What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I always feel like my opinions aren't valued here or I'm being ignored because of my gender. It's hard to be a female at a Rush forum. It really is. The reason I always bring up old threads is because no one will reply to my new ones because I'm a girl.

C'mon Boots, that is not true ..

I've seen you ignore Blaze's responses and this is from yesterday, with you ignoring me

True Stories

1. I witnessed a woman jumping to her death in front of a train.

Boots, that's terrible, I am sorry

If you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you witnessed this ?? .. and did you know her ??

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/103673-the-things-i-will-never-understand-thread/page__st__80#entry4377888

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Can't find my bike helmet. I can't get out on my road bike until I have a helmet, and I can't afford one at the moment.

You should tie a pillow to your head. Yeah it will look goofy but at least you'll have some cushioning in case something happens.

• Like 2

This didn't piss me off, but it made me very sad. I cant imagine how the mother and father must feel.

Little Charlie Gard is going to be allowed to die. The treatment they were going to bring him here to the USA for has such a slim chance of success and his muscles are already atrophied and the treatment won't reverse the severe damage.

http://www.lifenews.com/2017/07/24/charlie-gards-parents-end-their-fight-to-save-his-life-say-its-too-late-for-experimental-treatment/

Okay. Time for a rant.

I'm sick and tired of this "Fuck you, I got mine." attitude that older fans of rock and metal have twoards younger fans. Every time I see an announcement about a band retiring or retiring soon, whether it be Rush, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Saga, or any other band that announced a final tour, whenever someone speaks out against the band's decision to retire, they get instantly berated by the older fans of that respective band, get called selfish, entitled etc. "(insert retired band here) dosen't owe you shit" and it just goes on and on.

But what really bothers me is when these older fans follow it up with "Well I'm satisfied because I got to see Rush over fifteen times!" Well whoop de fucking doo for you. What about the young kid that just discovered Rush, loves them, wants to see them live, but will never get to see them live because they broke up? "Oh well, too bad, sucks for you." Like this new crop of Rush fans don't count because they never got to see them live. "Yeah, well, your parents should have had you earlier."

Anyway, that's all I have to say.

• Like 1

Okay. Time for a rant.

I'm sick and tired of this "Fuck you, I got mine." attitude that older fans of rock and metal have twoards younger fans. Every time I see an announcement about a band retiring or retiring soon, whether it be Rush, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Saga, or any other band that announced a final tour, whenever someone speaks out against the band's decision to retire, they get instantly berated by the older fans of that respective band, get called selfish, entitled etc. "(insert retired band here) dosen't owe you shit" and it just goes on and on.

But what really bothers me is when these older fans follow it up with "Well I'm satisfied because I got to see Rush over fifteen times!" Well whoop de fucking doo for you. What about the young kid that just discovered Rush, loves them, wants to see them live, but will never get to see them live because they broke up? "Oh well, too bad, sucks for you." Like this new crop of Rush fans don't count because they never got to see them live. "Yeah, well, your parents should have had you earlier."

You say this every day and I haven't a clue why

• Like 3

Okay. Time for a rant.

Oh, but that all of life's issues were this grim and terrifying...

• Like 4

Okay. Time for a rant.

You say this every day and I haven't a clue why

Didn't he just apologize for something?

Now this?

I give up.

Fraroc, when are you going to learn before it's too late that life is too short to waste your precious time fretting about insignificant crap like this?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

Okay. Time for a rant.

Anyone who thinks like you suggest, is a complete ASSWIPE. And unless you proceed to find each of these people, and kill them, there is literally NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO CHANGE THEM.

http://i.imgur.com/zrIFPd1.gif?1

Okay. Time for a rant.

Didn't have any new delusions to bitch about so you decided to bring back one of the classics, huh?

• Like 5

Okay. Time for a rant.

Didn't have any new delusions to bitch about so you decided to bring back one of the classics, huh?

I thought it sounded very familiar.

Okay. Time for a rant.

I like the classics...

Waiting for fraroc to post

To cry the board away

Waiting for the baby's tear

To cast its wet your way

Countless days

It's every day

And turn the board around

Waiting for his ranting and

The bullshit I have found

Looking for

An open sore

You don't get crying for nothing

You don't get shrieking for free

You won't get joy

With the tears still on you boy

No matter what your days might be

Where you cry is your own kingdom

How you cry is your own glory

When you cry is your own hour

What you cry is your own story

In your eyes are the answers

Let them flow you along

Let your sobs be like rivers

And the dread of your own wrong

Great song, great album. I'm going to go cry now.

• Like 4

Okay. Time for a rant.

I like the classics...

To cry the board away

To cast its wet your way

Countless days

It's every day

Looking for

An open sore

You won't get joy

Let them flow you along

No offence, but the SpaghettiLee song is way better.

Anyway...I guess I should have provided some kind of context behind my rant. Under normal circumstances, I would have left it alone, I wouldn't have felt the need to rant about it once more, but today something happened that just made me had to release my frustration in one way.

Basically, I had gotten into an argument with somebody over the topic of tribute bands. I told this person about an Iron Maiden tribute band that I enjoy seeing when they play a venue near me and he basically scoffed at me and told me that it's really embarrassing and lame to enjoy an "imitation" of a band. And I responded with "well, what about the Beatles or Led Zeppelin? They're not around anymore! If someone wanted to see either one of those bands live, a tribute act is going to be the best they're gonna get."

I thought he going to come around after I said that, but nope.

His whole reasoning behind it was that he believes that tribute bands are a form of thievery in the sense that they steal from the bands they perform from and they steal gigs away from original bands. I personally think that's bullshit because even though I see a lot of tribute acts playing where I live, there are also a good amount of new original bands too.

Edited by fraroc

Okay. Time for a rant.

I like the classics...

To cry the board away

To cast its wet your way

Countless days

It's every day

Looking for

An open sore

You won't get joy

Let them flow you along

Anyway...I guess I should have provided some kind of context behind my rant. Under normal circumstances, I would have left it alone, I wouldn't have felt the need to rant about it once more, but today something happened that just made me had to release my frustration in one way.

Basically, I had gotten into an argument with somebody over the topic of tribute bands. I told this person about an Iron Maiden tribute band that I enjoy seeing when they play a venue near me and he basically scoffed at me and told me that it's really embarrassing and lame to enjoy an "imitation" of a band. And I responded with "well, what about the Beatles or Led Zeppelin? They're not around anymore! If someone wanted to see either one of those bands live, a tribute act is going to be the best they're gonna get."

His whole reasoning behind it was that he believes that tribute bands are a form of thievery in the sense that they steal from the bands they perform from and they steal gigs away from original bands. I personally think that's bullshit because even though I see a lot of tribute acts playing where I live, there are also a good amount of new original bands too.

"No offense"? Bullshit. You don't care if I'm offended. (I'm not btw). You should be thanking me for that homage anyway.

You care and cry too much about what strangers say about things you like.

I saw a Rush tribute act before. Some songs they did were good, others weren't so good. But what someone says about that particular experience has no bearing on what I experienced.

I like comic books and some superhero movies. Some hate them and think they're stupid junk. So what?

I love tennis, playing and watching. I always have. Some say it's boring. So what?

• Like 2

Okay. Time for a rant.

I like the classics...

To cry the board away

To cast its wet your way

Countless days

It's every day

Looking for

An open sore

You won't get joy

Let them flow you along

Sounds like he is in an original band! ;) It's great to go see tribute bands if you enjoy them but I wouldn't expect to convert someone who is set against them. I grew up in the 70's and even when the real bands were around, for some reason everyone in Pittsburgh loved going to see this Led Zepp tribute band called The White. (I guess they were very talented?)

I think they have their place as far as making the music heard live again and helping keep the music alive for new/younger fans. The best ones are made up of talented musicians who bring their own talents and can merge the with the tribute artists so that it's a very enjoyable performance. I haven't been to many just because, but last New Years' Eve we saw a really kickass John Denver at First Night. :LOL: He was an excellent musician and it was also fascinating to contemplate- at what point do you decide to abandon your own career and take up John Denver's?

Okay. Time for a rant.

I like the classics...

To cry the board away

To cast its wet your way

Countless days

It's every day

Looking for

An open sore

You won't get joy

Let them flow you along

So fraroc, you cannot appreciate JBs song because it reminded you of a former poster here ??

Yet you can go watch Tom, Dick & Harry pretend to be Rush and enjoy it ??

No offense, but Geddy, Alex and Neil are way better

• Like 2

Okay. Time for a rant.

I like the classics...

To cry the board away

To cast its wet your way

Countless days

It's every day

Looking for

An open sore

You won't get joy

Let them flow you along

So fraroc, you cannot appreciate JBs song because it reminded you of a former poster here ??

I actually though SpaghettiLee was hilarious. He was an asshole, most definitely, but he was still a very entertaining poster.

Edited by fraroc

Okay. Time for a rant.

I like the classics...

To cry the board away

To cast its wet your way

Countless days

It's every day

Looking for

An open sore

You won't get joy

Let them flow you along

Heh, heh, you said Harry. :)
  • Like 2

Lazy people at work.

They think they're taking advantage of the system, but they're also taking advantage of their co-workers.

They be scurvy lazy arseholes, says I.

:madra:

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 2