What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

There are too many annoying toxic people at this website. And whatever happened to the chick who started this thread?
  • Like 1

For the third time this year, went through my finances and caught someone adding a tip, or larger tip, to one of my orders. And when it's $2 it's not worth fighting, but it's annoying to watch yourself being openly robbed bit by bit.

I think service employees have just largely decided the risk is small, and worth it, to do that to people.

If anyone reading this is a service employee doing this, f**k you

• Like 1

For the third time this year, went through my finances and caught someone adding a tip, or larger tip, to one of my orders. And when it's $2 it's not worth fighting, but it's annoying to watch yourself being openly robbed bit by bit.

I think service employees have just largely decided the risk is small, and worth it, to do that to people.

Yeah that's some sneaky crap.

There's no tipping whatsoever in this country so no worries in that regard here.

This girl at work just WON’T. SHUT. UP. I’m a very patient person, but it’s getting on my nerves. Every time she sees me, it’s: “Oh, hello. How’re you doing? What time you goin’ home? Oh, I go home at [time]. So how is it today? Ooh, guess what happened over in [insert store location]? Yeah, that’s really weird!” And then she’ll proceed to start a full-on conversation! In the middle of my shift! I try to wrap things up, but she just goes on, and on, and on. And, of course, this happened last night while a manager was walking by my section, so all he saw me doing was talking and not working! I was trying to end the discussion, but she just wouldn’t stop. Doesn’t this girl have work she should be doing? Drives me nuts!

Maybe she's into you? ;)

I should clarify that she’s just like that with everybody. Still, it ticks me off.

And if she is into me, I regret to inform her that the feeling is unreciprocated.

Imagine how much she would talk in an relationship :blink:. She would wear you down before the week was over! The good thing about people who talk a lot is that you can talk less. I tend to start daydreaming, when someone is talking my ear off. If possible then keep moving, get that thousand yard stare going (if you're not already doing that) or maybe have some earbuds in.

Or you can take the hardest but most effective solution, and tell her she talks too much and it's interferring with your work.

Btw, having music in your ears may not work after all. I can't count the times people have bothered me when I have my earbuds in. Shouldn't that be a hint?

Thanks for the tips, TAG. :). But the earbuds definitely won’t work. I saw her yank someone’s out the other day.

I think there’s something going on with her. Like…autistic spectrum, maybe? She doesn’t know when to stop, and she has some sort of impediment that makes her r’s sound like w’s. So, not only is she talking a mile a minute—I can’t understand half of what she’s saying! :laughing guy: But, I don’t know. I almost want to feel sorry for her.

There is definitely something wrong with her. She must be on some kind of spectrum for sure.

There are too many annoying toxic people at this website. And whatever happened to the chick who started this thread?

Write and ask her. Maybe she'll answer and tell you.

And thanks for the compliment.

We try! :cheers:

• Like 2

There's no tipping whatsoever in this country so no worries in that regard here.

I liked Canada's restaurant system where the card never leaves your sight, and the wireless machine is brought to you. Cuts down on multiple types of fraud/theft. I think the US should adopt such a system. You give your card to so many people on a weekly basis, and all they have to do is snap two pictures if they want to make illegitimate charges..

• Like 2

It's common in restaurants in Denmark, when the waiter or waitress comes over with the little machine that takes your card, that the little ATM machine will ask if you want to add a tip. I always press no. Who knows if the employees ever get to see those money, or if it lands in someone else's pocket? I like the places that has a little jar at the counter, and would rather leave a tip in places like that. One other thing is that in Denmark nobody ever tips. I think tourists are the only one.

I liked Canada's restaurant system where the card never leaves your sight, and the wireless machine is brought to you. Cuts down on multiple types of fraud/theft. I think the US should adopt such a system. You give your card to so many people on a weekly basis, and all they have to do is snap two pictures if they want to make illegitimate charges..

That's the way we do it in Denmark too. I listen a lot to Bill Burr's podcast (I highly recommend it) and I know he's not giving away his information. Like if they want to put his data into their system he'll come up with something fake. If they wan't to see some I.D he doesn't hand it over to them, but let's them look at it while he holds it. Many times, he says, they wan't to type in all sort of information about you. I think people have become gotten so used to just give away data about themselves it's ridiculous.

This girl at work just WON’T. SHUT. UP. I’m a very patient person, but it’s getting on my nerves. Every time she sees me, it’s: “Oh, hello. How’re you doing? What time you goin’ home? Oh, I go home at [time]. So how is it today? Ooh, guess what happened over in [insert store location]? Yeah, that’s really weird!” And then she’ll proceed to start a full-on conversation! In the middle of my shift! I try to wrap things up, but she just goes on, and on, and on. And, of course, this happened last night while a manager was walking by my section, so all he saw me doing was talking and not working! I was trying to end the discussion, but she just wouldn’t stop. Doesn’t this girl have work she should be doing? Drives me nuts!

Maybe she's into you? ;)

I should clarify that she’s just like that with everybody. Still, it ticks me off.

And if she is into me, I regret to inform her that the feeling is unreciprocated.

Imagine how much she would talk in an relationship :blink:. She would wear you down before the week was over! The good thing about people who talk a lot is that you can talk less. I tend to start daydreaming, when someone is talking my ear off. If possible then keep moving, get that thousand yard stare going (if you're not already doing that) or maybe have some earbuds in.

Or you can take the hardest but most effective solution, and tell her she talks too much and it's interferring with your work.

Btw, having music in your ears may not work after all. I can't count the times people have bothered me when I have my earbuds in. Shouldn't that be a hint?

Thanks for the tips, TAG. :). But the earbuds definitely won’t work. I saw her yank someone’s out the other day.

I think there’s something going on with her. Like…autistic spectrum, maybe? She doesn’t know when to stop, and she has some sort of impediment that makes her r’s sound like w’s. So, not only is she talking a mile a minute—I can’t understand half of what she’s saying! :laughing guy: But, I don’t know. I almost want to feel sorry for her.

There is definitely something wrong with her. She must be on some kind of spectrum for sure.

Look back a few at post #7148, in particular the second sentence. That dude knows what he's talking about :yes:

I dropped £60 worth of cake today

Oops

• Like 1

I dropped £60 worth of cake today

Oops

At least it wasn't cupcakes . . . . . . (sorry, couldn't resist !)

Haha ikr?!

Yeah it was at work...i turned a corner and the cake just slipped off the tray.

I wasn't even going fast or holding it weird...just one of those days

• Like 3

Quit talking about it. Just get the fu** out of here and go!!!

Do you happen, by any chance, to be referring to your house guests that long ago overstayed their welcome?

Sadly yes. :sarcastic: Plus, they found a dog running loose last night and brought it home. Which is fine. But instead of taking it to the pound. They left it with us and went out of town for the night.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Do you happen, by any chance, to be referring to your house guests that long ago overstayed their welcome?

Sadly yes. :sarcastic: Plus, they find a dog running loose last night and brought it home. Which is fine. But instead of taking it to the pound. They left it with us and went out of town for the night.

Don't you think it's time you had a talk with your girlfriend?

Sadly yes. :sarcastic: Plus, they find a dog running loose last night and brought it home. Which is fine. But instead of taking it to the pound. They left it with us and went out of town for the night.

Don't you think it's time you had a talk with your girlfriend?

Been there done that. I actually slept in the van last night. Just to fu***** loud for me.

• Like 2

ISP has been blocked by Craig'slist...It works now....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Police%20banana%20dancing.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan