What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Expensive pretty shoes that make my toes sore.

There, something lighthearted for a change. ;)

I bought a pair of REDWINGS Work boots once that after a couple weeks hurt my feet also. They were supposed to be the best work boots available, didn't turn out to be for me....so it's a been there Done that in my case! Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya lose...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/skeptical%20banana%20sm.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a pair of REDWINGS Work boots once that after a couple weeks hurt my feet also. They were supposed to be the best work boots available, didn't turn out to be for me....so it's a been there Done that in my case! Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya lose...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/skeptical%20banana%20sm.jpg

"Well, we have...the Cruel Shoes..."

• Like 1

snuck in those Carole King lyrics from the song "Sweet Seasons"...

:banana:

Took the day off work today because of the SuperBowl (due to the time zone kick off being around 8:30am Monday morning).

Had a plan to hang out with a friend all day BUT since the Pats won he nearly cancelled the rest of the afternoon. He was so pissy about their victory that he nearly went home. At the last minute he changed his mind and decided to hang out BUT he stayed pissy because of the Pats win. Talk about sore loser..since he doesn't care too much about the Pats OR Falcons it was hard or understand why he was being such a sore loser. It filtered into different parts of the day. It was pretty crap tbh.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Took the day off work today because of the SuperBowl (due to the time zone kick off being around 8:30am Monday morning).

Had a plan to hang out with a friend all day BUT since the Pats won he nearly cancelled the rest of the afternoon. He was so pissy about their victory that he nearly went home. At the last minute he changed his mind and decided to hang out BUT he stayed pissy because of the Pats win. Talk about sore loser..since he doesn't care too much about the Pats OR Falcons it was hard or understand why he was being such a sore loser. It filtered into different parts of the day. It was pretty crap tbh.

Oh no! The worst. Super Bowl day is supposed to be a relaxed day to hang and eat and talk about the halftime show, not be pissy about it. :(

• Like 1

Oh no! The worst. Super Bowl day is supposed to be a relaxed day to hang and eat and talk about the halftime show, not be pissy about it. :(

Yeah, I didn't and don't really understand why he was so pissy. Right when the Pats won, he immediately put his jacket on and said he was going to go home instead of going to another place for eats and drinks as we had planned. I thought he was joking at first. Then, when I realized he was serious, I asked if he actually were serious. He said, "Yeah, I can't take it. I can't take the Patriots winning." I answered, "It's just a game. Who cares?!"

I'm still shaking my head at it all.

((I've been a Pats fan since their dreadful years in the 80s. But I'm the Pats fan that very rarely talks about football. I was enjoying myself that whole game despite them getting their asses whipped for most of it. I had already thought they were going to lose by halftime but still was enjoying the atmosphere))

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Yeah, I didn't and don't really understand why he was so pissy. Right when the Pats won, he immediately put his jacket on and said he was going to go home instead of going to another place for eats and drinks as we had planned. I thought he was joking at first. Then, when I realized he was serious, I asked if he actually were serious. He said, "Yeah, I can't take it. I can't take the Patriots winning." I answers, "It's just a game. Who cares?!"

((I've been a Pats fan since their dreadful years in the 80s. But I'm the Pats fan that very rarely talks about football. I was enjoying myself that whole game despite them getting their asses whipped for most of it. I had already thought they were going to lose by halftime but still was enjoying the atmosphere))

Wow, it sounds like you had to deal with a real 'sour puss'. I don't understand why people hate the Pats so much. and all the hyperbole about them.... I don't watch NFL anymore...haven't for years. Last time I watched the SuperBowl, was 30 years ago. '87 to be exact. To me, it seems to be much ado about nothing. Sorry you had to put up with that friend's attitude. Seems to me that there was something deeper to it....I'm no psychologist by any means, but I do have enough wits about me to feel when something's not connecting, ya know? Has he straightened out yet?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20tagger.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't and don't really understand why he was so pissy. Right when the Pats won, he immediately put his jacket on and said he was going to go home instead of going to another place for eats and drinks as we had planned. I thought he was joking at first. Then, when I realized he was serious, I asked if he actually were serious. He said, "Yeah, I can't take it. I can't take the Patriots winning." I answers, "It's just a game. Who cares?!"

Wow, it sounds like you had to deal with a real 'sour puss'. I don't understand why people hate the Pats so much. and all the hyperbole about them.... I don't watch NFL anymore...haven't for years. Last time I watched the SuperBowl, was 30 years ago. '87 to be exact. To me, it seems to be much ado about nothing. Sorry you had to put up with that friend's attitude. Seems to me that there was something deeper to it....I'm no psychologist by any means, but I do have enough wits about me to feel when something's not connecting, ya know? Has he straightened out yet?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20tagger.gif

Well, he's a pessimistic dude to begin with so there's that.

In the next bar we went to he was going on about how he "was right" in saying that the Pats were going come back to win it even when they were down 20-whatever points. I told him that he really wasn't predicting anything but just pointing towards the gloomiest situation for him (which was a Pats miracle come from behind win). He didn't like that. :LOL:

So, I said, "Okay. You were right then. The Pats came from behind to win. So what?" He didn't like that either. :LOL:

Finally, I told him, "Look man, I've loved the Pats since I was 6 but it's still just a game. Besides, you're the one bringing up the game. Not me." He didn't like that either. :LOL:

• Like 2

Well, he's a pessimistic dude to begin with so there's that.

In the next bar we went to he was going on about how he "was right" in saying that the Pats were going come back to win it even when they were down 20-whatever points. I told him that he really wasn't predicting anything but just pointing towards the gloomiest situation for him (which was a Pats miracle come from behind win). He didn't like that. :LOL:

So, I said, "Okay. You were right then. The Pats came from behind to win. So what?" He didn't like that either. :LOL:

Finally, I told him, "Look man, I've loved the Pats since I was 6 but it's still just a game. Besides, you're the one bringing up the game. Not me." He didn't like that either. :LOL:

Yes, that old axiom "The truth hurts" IS still true sometimes! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Laughing/laugh3-smiley.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Rasta%20banana%203%20sm.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

I've got a special credit card from a store that sells clothes shoes and accessories.

I was shopping and had it to pay my purchases but... The store blocked my card.

I didn't know about it. My nice purchases were left behind because no one was able to unblock it.

I made questions and no one replied.

And... I was mistreated for something's not my fault.

I'm usually calm and avoid unnecessary discussions. This time I faced two works deeply in the eye and was unhappily speaking. No good at all.

After this one, I left the store... Forever!

I've got a special credit card from a store that sells clothes shoes and accessories.

I didn't know about it. My nice purchases were left behind because no one was able to unblock it.

I'm usually calm and avoid unnecessary discussions. This time I faced two works deeply in the eye and was unhappily speaking. No good at all.

Oh man that sucks!!!

Sorry you went through that

My stepmother. I have a family game that she refuses to play because she insists she doesn't like it (because she watched YouTube videos!). Meanwhile, I've got the whole family enjoying it. It's a change from the all-out nuclear

war that our frequent Monopoly matches bring about.

But that's not all! I helped shovel the driveway because it snowed today (while she did nothing because she "f****ing hate winter"), and she complained that the sidewalk didn't get shoveled. So I offered to do it by myself after dinner, and everything seems fine up until that point. I announced that I was about to go shovel, and she said no because it was dark and freezing, and I have a cold. If you knew I had a cold—which she obviously did—then why did you make me shovel at all?

But it gets worse. I protested (respectfully, of course—along the lines of, "I volunteered, so please let me keep my promise"), and she called me a stubborn a**hole and a d**k. :wtf: Here I am, offering to do you a favor, in sub-freezing weather, in the dark, with a cold, after trying to spend time with my family (you included!) by sharing one of my favorite games, after helping shovel the dtiveway before, while you did nothing, and THAT'S how you treat me?! :facepalm: Why f***ing bother?

Edited by Disk98

Oh man that sucks!!!

Sorry you went through that

The store had no reason to do it. No explanations. It sucks. :/

Thanks for your friendly words.

• Like 1

My stepmother. I have a family game that she refuses to play because she insists she doesn't like it (because she watched YouTube videos!). Meanwhile, I've got the whole family enjoying it. It's a change from the all-out nuclear

But that's not all! I helped shovel the driveway because it snowed today (while she did nothing because she "f****ing hate winter"), and she complained that the sidewalk didn't get shoveled. So I offered to do it by myself after dinner, and everything seems fine up until that point. I announced that I was about to go shovel, and she said no because it was dark and freezing, and I have a cold. If you knew I had a cold—which she obviously did—then why did you make me shovel at all?

But it gets worse. I protested (respectfully, of course—along the lines of, "I volunteered, so please let me keep my promise"), and she called me a stubborn a**hole and a d**k. :wtf: Here I am, offering to do you a favor, in sub-freezing weather, in the dark, with a cold, after trying to spend time with my family (you included!) by sharing one of my favorite games, after helping shovel the dtiveway before, while you did nothing, and THAT'S how you treat me?! :facepalm: Why f***ing bother?

That's sucks too!

I guess "we f***ing bother" in the first place because we think/know that they're nice/the right things to do. Unfortunately, we're sometimes taken for granted

:o

Now that she crossed so many lines with you and her disrespectful actions are added to other not so good actions... It's time to act.

Do you have anyone to support you? To listen and identify what you listen and see happening?

There must ha a way. :huh:

My sincere wishes for better days.