What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

What pissed me off?

Freaking cancer, brain cancer to be exact.

One of my former colleagues was diagnosed a year ago. After many treatments, it's still growing, and there may not be any hope.

Another former colleague's husband has it too, and guess what? It is growing again.

An extended family member has it too, and he is terminal.

All guys under the age of 50.

Cancer sucks.

My sweet little niece fell off her chair in kindergarden today and hit her head directly on the concrete. Her parents took her to the doctor who looked at her for 30 seconds, and proclaimed that she was fine. They come home and she starts vomiting, so they rush her to the emergency room where they take good care of her. They measure her blood pressure, look at her eyes, nose and ears and monitor her the night over. She seems to be fine and is back to her usual delightful self, but damn that was a scare we could have done without.

But what pissed me off was that doctor. I am no doctor but even I know that you check the eyes and ears. I recommended them to get a new doctor. She is just a little over 1 year old, and with all the mishaps that lies ahead I would not be at ease with putting her health in his hands. :rage:

WHA?! You certainly have to check the eyes and ears. Yeah, new doctor, now. Hope she's doing ok.

She seems to be fine and back to being like she use to be. But her parents are keeping her home till monday just to make sure and give her some rest. Thanks for your concern :)

I think I'm on the fast track to losing my mind. This morning, I sat in my car for a really long time trying to figure out how to turn off my windshield wipers. I pushed down a lever, the left blinker turned on. Pushed up on a lever, there was the right blinker. All the while my windshield wipers are skipping erratically across a very dry windshield. I'd like to blame this on my lack of caffeine (as I was attempting to drive myself to Starbucks) but I just had a regular cup of coffee. I eventually remembered there was a whole other lever on the right side of the steering wheel! But yeah... I think I'm losing it.

I think I'm on the fast track to losing my mind. This morning, I sat in my car for a really long time trying to figure out how to turn off my windshield wipers. I pushed down a lever, the left blinker turned on. Pushed up on a lever, there was the right blinker. All the while my windshield wipers are skipping erratically across a very dry windshield. I'd like to blame this on my lack of caffeine (as I was attempting to drive myself to Starbucks) but I just had a regular cup of coffee. I eventually remembered there was a whole other lever on the right side of the steering wheel! But yeah... I think I'm losing it.

I don't have a car or a drivers license, but I always imagine myself driving along a dark road at night, and accidentally shutting off the lights and not turning them on again before I crash.

^And she says I'm nuts... :no:

You ARE nuts. I'd like to think that's why we understand each other.

Maybe I have too much on my mind or something, like my brain is filled to its max level. I was just out running errands, saw a friend, told her I wanted to invite her daughter over for a play date with my son, and I say, "But I don't think I have your email address." As I'm saying that I just remembered that I had emailed her yesterday about a project I'm doing for our kids classroom.

I am spacin' out big time!

• Like 1

My sweet little niece fell off her chair in kindergarden today and hit her head directly on the concrete. Her parents took her to the doctor who looked at her for 30 seconds, and proclaimed that she was fine. They come home and she starts vomiting, so they rush her to the emergency room where they take good care of her. They measure her blood pressure, look at her eyes, nose and ears and monitor her the night over. She seems to be fine and is back to her usual delightful self, but damn that was a scare we could have done without.

But what pissed me off was that doctor. I am no doctor but even I know that you check the eyes and ears. I recommended them to get a new doctor. She is just a little over 1 year old, and with all the mishaps that lies ahead I would not be at ease with putting her health in his hands. :rage:

Just my opinion, but I would have reported that incompetent doctor to the hospital, the AMA, and anyone else who would listen.

Your niece is a year old, and she's in kindergarden? :o

• Like 1

Hm, true, but you're usually the voice of reason while I'm carrying on like a lunatic.

I think the problem is that you're trying to be helpful and nice to too many people at once. You're hooking your son up with chicks, giving the people on this forum great advice, etc., etc. Heck, you're probably writing a song on your guitar right now with the intention of donating all the money you make from it to charity. You need to start being meaner and less considerate. Then these problems will evaporate like the last trace of my sanity did years ago.

Hm, true, but you're usually the voice of reason while I'm carrying on like a lunatic.

I think the problem is that you're trying to be helpful and nice to too many people at once. You're hooking your son up with chicks, giving the people on this forum great advice, etc., etc. Heck, you're probably writing a song on your guitar right now with the intention of donating all the money you make from it to charity. You need to start being meaner and less considerate. Then these problems will evaporate like the last trace of my sanity did years ago.

I just realized that I started spacing out... after we started having conversations. SO IT'S YOU! You're pulling me down into the depths of your insanity.

And I do realize I have too much going on. I like having too much to do but then I start forgetting things and freak out because there's too much going on.

I just realized that I started spacing out... after we started having conversations. SO IT'S YOU! You're pulling me down into the depths of your insanity.

NOW it all makes sense. That's not insanity. It's puppy love! :P

And I do realize I have too much going on. I like having too much to do but then I start forgetting things and freak out because there's too much going on.

On a serious note for a moment, make lists of what you have to do! They help me so much when I've got a million things to take care of and I'm stressing out, not only by making it easier to remember things but also by making everything seem much more manageable.

Just try not to start absentmindedly writing "CYCLONUS" and drawing hearts around it while compiling these lists. ;)

Edited by Cyclonus X-1

I'm angry, sad, confused, devastated, heartbroken beyond words.

My mother in law was switched to some new medication (Hydrochlorot, for blood pressure) and literally the day after her first dose, her eyes swelled shut. Her body followed suit and she was rushed to the hospital.

She's been there almost 2 weeks, last night she was taken to ICU. She cannot see, talk, eat or drink. She has total face paralysis now. she weighed 77 POUNDS when she FIRST went to the ER. for some ungodly reason they waited 5 days to give her a feeding tube. FIVE DAYS!!!

dad only got *some* answers cause yesterday he walked in, demanded to see the doctor and raised hell. They won't talk to him about his wife.

Things are getting worse....hubby saw her a couple nights ago and I had to hold him when he got home. He was a wreck. (we have our troubles but it's on the backburner for now. OUR mom is sick and getting worse. WE are here together to help dad with housework and finances. Of course I'll comfort him.)

We all want answers. she can't move, and she's getting worse. Lucy was told her grandma's visiting friends but now....we may have to change our story. she's 3. she's gonna be heartbroken.

We were told mom won't be released anytime soon, and once she is, she needs to go to a nursing home.

I hate how heavy everything is around here, I hate that my daughter's asking questions none of us know how to answer, and I hate the fact that for once I finally have a mom in my life, and I may lose her soon.

I know I probably sound selfish with that last part, but cmon.

I've been ducking into the bathroom to cry for a few minutes here and there. Everyone around here has.

Dad doesn't want us to move out (we're not going to now, he can't live alone). He broke down telling us how big a help it was to have us here.

AGGHHHHHHHHHH KARMA WHY CAN'T YOU GO AFTER THE A-HOLES WHO TRULY DESERVE IT?!

:hug2: :rose: <-------------------------------------------------------------------------- For Hobo and all family involved...

Just my opinion, but I would have reported that incompetent doctor to the hospital, the AMA, and anyone else who would listen.

Yeah, she is such an overachiever! :P

Actually what I meant to write was daycare. I was so mad I got it wrong. I do not know if they will report it, but they should and I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion.

Actually what I meant to write was daycare. I was so mad I got it wrong. I do not know if they will report it, but they should and I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion.

Just checking....!! :D :D The way the kids are getting smarter and smarter every year, ya just can't be sure anymore......maybe she WAS in kindergarten!! :LOL:

Just checking....!! :D :D The way the kids are getting smarter and smarter every year, ya just can't be sure anymore......maybe she WAS in kindergarten!! :LOL:

"They grow up so fast" takes on a whole new meaning :D

What. In. The. Actual. Phuq.

I just realized this is my 40th year. I'm entering into a new decade. I'm unsure how I feel about this, and I can't unthink it. :(

I'm still 39 for 6 more months... On the other hand, I still get passed as 27ish and get carded. All. The. Time.

• Like 1

What. In. The. Actual. Phuq.

I just realized this is my 40th year. I'm entering into a new decade. I'm unsure how I feel about this, and I can't unthink it. :(

I'm still 39 for 6 more months... On the other hand, I still get passed as 27ish and get carded. All. The. Time.

You look very young in your pics for sure. A fresh and cute face does the trick every time. I was so thrilled to live 40 years that I was happy to keep going and figure the rest is gravy.... :)

Rush hour traffic! No way I wan't to die because some A-hole is in a hurry to get home from work.

On a lighter but a little sad note: Wrote to a woman on a dating site (yeah, and so what? ;) ) and shortly after she deletes her profile. I mean, damn it! Must be a coincidence, lol.

Or maybe my username "Mr. 30-inches" scared her off? :LOLsign:

Rush hour traffic! No way I wan't to die because some A-hole is in a hurry to get home from work.

On a lighter but a little sad note: Wrote to a woman on a dating site (yeah, and so what? ;) ) and shortly after she deletes her profile. I mean, damn it! Must be a coincidence, lol.

Or maybe my username "Mr. 30-inches" scared her off? :LOLsign:

That does have to sting a little. It would devastate me briefly...... "Mr. 3 inches" seems would be worse... :)