What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I went out for a few hours and came home at 3pm only to find my husband drunk and passed out. Again. :(

That's in the afternoon right? This am and pm still confuses me. Doesn't sound good though. Is he getting drunk a lot?

Yeah, 3 in the afternoon. It doesn't happen a lot, maybe once every 1-4 months, but I hate it. He's got his own demons after a crappy childhood full of emotional and physical abuse from his father, and this happens every once in awhile as he tries to deal with it. (He's also going to a therapist.) But it still sucks :(

As I have posted on here before I used to drink beer daily. Around 3-6 every evening (or whenever I got home from work) but never drunk and always at home. I did this for about 10 years and stopped almost a year ago now. To be honest I am not even sure why I even started it but I know I wasn't happy and still am not really. I just know when my wife "bothered" me about it I became even more resentful toward her. It was actually pretty easy for me to stop even though she kept claiming I was a alcoholic and making me feel bad. Sounds like you and he have a handle on it but I would be cautious about ridiculing him about it.... :rose: :)

3-6 beers isn't a lot. And if you weren't drunk, was it really an issue? You're making yourself out to be some raging booze bag .

Just stating how it was. I agree with you to some extent. My point is that I didn't really think it was that much of a problem but my wife, mother and a few other family members that care for me did. Truth is, in retrospect, the main reason I stopped was to change my diet and get into shape. The guilt thrust upon me by the ones who care about me bothered me short term but never stopped me obviously. I functioned quite well during this time period and my intent is not to paint myself as an alcoholic lying in a back alley somewhere. Apologies if it seemed so. My point has always been and was with my wife as well is that this is a habit and not an addiction. Thats what it seemed to me at the time and today also.....

The issue I have is you're giving advice like you are a recovering addict, and you clearly werent. A lot of dudes unwind with a few beers after work.

I went out for a few hours and came home at 3pm only to find my husband drunk and passed out. Again. :(

That's in the afternoon right? This am and pm still confuses me. Doesn't sound good though. Is he getting drunk a lot?

Yeah, 3 in the afternoon. It doesn't happen a lot, maybe once every 1-4 months, but I hate it. He's got his own demons after a crappy childhood full of emotional and physical abuse from his father, and this happens every once in awhile as he tries to deal with it. (He's also going to a therapist.) But it still sucks :(

As I have posted on here before I used to drink beer daily. Around 3-6 every evening (or whenever I got home from work) but never drunk and always at home. I did this for about 10 years and stopped almost a year ago now. To be honest I am not even sure why I even started it but I know I wasn't happy and still am not really. I just know when my wife "bothered" me about it I became even more resentful toward her. It was actually pretty easy for me to stop even though she kept claiming I was a alcoholic and making me feel bad. Sounds like you and he have a handle on it but I would be cautious about ridiculing him about it.... :rose: :)

3-6 beers isn't a lot. And if you weren't drunk, was it really an issue? You're making yourself out to be some raging booze bag .

Just stating how it was. I agree with you to some extent. My point is that I didn't really think it was that much of a problem but my wife, mother and a few other family members that care for me did. Truth is, in retrospect, the main reason I stopped was to change my diet and get into shape. The guilt thrust upon me by the ones who care about me bothered me short term but never stopped me obviously. I functioned quite well during this time period and my intent is not to paint myself as an alcoholic lying in a back alley somewhere. Apologies if it seemed so. My point has always been and was with my wife as well is that this is a habit and not an addiction. Thats what it seemed to me at the time and today also.....

The issue I have is you're giving advice like you are a recovering addict, and you clearly werent. A lot of dudes unwind with a few beers after work.

10 + years and every day seemed a bit much even to me when I considered it when left to my own thoughts. It pissed me of when my wife and family bothered me about though. In retrospect I know I felt guilty and just didn't want to deal with it. Just curious if you think my 30+ years of nicotine every day was an addiction? I am still clean btw, thankfully. I was not well for a couple weeks after I quit but eventually the feeling subsided. I do have a pure mint chew that I use from time to time but it has no nicotine and just regular gum of course....

Lucy randomly just asked me why I don't speak to my mother, and "why does she hate you, mama?"

I answered quickly in a way she could understand- my mom is a bad person. She started crying and asking if that meant I'd hate her- I assured her I will love her til the end of time!

So THANKS, Laurie. Thank you for showing your young granddaughter that cruel people exist, and thank you for giving me the perfect chance to explain this to her. She understands now, don't worry about that. I never mentioned any of this to Lucy, I avoided it because I knew someday she would ask me. I've always been ready for these questions, and am very proud of how I handled it. Silver linings!

So NEENER NEENER, Laurie! I'm a good mother now because you showed me what not to do :D

• Like 2

this woman decided it was okay to let her child (age 3?) run down a "moving sidewalk' they have in airport terminals. the child fell, and a piece of her skirt went under the edge of the end of the walk. (like an escalator). I don't think I've run that fast in a while, but I ripped the corner of that skirt out of the corner of that moving sidewalk, and picked that child up and gave her to - I guess her mom, who said 'oh thank you'

did this woman realize her daughter could have been killed?!! I guess not, as I saw the child about ten minutes later running on another one.

Hey Lady - YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!

• Like 6

Starting the planning process in order to move soon, and hubby wants to know why I'm doing the "must have" furniture and other items list before we actually buy the other house....Because I'm not sleeping nor eating on the floor like a caveman, that's why honey!!!! Gee Whiz... :rage: :smash: :bitchslap: .

My f***ing dumbass neighbor just about mowed Lucy and I down with her car, good thing we made it to the sidewalk in time! I had to shove Lucy ahead of me so if anyone got hit, it was me!

She clearly didn't realize it was us, because as she was turning into her driveway, we were walking past.

I pointed right at her, GLARED and bellowed "YOU!!"

She avoided me with everything she had! dumb bitch!

• Like 1

I got a ticekt last night for not wearing a seatbelt. I undid my belt 30 feet away from my driveway, and a cop on a sidestreet saw it. He flicked his lights on and pulled up behind me in my driveway. It's the worst place to ever get pulled over.
  • Like 1

I got a ticekt last night for not wearing a seatbelt. I undid my belt 30 feet away from my driveway, and a cop on a sidestreet saw it. He flicked his lights on and pulled up behind me in my driveway. It's the worst place to ever get pulled over.

Oh I would have said a thing or two. That is the kind of stuff that pisses me off more than anything I can think of. I am pissed now and it didn't even happen to me.... :rage:

My f***ing dumbass neighbor just about mowed Lucy and I down with her car, good thing we made it to the sidewalk in time! I had to shove Lucy ahead of me so if anyone got hit, it was me!

She clearly didn't realize it was us, because as she was turning into her driveway, we were walking past.

:o Put on some reggae loudly and blaze a big one is my advice, that is after you lock yourself in your bedroom with 30mins of primal screaming...I find the primal screaming thing works wonders after a shitty sesh on this forum as well, certainly helps the ulcers :LOL:

• Like 1

:o Put on some reggae loudly and blaze a big one is my advice, that is after you lock yourself in your bedroom with 30mins of primal screaming...I find the primal screaming thing works wonders after a shitty sesh on this forum as well, certainly helps the ulcers :LOL:

LMAO bout to do that right now! hahaha ;)

Usually I brush that stuff off. But if I have to physically throw my child out of the way and brace myself for impact, you deserve my wrath ;) The drivers around here are insane.

Usually I brush that stuff off. But if I have to physically throw my child out of the way and brace myself for impact, you deserve my wrath ;) The drivers around here are insane.

Yeah I know hun, seriously, I hate that shit as well. I've had a few run-ins with asshole drivers as a cyclist that made me want to kill, practically Jeckyl and Hyde stuff, bring out the worst in you :rage:

Yeah I know hun, seriously, I hate that shit as well. I've had a few run-ins with asshole drivers as a cyclist that made me want to kill, practically Jeckyl and Hyde stuff, bring out the worst in you :rage:

LOL Jeckyll and Hyde, love it! ;)

Well, what just angered me was my father in law insisting to my daughter she watches "SUCH stupid shows". Well.....yeah. She IS only 3.

I only let her watch shows I tolerate, too- I love cartoons, always will. I love dorky shows. So of course, he scoffed at me, too.

He started going off about the disney show Lab Rats, how Lucy "made" him watch it with her once and he hated it. I said "well, that's when you tell her you will NOT watch it. Find a show you'll both watch, because I have never allowed her to watch Lab Rats simply because it's brain-meltingly stupid."

It was like he got angry that he never thought of, you know......not giving a 3 year old everything she asks for. So he started talking about "I never had TV as a kid, and I PROMISE YOU. THIS CRAP would NOT be viewed in MY home. maybe if it were-" and he looked right at me- "EDUCATIONAL."

So that was my cue to turn the TV up a little louder and ignore him.

http://blog.mondotees.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/JurassicParkMcCarthy4.jpg

:rantoff:

One of my favorite soundtracks is going to be released on vinyl. Sold exclusively through a store in USA. It will cost $55 with shipping which is a bit high, but oh well one of the versions is limited to 1000 copies. But then comes an additional $44 for import fees and taxes.

Why the Hell does the Danish postal service need to get their stinking hands on my purchase?! I know the rules are made to "protect" the market in Denmark, or whatever, but when the record is not sold anywhere outside that one store in USA, what f***ing difference will it make?!!

:rage: :codger: :sigh: :moon: :whip: :wtf: :facepalm: :bitchslap: :eh: :bang bang: :fury: :tsk: :no: :poke: :boo hiss: :boohoo: :( :crazy:

f**k I'm pissed!

:ranton:

http://www.ign.com/a...ancelled-by-nbc

f**k YOU NBC! :rage:

Also, my adapter broke a few days ago so I had to fork over $20 for one day Amazon delivery of a replacement computer adapter.

DAMN YOU NBC WE NEED SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE

I hope Netflix, Hulu or Amazon picks it up. That seems to be the way to do it these days. I remember Damages got axed by FX and got a new life on DirecTV a few years ago.

Being stuck inside the hotel room,

We have sever thunderstorms outside. :madra: The national news reported a tornado just south of us in Miami. Making the best of it though.

Sipping on a Margarita and making homemade nachos! :P

Edited by troutman

The first golf outing of the year, and what do I do? I forgot that it was TODAY, and not tomorrow.

The guys at work asked me this evening, "So, where were you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Our tee time at 10 am! We waited for you...."

"WHAT? I thought you said THURSDAY!"

"Nope.....it was today..." [The guys start laughing at me....] :doh: :doh: :rage: :rage:

• Like 1

The first golf outing of the year, and what do I do? I forgot that it was TODAY, and not tomorrow.

"What do you mean?"

"Nope.....it was today..." [The guys start laughing at me....] :doh: :doh: :rage: :rage:

Well,

At least it wasn't a :rush: concert. :P

• Like 1

"What do you mean?"

Well,

I would have blown my brains out if I had done something THAT stupid...... :yes: :laughing yellow guy:

• Like 1

"What do you mean?"

Well,

I would have blown my brains out if I had done something THAT stupid...... :yes: :laughing yellow guy:

:LOL: