What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I pulled a muscle or some thing in my chest,

Must have happened at work. Its very annoying. :madra:

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon!

What really bothers me is,

Not knowing when it happened. Woke up yesterday and felt some pain. Now it is a lot worse.

It's not on the left side of your chest or your left arm, is it?

It is on my left side,

More towards the lower side of my ribs. No problem with my arm.

Just be careful it's not a heart attack :scared:

Just lovely :facepalm:

Shit. Do the obvious: Have a doc check it out to be on the safe side.

Yeah,

My girlfriend keeps bugging me about it. I have determined it is work related. I was working inside the bakery production area on some lights that are about 20ft. off the ground. A lot of twisting, turning and bending at different angles. I will wait a couple of days before deciding on the doctor visit.

I hope that you feel better soon! Rib things are so tricky. I'm glad you don't have any more serious symptoms. Hope you can rest over the weekend!

Thanks,

But if things go as planned for Sunday I will be fishing. Its been a bad year for getting out. Some thing always comes up. I really need to get out of town. Its a really small creek so I won't have to cast very far and make things worse on the injury.

• Like 1

To end my unfortunate cat find story from a page or two back, I will finish by adding the following:

I did get the cat, wrapped it up, took it to the Hudson Valley SPCA

on Saturday and they will cremate the cat for me.

I feel much better now - can I possibly say I am at peace? I hope the cat is at peace also =^..^=

• Like 3

To end my unfortunate cat find story from a page or two back, I will finish by adding the following:

I feel much better now - can I possibly say I am at peace? I hope the cat is at peace also =^..^=

Thank you for being so caring.

• Like 1

That was a really nice thing to do! I'm glad it helped you feel better- the treatment of the cat was awful and I'll bet it could sense the energy of your caring wherever it is now . . .

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

I am extremely angry and heartbroken and sitting here at work and a total mess.

I have been passing this box on the side of the Quickway on my way to work in the grass for about a week. It is a 65mph highway, so I usually am going to fast to stop.

But today, I actually stopped because I made a point of remembering where the box was.

Someone left a cat in there and in the heat it dehydrated and died. It couldn't have already been dead because there were toys with it. So maybe there were kittens too, I don't know.

If I had stopped the first day I saw it I could have saved it. I am not going to get this vision out of my head for a while.

I have a call into animal control, and they actually sending the troopers out there because it is a state road.

I cannot believe someone did this. I am just really disgusted at the world right now. I can't stop thinking about it and I can't stop crying. very cruel..very very cruel...

Librarian, I know how you feel, and i understand your reaction because I've reacted and do react the same way.

Thank you for doing what you did. I know someone out here that found a bunch of kitten in a box in a dumpster, took them home and bottle fed them.

People have become heartless and are more cruel than ever.

I'm not going to tell you not to think about it because I still have images in my own head of things I've had to do with cats, or horrible things I've encountered, but try not to dwell on it. :hug2:

Thank you for being so caring.

Thank you :hug2:
  • Like 1

I have been passing this box on the side of the Quickway on my way to work in the grass for about a week. It is a 65mph highway, so I usually am going to fast to stop.

But today, I actually stopped because I made a point of remembering where the box was.

Someone left a cat in there and in the heat it dehydrated and died. It couldn't have already been dead because there were toys with it. So maybe there were kittens too, I don't know.

If I had stopped the first day I saw it I could have saved it. I am not going to get this vision out of my head for a while.

I have a call into animal control, and they actually sending the troopers out there because it is a state road.

I cannot believe someone did this. I am just really disgusted at the world right now. I can't stop thinking about it and I can't stop crying. very cruel..very very cruel...

Librarian, I know how you feel, and i understand your reaction because I've reacted and do react the same way.

Thank you for doing what you did. I know someone out here that found a bunch of kitten in a box in a dumpster, took them home and bottle fed them.

People have become heartless and are more cruel than ever.

I'm not going to tell you not to think about it because I still have images in my own head of things I've had to do with cats, or horrible things I've encountered, but try not to dwell on it. :hug2:

That was a really nice thing to do! I'm glad it helped you feel better- the treatment of the cat was awful and I'll bet it could sense the energy of your caring wherever it is now . . .

I hope the cat does too. Thank you :hug2: Edited by librarian
  • Like 1

Last year, we replaced our 25 year old air conditioner.

Today, the hottest day of the year (32 C or 90 F), I came home to a hot house. AC is not working. :( the first available service appointment is tomorrow afternoon. :sigh:

The manufacturer of the compressor switched flushing agents last year. The new solution has since been identified as gumming up a valve which caused our new AC to freeze. The service guy installed an agent to remove the blockage, but you have to run the AC for 15 minutes, then turn it off for a half an hour until there is no more freezing. Could go on for 24 hours with this on and off procedure before we are back to full time AC. Sigh. i guess I should be happy this is under warranty...

Sorry I am just reading this as I am an HVAC tech (or at least I was) and a damn good one. This sounds weird to me. Very... :eh: Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

I hope the cat does too. Thank you :hug2:

I just read through the whole story and as a cat lover myself I would be devastated had I been in your position. Sounds like you did a wonderful thing however and more than I could ever do. Be proud as you should be... :hug2: :rose:
  • Like 2

I just read through the whole story and as a cat lover myself I would be devastated had I been in your position. Sounds like you did a wonderful thing however and more than I could ever do. Be proud as you should be... :hug2: :rose:

• Like 1

Anytime. You are alright in my book and the more posts I read by you the more alrighter you become... :cheers: :)

I was expressing my concern to someone over having cancer. I do not have it but I am a hypochondriac. I told them that I was going to get a thyroid test and ultra sound just to confirm that I don't have it. That person got offended by my fears. Granted, she fought cancer for a while but I fail to understand why it offended her when I simply said I only fear of having it. Edited by Polaris
  • Like 1

stuff like this is why i'm a misanthrope.

stuff like this is why i can't entirely write off humanity.

• Like 2

I took time out of my day to take a family member grocery shopping.

:facepalm:

This person has a medical condition and can't walk very far, and there were

thunderstorms predicted for yesterday afternoon, so I agreed to take them.

I got snapped at every time I opened my mouth, even when I pointed out some

major savings on a few items(which they chose to buy when I pointed them out).

So I stopped talking, and went to wait in the car.

If you just need a ride, call a taxi.

Oh wait, you can't afford that.

It's why you called me. :rage:

• Like 1

I took time out of my day to take a family member grocery shopping.

:facepalm:

This person has a medical condition and can't walk very far, and there were

thunderstorms predicted for yesterday afternoon, so I agreed to take them.

I got snapped at every time I opened my mouth, even when I pointed out some

major savings on a few items(which they chose to buy when I pointed them out).

So I stopped talking, and went to wait in the car.

If you just need a ride, call a taxi.

Oh wait, you can't afford that.

It's why you called me. :rage:

That's alright, nettie. You did your good deed. :)

Maybe their medication makes them cranky. Or could be lots of frustration on their part because their condition makes them dependent upon others and slows them down.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

@Disk98 Try not giving a shit what your parents think about you, you'll probably feel a lot better. I don't know your parents and maybe they aren't assholes like mine in which case my advice may be inappropriate. But with mine at some point, I realized that it was impossible to both please them and be myself because their personality is completely different from mine. They don't want to accept me for who I am and are only interested to change me into someone I'm not and don't want to be. My advice is just be yourself.

Good advice.
  • Like 1