited by Disk98

It’s snobbery, pure and simple. Those that cast their votes for Eilish think doing so makes them look erudite and discerning and arty-farty. As if anyone gives half a shit about them.

Quoting myself here, because I discovered today that Billie Eilish is the singer whose songs I always change the station for (I am a little behind the pop culture curve).

Every time I heard snippets of her music, my thought was always, "she sounds like she's dead, whoever she is". Now I know.

• Like 1

Quoting myself here, because I discovered today that Billie Eilish is the singer whose songs I always change the station for (I am a little behind the pop culture curve).

Every time I heard snippets of her music, my thought was always, "she sounds like she's dead, whoever she is". Now I know.

Out of curiosity, I went to YouTube and clicked on a few of her songs.

My GAWD.....what utter garbage. Nearly unintelligible mumbling and babbling....

• Like 2

People who take advantage of the unstaffed hours at the gym (you scan your card to unlock the door) to bring their small children in with them. Two kids, elementary school age, climbing all over everything, scattering dumbbells everywhere, and making enough noise to be heard above my headphones. It's a gym, not Romper Room.

There is one guy who routinely brings his young son in, but that child sits quietly either reading or playing on his phone. Technically against policy but I have no problem with well-behaved kids.

Technically against policy but I have no problem with well-behaved kids.

Well-behaved children are such a wonderful thing. I'd rather hang out with them than with most adults I know!

Technically against policy but I have no problem with well-behaved kids.

Well-behaved children are such a wonderful thing. I'd rather hang out with them than with most adults I know!

By the time they're about 8 or 9 and into video games and toilet humor - I am right there with them!

Just found out that mice have invaded my work/tool shed. Droppings everywhere, bags of grass seed have been plundered!

:rage: :rage:

Just found out that mice have invaded my work/tool shed. Droppings everywhere, bags of grass seed have been plundered!

fumigate it.GNo5Obt.gif

fumigate it.

Maybe! I have some poison fake worms (for moles). They may or may not work. I'm gonna sweep out the entire shed tomorrow. The varmints don't have long to live!!

• Like 1

fumigate it.

Maybe! I have some poison fake worms (for moles). They may or may not work. I'm gonna sweep out the entire shed tomorrow. The varmints don't have long to live!!

Wear a mask - you do NOT want to risk exposure to hantavirus, which is harbored in rodent poo. Preferably one of those P45 masks, but at least wear a surgical mask.

• Like 5

fumigate it.

Wear a mask - you do NOT want to risk exposure to hantavirus, which is harbored in rodent poo. Preferably one of those P45 masks, but at least wear a surgical mask.

Good advice!

zgyCwCx.jpg

US Postal sucks 100 kinds of ass.

I'm doing a swap with someone from a FB group - each party is responsible for paying postage on their end. It's nail polish, so roughly a 3-4 oz package. I have the padded envelopes and it is perfectly legal to ship polish through the mail in the US.

But....since there's no Paypal transaction, I logged onto USPS to get my shipment ready. Except they only offer priority shipping services online, no first class. This is NAIL POLISH, hardly an emergency. So now I have to go to the goddamn brick and mortar location, which is in Bumfuck, Back of Beyond. I'm not filling out any damn forms either; I don't work for the post office and they can pay for my inconvenience by doing all the work they get taxpayer money to do.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 1