What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

A phone call I got from my father's wife at 7:00 this morning made me really angry.

Ever since I got sober (1998), I can say without a doubt that I'm more of an adult than any of my parents are. It blows my mind sometimes, how far apart we are.

I wish my sons had grandparents who wanted to spend time with them. (Their grandparents on my side, I mean). I can take whatever the older folks dish out at me, but my kids are sacred to me. You don't go and disappoint them, you know?

That's all. I just needed to vent for a minute. Thanks.

• Like 1

I was shrink-wrapping a pallet of freight tonight. I move counter-clockwise when I do this task, so my backside and my elbows are moving forward as I wrap the pallet.

I got ahead of myself.....moving a little too fast.....and my right elbow collided HARD with the corner of a plastic tote on the pallet. Right in the elbow joint. Intense pain, then a sense of numbness ensued.....my arm literally felt DEAD. I needed five good minutes for it to start working again.

It hurts like a MOFO!!! :rage:

Ow! Ow! Ow! :scared:

As usual, my unconscious pissed me off. My gawd damned dreams......they never stop.

Today, it was about certain ex-friends, whom I would rather completely forget. :rage: :rage:

• Like 1

As usual, my unconscious pissed me off. My gawd damned dreams......they never stop.

Today, it was about certain ex-friends, whom I would rather completely forget. :rage: :rage:

This will help. :digi:

:P

• Like 2

This will help. :digi:

:P

I suppose that is the best course of action. Incinerating certain ex-friends while laughing maniacally might get me into trouble..... :doh:

• Like 1

Ooof! It is way too hot out there!

Forget the show Survivor - I wouldn't last ten minutes!

Snow snow snow snow snow snow

Today I met the replacement for a disgruntled employee who left my team at work. I felt I was qualified to fill in and essentially be promoted, having been at my company a while and knowing the routines, however I found out I was never even in consideration for the position. Today my job was to grin and bear it, and I wonder how valued I am at my company.
  • Like 1

Today I met the replacement for a disgruntled employee who left my team at work. I felt I was qualified to fill in and essentially be promoted, having been at my company a while and knowing the routines, however I found out I was never even in consideration for the position. Today my job was to grin and bear it, and I wonder how valued I am at my company.

I hate sh** like that.

• Like 1

Apparently one of my roommates (the one who hasn't talked to me in over four months!!) complained to another about me "leaving stuff out" today. I don't leave anything out, not a thing. The same can't be said for the complainee in question.

It only took me two years of being on the forum to finally pay attention to the "manage friends" portion of my profile. Oops!

I don't think I have payed any attention to it either. What do you mean? What can you do now that you didn't know you could if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to learn something....

It only took me two years of being on the forum to finally pay attention to the "manage friends" portion of my profile. Oops!

I don't think I have payed any attention to it either. What do you mean? What can you do now that you didn't know you could if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to learn something....

Well, I mean I had never looked at it and pretty much never knew it existed. (I almost never update my profile.) So when I looked at it today I saw a bunch of people had added me as a friend and I didn't know it.

I'm not sure what it means to add someone as a friend, though. Do friends' posts show up differently or something?

Well, I mean I had never looked at it and pretty much never knew it existed. (I almost never update my profile.) So when I looked at it today I saw a bunch of people had added me as a friend and I didn't know it.

I'm not sure what it means to add someone as a friend, though. Do friends' posts show up differently or something?

No as far as I know they are just your "friends" and I would guess are a bit special to you. I have 46 and can't believe you aren't one of them. Hurts a bit to be honest... ;)

No as far as I know they are just your "friends" and I would guess are a bit special to you. I have 46 and can't believe you aren't one of them. Hurts a bit to be honest... ;)

Well geeze, you're not my friend either :(

;)

• Like 1

Well geeze, you're not my friend either :(

;)

I know. I have never added someone myself. Just to shy to make that assumption... :)

Wasp got inside my shirt as I was coming up my driveway after work. Stung me right over the heart. Now I get this burning pain with every breath. Joy.

I was woken up at 5:30 in the morning to my dad screaming at my mom about spending money behind his back. He was hitting the counter and slamming cupboards and everything. My mom as acting like it was no big deal and that he was just being ridiculous, but this could've been avoided if she communicated with him.

Now my mom is staying at my cousin's for god knows how long. I'm really scared that this was the last straw and my dad is gonna divorce her. Out of all the times this has happened it was never this bad. I'm done believing my mom that this is "normal arguing" for a married couple because they're literally always somewhat angry at each other, especially my dad.

I'm so done with the amount of stress that my family causes me, I want to leave.

I was woken up at 5:30 in the morning to my dad screaming at my mom about spending money behind his back. He was hitting the counter and slamming cupboards and everything. My mom as acting like it was no big deal and that he was just being ridiculous, but this could've been avoided if she communicated with him.

Now my mom is staying at my cousin's for god knows how long. I'm really scared that this was the last straw and my dad is gonna divorce her. Out of all the times this has happened it was never this bad. I'm done believing my mom that this is "normal arguing" for a married couple because they're literally always somewhat angry at each other, especially my dad.

I'm so done with the amount of stress that my family causes me, I want to leave.

((Hugs)) to you, Jamie. This does sound like a stressful situation, if your mom really has left for a little while. I wish we TRFers that have been through parent problems and married people problems could reach out long distance and help your folks, but they will have to seek that themselves; or at least one of them will. Do you and your sister have anyone you could talk to about this like a relative, friend, pastor, coach, someone like that? They might have an idea about dealing with the situation. I know, parents and family are hard because we have spent our whole life with them and want to look up to them. Try to stay true to yourself; and stay involved in your own activities; I know it's hard in a situation like this, but it helps. Hang in there, sweetie. :hug2:

• Like 2