What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/imagerequest.jpg

Finding two of these has turned into the search for buried treasure or something. Just normal pine closet doors. All the family lumber, hardware etc.stores here have gone out of business (we were friends with one) and the big box stores don't carry these! I found them but I think I'm going to have to drive 25 miles away. To a family store. How weird.

Have you tried online yet?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banananinja.gif

• Like 1

About the reading thing, I cannot understand it when people say they don't like to read. It's like saying you don't like to eat. I've been reading since I was three, and I read almost every day (usually for an hour or so before I go to sleep). Fiction, non-fiction, yum yum yum.

As John Waters said, “If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't f**k 'em!"

For some, the mechanical process of decoding letter combinations into words is so much work that it's tough to get pleasure from reading. On top of that, add years of ridicule, and I can see how a person would hate to read.

Only stupid, lazy people ridicule people who read well. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/dunce.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20hit%20by%20hammer.gif

• Like 1

About the reading thing, I cannot understand it when people say they don't like to read. It's like saying you don't like to eat. I've been reading since I was three, and I read almost every day (usually for an hour or so before I go to sleep). Fiction, non-fiction, yum yum yum.

As John Waters said, “If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't f**k 'em!"

For some, the mechanical process of decoding letter combinations into words is so much work that it's tough to get pleasure from reading. On top of that, add years of ridicule, and I can see how a person would hate to read.

The thing is, reading can be done and practiced at home, alone, without anyone else knowing about it, so ridicule can be eliminated. (And for the record, I was not ridiculing, I was simply stating that I don't understand how people can dislike something that brings me so much joy.)

I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU MR,NOT, AND I NEVER WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good idea. Haven't we seen many different photos/portraits of him that turn out not to be the actual guy? A man of mystery might be hard to love. :)

• Like 2

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/imagerequest.jpg

Finding two of these has turned into the search for buried treasure or something. Just normal pine closet doors. All the family lumber, hardware etc.stores here have gone out of business (we were friends with one) and the big box stores don't carry these! I found them but I think I'm going to have to drive 25 miles away. To a family store. How weird.

Have you tried online yet?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banananinja.gif

That's where I found the family store that finally has the normal ones that will match the ones on our other closet. Yay ?! The ones at the big box stores have wider slats, I guess that's the "in" look right now. I'm just glad to find them.

• Like 1

In the house I spent most of my youth in, we had doors like those between the livingroom and the kitchen/den area. Eventually my parents took those down out of convenience a few years after we moved in....[ya can't block the most direct route to the 'frige, ya know!] LOL

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Fancy%20dancing%20Banana%20orange.gif

• Like 1

I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU MR,NOT, AND I NEVER WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good idea. Haven't we seen many different photos/portraits of him that turn out not to be the actual guy? A man of mystery might be hard to love. :)

Not really. Yes we have.

• Like 1

In the house I spent most of my youth in, we had doors like those between the livingroom and the kitchen/den area. Eventually my parents took those down out of convenience a few years after we moved in....[ya can't block the most direct route to the 'frige, ya know!] LOL

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Fancy%20dancing%20Banana%20orange.gif

I should say, there were TWO entrances to the living room. One was just inside the back foyer that the 'back door' opened into, and that was on the right end of the LR. The other went directly into the Kitchen area, and when you used that way, the refrigerator was directly to the left of you Kitchen table directly in front of you. Didn't know why they put that 'other exit' in with DOORS? Seemed extremely inconvenient to me.....

:banana:

• Like 1

This is what pissed me off today.

For the second time in two weeks, the garbage truck ripped out our Comcast cable. Last week, they only ripped the cable away from our home. This week, they really did a number - ripped it off the utility pole and off our home. So bad, that he had to stop and own up to it on account of the fact that the cable tangled itself around his garbage truck. It took a few hours to get someone from Comcast here. The person they sent, while nice and thorough, didn't move very fast. :unsure:

But it's fixed now. :) :ebert: :ebert: :ebert: :hi:

• Like 4

For the second time in two weeks, the garbage truck ripped out our Comcast cable. Last week, they only ripped the cable away from our home. This week, they really did a number - ripped it off the utility pole and off our home. So bad, that he had to stop and own up to it on account of the fact that the cable tangled itself around his garbage truck. It took a few hours to get someone from Comcast here. The person they sent, while nice and thorough, didn't move very fast. :unsure:

Next time request that they bury the cable...at least Comcast did that at my house. It's probably a 30 foot run from the connection box by the street.

They should have at least stapled the line to your house. Not just leave it on the ground.

Wow, this is like the 10th time I have gotten pissed this week.

My mom just yelled at me for cursing at her.

Back in the day. If I had did that she would have whooped my ass big time. :codger: :LOL:

:LOL:

At some point, around age 13 or 14, I received my only proper bitch slap from madre ever. I can't remember what I said to deserve it, but it was something quite bad.

• Like 3

Back in the day. If I had did that she would have whooped my ass big time. :codger: :LOL:

At some point, around age 13 or 14, I received my only proper bitch slap from madre ever. I can't remember what I said to deserve it, but it was something quite bad.

Yeah,

But in the end it helped me out. Never been in jail .I learned my lesson. :D

• Like 1

Good.

That is your mother and that is absolutely disgusting behaviour. What a rotten attitude you have.

If that was me I'd have had a sound thrashing, and I'd deserve it.

You aren't to be pitied. You obviously need discipline, and you would do well to pay attention to it. If you don't change your ways you are likely going to turn into an insufferable adult. You are old enough to show wisdom in these areas and control your tongue and make wise decisions regarding your IMMEDIATE future. You aren't going to be a teenager forever.

It really is despicable of you to think your mother was in the wrong.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 7

Good.

That is your mother and that is absolutely disgusting behaviour. What a rotten attitude you have.

You aren't to be pitied. You obviously we'd discipline, and you would do well to pay attention to it.

My words were different but my thoughts are the same.

• Like 2

You CURSED at your mom and you're pissed because she yelled at you?! Jeez kid, what'd you expect? For her to take you out to dinner?

• Like 1

Good.

You aren't to be pitied. You obviously need discipline, and you would do well to pay attention to it. If you don't change your ways you are likely going to turn into an insufferable adult. You are old enough to show wisdom in these areas and control your tongue and make wise decisions regarding your IMMEDIATE future. You aren't going to be a teenager forever.

:goodone:

• Like 1

Good.

Completely agree.

There is one caveat, though, and that is that we are all products of the environment in which we are raised. And if using profanity is an example that is set by a parent, then the parent can't be shocked or surprised to start hearing it from his or her child. It is absolutely the wrong example to set, in my opinion...but it does happen, more often than we might like to think.

However, if that isn't the case, then yes, there is no excuse for it.

Respect is the only thing that breeds respect. And conversely, contempt breeds contempt. That's what it all amounts to.

• Like 2

Surrender, you better get your act together fast. You sound like a sniveling pampered spoiled brat.

You won't always be 15.

One day you'll mouth off to the wrong person and be very sorry.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3