What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I was having a good day at work until about 2:15pm and I picked up my iPhone to check something and realized I had no internet (we don't have Wi-Fi at work) and I asked a couple co-workers if they had internet and they said yes so I took a break and went to one of our internet computers on our floor and pulled up my AT&T account and our phone service had been suspended! (My mom and I are on the same plan).

So I called ATT and my old phone account (which was cancelled in Oct. and that's when my mom and I got on the same plan) had a balance on it and I don't remember receiving any letters or phone calls anything like that. So I left work and went to ATT and paid the old balance and got my phone service turned back on. When I got home I called customer service and talked with somebody in collection dept. and she said letters were sent out and it was turned over to collection today, however, I paid it today so it shouldn't hit my credit report. Very frustrating, however, I'm glad I got that old balance paid off!

• Like 1

I was having a good day at work until about 2:15pm and I picked up my iPhone to check something and realized I had no internet (we don't have Wi-Fi at work) and I asked a couple co-workers if they had internet and they said yes so I took a break and went to one of our internet computers on our floor and pulled up my AT&T account and our phone service had been suspended! (My mom and I are on the same plan).

So I called ATT and my old phone account (which was cancelled in Oct. and that's when my mom and I got on the same plan) had a balance on it and I don't remember receiving any letters or phone calls anything like that. So I left work and went to ATT and paid the old balance and got my phone service turned back on. When I got home I called customer service and talked with somebody in collection dept. and she said letters were sent out and it was turned over to collection today, however, I paid it today so it shouldn't hit my credit report. Very frustrating, however, I'm glad I got that old balance paid off!

Oh no! Glad it won't affect your credit! I think anymore, phone and cable companies just do what they want half the time.

• Like 2

Oh no! Glad it won't affect your credit! I think anymore, phone and cable companies just do what they want half the time.

Yes I agree! They say they send out letters and reminders if you have a past due balance but I wonder if they really do....I keep on top of it every month but that was an old account that I thought was paid off!

• Like 1

Traded cars with my daughter last weekend to put some highway miles on hers. Got mine back and the center cup and change holder area are sticky and chocolatey! And the gear shift is sticky! How many Cokes and caramel lattes can a person slosh and spill in one weekend? . :smash:
  • Like 4

Traded cars with my daughter last weekend to put some highway miles on hers. Got mine back and the center cup and change holder area are sticky and chocolatey! And the gear shift is sticky! How many Cokes and caramel lattes can a person slosh and spill in one weekend? . :smash:

If they're in their late teens or twenties, probably about 3 sticky caffeine beverages per hour

• Like 4

If they're in their late teens or twenties, probably about 3 sticky caffeine beverages per hour

Twenties. Sounds about right , I think she spilled 2 out of 3! :o

• Like 1

Had a nasty fall and ate shit walking up a step to my garage this morning. Hurt both knees and elbows badly, and spilled a full coffee on the best shirt I own.

It wasn't fun.

• Like 1

Had a nasty fall and ate shit walking up a step to my garage this morning. Hurt both knees and elbows badly, and spilled a full coffee on the best shirt I own.

It wasn't fun.

Did your butt hurt? :LMAO: I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself, must be the construction worker in me ;) I wish you a speedy recovery buddy :D

• Like 2

I don't drink coffee, it gives me the shakes and diahorrea

Well that escalated quickly haha

• Like 4

No honestly Segue

I don't think I have a very good defence against caffeiine

I am so looking forward to having my nephews over here in one week.

Max the elder can crap for England but poor Charlie has a terrible problem. He does not have a poo for over two weeks. they have given him Movicol and everything

He is a wonderful little Gymnast and gets awards, he is in the class above his age. He is such a lovely little boy, 10 year old now. He is small for his age but so so strong.

I have such a special love for Charlie

He is a lovely bright intelligent little boy but he has lived in the shadow of his big brother Max

I just want to nurture his confidence

As long as he has Lego to play with then he is happy XXXXX

This following post doesn't really have anything to do with politics as it does with just the general hypocrisy of humanity.

It really pains me to see people that grew up in the 1980s and were deeply delved within heavy metal culture and the rebellious side of that culture grow up to become the complete opposite of what they once were. It really annoys the shit out of me when I see these people that were metalhead teens in the 1980s proudly say that they want someone like Ted Fuckface or Dave Mustardstain as president when asked the question "which rock/metal star do you want as president?" To me, its like "If I went back in time to when you were a thrasher and told you what you'd become as an adult, you'd cringe so hard and vow never to become like that."

It really is sad to see Gen Xers slowly but surely becoming like the Boomers....

And I know what you might tell me. "Fraroc, you don't understand. People grow up and their views change." My mom was a teenager in the 80s, she was a metalhead, she didn't grow up to be a fucking bigot.

Edited by fraroc

This following post doesn't really have anything to do with politics as it does with just the general hypocrisy of humanity.

It really pains me to see people that grew up in the 1980s and were deeply delved within heavy metal culture and the rebellious side of that culture grow up to become the complete opposite of what they once were. It really annoys the shit out of me when I see these people that were metalhead teens in the 1980s proudly say that they want someone like Ted Fuckface or Dave Mustardstain as president when asked the question "which rock/metal star do you want as president?" To me, its like "If I went back in time to when you were a thrasher and told you what you'd become as an adult, you'd cringe so hard and vow never to become like that."

It really is sad to see Gen Xers slowly but surely becoming like the Boomers....

And I know what you might tell me. "Fraroc, you don't understand. People grow up and their views change." My mom was a teenager in the 80s, she was a metalhead, she didn't grow up to be a fucking bigot.

Well...I think getting older and having your perspectives change is one thing, and becoming a bigot is quite another. I wouldn't say there's any causal link there at all.

You are still very young, fraroc. If you have the same perspectives even in five or ten years that you have now, I'd be surprised. Just my two cents.

But none of that has anything to do with becoming a bigot. That is something else entirely.

Well...I think getting older and having your perspectives change is one thing, and becoming a bigot is quite another. I wouldn't say there's any causal link there at all.

You are still very young, fraroc. If you have the same perspectives even in five or ten years that you have now, I'd be surprised. Just my two cents.

But none of that has anything to do with becoming a bigot. That is something else entirely.

Well I didn't grow into being a bigot but I'm a Law and Order type guy but civil liberties are also important to me. My view is when we enforce current immigration law and secure the border we can quickly get to work on immigration reform. Reform that makes entry quicker, less cumbersome, less expensive.

I also look back and find I'm not as tolerant of boorish behavior masked as rebellion.

Edited by JohnRogers

:dweez:

Sadly most people fall into the wife, three kids, big house and garage, law and order follow the lead sheep trap.

I think because to survive in this world you end up conforming to it's "norm". It's quite difficult to continue to buck the trend. Tiring when you are a minority. Some get sucked into thinking they can change things from inside the institution. Sadly they mostly get mired in the crap. :codger:

Thank goodness for people like your mom. She reminds us of our lofty ambitions when we were young and to keep trying. :dweez:

Power cuts.

Half way through a shower.

Bbbrrrrrr so cold!

• Like 1

Power cuts.

Half way through a shower.

Bbbrrrrrr so cold!

I HATE when that happens! In fact, I HATE when IDIOTS try to drive big moving vans down our parking lot drive and don't use their EYES to see the height markers for our electrical wires and pull them down with their Moving vans. It's happened twice in the last three years. I'd like to take the idiots out and remove them from the Gene Pool. Oh, and I hate HATERS. Sometimes, in the instances I've told, Hating is vindicated, while when it pertains to a person's body shape, skin color, sexual preferences, gender, religious convictions, musical ability, is, in itself, an instance of 'Neanderthalism' beyond all normalcy. :finbar:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Spy%20banana%20007.gif

I unfortunately had to participate into a really bad quarrel.

Had to fight to make my point worth, had to get impolited otherwise my truthful arguments were going to be swallowed.

I particularly rage when one brings unnecessary past troubles back. :(

I get stressed out when one accuses me of what I haven't said or done.

I'm far from being a problem to anyone hence the blame rejection.

If I'm the opposite of a real fighter, why should I take the blame? -- I didn't start and have proofs of what really happened.

• Like 1

Not what, but who - my brother was really in rare form today, so much that I am ready to sever ties with him. I have been taking his crap my entire life. I have had it!
  • Like 1

Not my Brother, but his wife. She plays him like a well tuned violin. She's the one who threw out my First RUSH T-shirt. Boy is she a BITCH. It's the reason my Bro doesn't see me much. (X-mas for about an hour and a half) I still see his kids 'n' stuff, but as far as he and his Svengali wife? Not so much.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20sword.gif

I still feel lousy 9 days after the start of a nasty run with the flu (after I had the shot, no less.) I went to watch my DVD of Beyond the Lighted Stage and it's missing. Then I had to go out in drizzle with a flashlight because someone put today's paper in the recycling bucket . . . :(

I still feel lousy 9 days after the start of a nasty run with the flu (after I had the shot, no less.) I went to watch my DVD of Beyond the Lighted Stage and it's missing. Then I had to go out in drizzle with a flashlight because someone put today's paper in the recycling bucket . . . :(

:hug2:

• Like 2