What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

iven everything that's happened in our fanbase, I think we can all agree that this woman is a complete scumbag for what she did.

DW: In a nutshell, a woman on Dr. Phil lied about having terminal cancer to get attention and free things.

• Like 1

Primary progressive Multiple Sclerosis. Not sure if it makes me mad or sad, but I’ve gone from “normal” to literally helpless in 4 years time. I even need help getting dressed.

I’m just tired. Ready to be done.

Primary progressive Multiple Sclerosis. Not sure if it makes me mad or sad, but I’ve gone from “normal” to literally helpless in 4 years time. I even need help getting dressed.

I'm so sorry, JD, to hear this. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who feels helpless to help you.

:hug2:

• Like 2

iven everything that's happened in our fanbase, I think we can all agree that this woman is a complete scumbag for what she did.

DW: In a nutshell, a woman on Dr. Phil lied about having terminal cancer to get attention and free things.

Only an amoral person bereft of a conscience could or would do something like that.

• Like 2

I'm So sorry to hear this, JD. My positive thoughts are flooding to you.

RpClKD3.gif

• Like 2

So sorry to hear that. I'm thinking of your good qualities and hoping and praying for you.

• Like 2

It wasn't today but last week: I had to give an award to a former co-worker I absolutely loathed. I plastered a smile on my face, but on the inside I was screaming "if only you lot knew what a pathological bastard this guy really was!"

It snowed and I can't go skiing. :(

Am I missing something here? Granted, I haven't skied in forever (since getting a concussion on my second trip skiing), but isn't snow one of the essential elements of a successful ski venture? I think that's why there aren't any ski resorts in the Bahamas. (And here you all were thinking it was the hurricanes).

As for me - I've added another thing to my Shovel List. (The Shovel List, for those unfamiliar, is a list of things I hate so much I want to hit them repeatedly with a shovel until they cease to exist. The Shovel List is fluid; it can change daily or even hourly depending on my mood. I borrowed the term from an author whose main character was a spicy, sarcastic chick with a lengthy Shovel List herself).

New Shovel List item: "Self-care". I am way past done reading sappy references, hearing sound bites, etc., to this insipid new-agey concept.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 2

What's pissing me off? Noisy neighbors since I live in an apartment complex. Weird because it's not even anyone in my actual buidling(next to me but the walls are quite thin apparently). About two to three times a week and sometimes more but especially on weekends it seems I hear this banging as if they are moving stuff around. Last night however, they did that plus were apparently watching tv for a couple of hours or so until a little after 3:00 am. The noise(banging)usually starts around 11:30 pm and sometimes goes past 1:00 and even later. I have told the office but they don't want to kick anyone out for fear of not having rent money I guess. Today I complained again and they told me to put it in writing. I could bang back but they won't get it and will probably just get angry. I turned on my clock radio to see if they would get the hint but that didn't work. Crazy. I can't wait to get out of this place.

What's pissing me off? Noisy neighbors since I live in an apartment complex. Weird because it's not even anyone in my actual buidling(next to me but the walls are quite thin apparently). About two to three times a week and sometimes more but especially on weekends it seems I hear this banging as if they are moving stuff around. Last night however, they did that plus were apparently watching tv for a couple of hours or so until a little after 3:00 am. The noise(banging)usually starts around 11:30 pm and sometimes goes past 1:00 and even later. I have told the office but they don't want to kick anyone out for fear of not having rent money I guess. Today I complained again and they told me to put it in writing. I could bang back but they won't get it and will probably just get angry. I turned on my clock radio to see if they would get the hint but that didn't work. Crazy. I can't wait to get out of this place.

Call the police. Call them every night if necessary. They can issue citations for disturbing the peace, which is exactly what the jerks are doing.

• Like 1

Am I missing something here? Granted, I haven't skied in forever (since getting a concussion on my second trip skiing), but isn't snow one of the essential elements of a successful ski venture? I think that's why there aren't any ski resorts in the Bahamas. (And here you all were thinking it was the hurricanes).

As for me - I've added another thing to my Shovel List. (The Shovel List, for those unfamiliar, is a list of things I hate so much I want to hit them repeatedly with a shovel until they cease to exist. The Shovel List is fluid; it can change daily or even hourly depending on my mood. I borrowed the term from an author whose main character was a spicy, sarcastic chick with a lengthy Shovel List herself).

New Shovel List item: "Self-care". I am way past done reading sappy references, hearing sound bites, etc., to this insipid new-agey concept.

shovel list. That’s a good one.

• Like 1

Shovel lists are sanity savers! You can put people, things, words, phrases....anything you dislike on the shovel list. Then imagine actually beating those things to a pulp with a shovel.

• Like 1

Shovel lists are sanity savers! You can put people, things, words, phrases....anything you dislike on the shovel list. Then imagine actually beating those things to a pulp with a shovel.

That is somewhat gratifying. Thanks for the tip.

:ebert:

I am also fond of saying I don't believe in stuff I don't like. Vegetables? I don't believe in them. Purchase order requests? Vacuum cleaners? Rain hats? Ditto.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 1

I am also fond of saying I don't believe in stuff I don't like. Vegetables? I don't believe in them. Purchase order requests? Vacuum cleaners? Rain hats? Ditto.

Yet another excellent concept. I never cared for rain hats myself.

Call the police. Call them every night if necessary. They can issue citations for disturbing the peace, which is exactly what the jerks are doing.

I don't need bullets in my car or knifed tires though. People around here probably believe in retaliation.

After a second student losing their father just a week ago, today I learn that a long time friend lost his son two days a go to a snowmobile accident...days just before what would have been his 21st birthday.

Sometimes the fragility of life is just infuriating.

• Like 1

Okay, so I get a half hour for lunch at work.

Can’t drive, so I use UberEats because it delivers super fast in a pinch. I just ordered from a certain golden-arched fast food chain literally a quarter mile away (I tip generously for such a short drive) and clock out for lunch. 15 minutes later, the app notified me that my food is delivered. Except…I don’t have it. So I called UberEats support and got hung up on twice before even speaking to a person. Finally, someone answers and tells me that I’ll be refunded…in 3-5 business days! Now my lunch break is over, I’m out the money (for now, at least), and I haven’t eaten all day! :boohoo: :rage: :bang bang: :sigh:

Okay, so I get a half hour for lunch at work.

Can’t drive, so I use UberEats because it delivers super fast in a pinch. I just ordered from a certain golden-arched fast food chain literally a quarter mile away (I tip generously for such a short drive) and clock out for lunch. 15 minutes later, the app notified me that my food is delivered. Except…I don’t have it. So I called UberEats support and got hung up on twice before even speaking to a person. Finally, someone answers and tells me that I’ll be refunded…in 3-5 business days! Now my lunch break is over, I’m out the money (for now, at least), and I haven’t eaten all day! :boohoo: :rage: :bang bang: :sigh:

Aargh, I used to hate being stuck at work with no lunch!