What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 8 2012, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 8 2012, 03:40 AM)
Constantly waking up in the middle of the night - hardly any  schla03.gif  .......

hug2.gif

Thank you, Sheldon... smile.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 10 2012, 08:22 AM)
QUOTE (umoveme @ Aug 10 2012, 03:48 PM)
Everything is just poo right now.

sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

hug2.gif

Thanks

smile.gif

QUOTE (Amalgamation @ Aug 10 2012, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (umoveme @ Aug 10 2012, 10:48 AM)

I'm having the same kind of day. sad.gif

Hugs!

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 10 2012, 03:23 PM)
Car battery just died!

comp26.gif

I hope you all have a better day. smile.gif

hug2.gif

QUOTE (Amalgamation @ Aug 10 2012, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (umoveme @ Aug 10 2012, 10:48 AM)

I'm having the same kind of day. sad.gif

Hugs!

hug2.gif

QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 2 2012, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 2 2012, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 2 2012, 11:00 AM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 2 2012, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 31 2012, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jul 31 2012, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 30 2012, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (missionman @ Jul 29 2012, 01:11 AM)
We need rain. Give us rain!!!!
The ground is TOOO hard to dig! (to build a fence)

Anyway......

Nice that you added that 'fence' qualifier to your sentence, lest anyone have ideas of other things you might be digging (like, for example, holes for dead bodies stashed away in your trunk!) tongue.gif

Anyway, I actually have something reasonably helpful to say: a lot of my yard ground is very hard, so much that I can't even get a shovel into it, so I've discovered that using a pick-axe is excellent. It has a pointy side and a blunt side, and the pointy side, when thrust into the ground repeatedly, loosens up the dirt right quick. It's saved me a lot of digging time, with all the new flower beds I've been creating this year!

Upon proofreading this before posting, it seems like this is full of innuendos, but it's not!

um Missionman does this for a living.

Um that's good to know. Does this render my advice as not useful?

No, but chances are, he would have tried that, after putting in thousands of fences over the years.

Well, I thought it would be nice to try to be helpful on behalf of someone else's venting (I'm learning that complaining without taking action to make things better can be quite detrimental to oneself), and if my advice isn't useful to him, then no harm, no foul. Someone else could be reading this and take something useful out of it; I know that if I'd come across the idea of using a darn icepick instead of struggling in vain with a shovel last year, it would have saved me literally hours of labour, the icepick is that good!

My point is I've tried to be helpful, and your first comment was a bit of a slap. Maybe in light of MissionMan doing this for a living, my advice would thus be redundant (but then, maybe not), but how was I to know that?

Anyway, MissionMan, hope you're getting the rain you wanted, and that your fence-building is working out OK!

Talk about a slap.

yikes.

There is a DIY thread. Maybe you could post this helpful information in that thread.

biggrin.gif

Have a nice day!

There's a DIY thread? Awesome, didn't know that! Will check that out! smile.gif

Thanks for having my back Nettie, but I got this.

She's right Mika. I've been digging holes for a LONG time, DECADES!!!!!!

I've dug holes using everything there is to dig holes with, using everything from a spoon to explosives!!! A pick axe, rock bar, hand diggers, people I pay good $$$ to dig holes!

The ground is hard due to lack of rain to soften it up. Even machines don't do a very good job but it does better than a human does. Long story....

The ground is hard and it's rough!!!!! But it HAS to be done! In the end, A beutiful fence is in it's wake. confused13.gif

It's a living.....

It sucks but it's what I do. WE NEED RAIN.......!!!!

(among other things I do)

Bills gotta be paid!

QUOTE (missionman @ Aug 11 2012, 01:55 AM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 2 2012, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 2 2012, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 2 2012, 11:00 AM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 2 2012, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 31 2012, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jul 31 2012, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 30 2012, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (missionman @ Jul 29 2012, 01:11 AM)
We need rain. Give us rain!!!!
The ground is TOOO hard to dig! (to build a fence)

Anyway......

Nice that you added that 'fence' qualifier to your sentence, lest anyone have ideas of other things you might be digging (like, for example, holes for dead bodies stashed away in your trunk!) tongue.gif

Anyway, I actually have something reasonably helpful to say: a lot of my yard ground is very hard, so much that I can't even get a shovel into it, so I've discovered that using a pick-axe is excellent. It has a pointy side and a blunt side, and the pointy side, when thrust into the ground repeatedly, loosens up the dirt right quick. It's saved me a lot of digging time, with all the new flower beds I've been creating this year!

Upon proofreading this before posting, it seems like this is full of innuendos, but it's not!

um Missionman does this for a living.

Um that's good to know. Does this render my advice as not useful?

No, but chances are, he would have tried that, after putting in thousands of fences over the years.

Well, I thought it would be nice to try to be helpful on behalf of someone else's venting (I'm learning that complaining without taking action to make things better can be quite detrimental to oneself), and if my advice isn't useful to him, then no harm, no foul. Someone else could be reading this and take something useful out of it; I know that if I'd come across the idea of using a darn icepick instead of struggling in vain with a shovel last year, it would have saved me literally hours of labour, the icepick is that good!

My point is I've tried to be helpful, and your first comment was a bit of a slap. Maybe in light of MissionMan doing this for a living, my advice would thus be redundant (but then, maybe not), but how was I to know that?

Anyway, MissionMan, hope you're getting the rain you wanted, and that your fence-building is working out OK!

Talk about a slap.

yikes.

There is a DIY thread. Maybe you could post this helpful information in that thread.

biggrin.gif

Have a nice day!

There's a DIY thread? Awesome, didn't know that! Will check that out! smile.gif

Thanks for having my back Nettie, but I got this.

She's right Mika. I've been digging holes for a LONG time, DECADES!!!!!!

I've dug holes using everything there is to dig holes with, using everything from a spoon to explosives!!! A pick axe, rock bar, hand diggers, people I pay good $$$ to dig holes!

The ground is hard due to lack of rain to soften it up. Even machines don't do a very good job but it does better than a human does. Long story....

The ground is hard and it's rough!!!!! But it HAS to be done! In the end, A beutiful fence is in it's wake. confused13.gif

It's a living.....

It sucks but it's what I do. WE NEED RAIN.......!!!!

(among other things I do)

Bills gotta be paid!

Hope the ground softens up for ya, so you can build lots of fences! smile.gif

Well, the day before yesterday, just before I was going to bed, I stubbed my toe really badly, and ended up fracturing it. I've had to try to keep off my foot, and hobble around, forgoing work and beach visits (the weather's been gorgeous!); can't even get out and about the garden! sad.gif

Yesterday I was a bit bummed, just hanging around on the couch, being oddly bored (there's always so much to do that I never get bored!), the only light in my day being that my boyfriend and I were going to hunker down and play this board game in the evening, something we'd been trying to do for a while. I was kind of patiently waiting, filling up my time with reading. At suppertime he needed to check his online video game for something, then had to stay in the game for an hour doing something. Then he decided to put on a frozen pizza for supper, which took 40 minutes to bake. Then he got a call from an out-of-town friend. Then his old room mate came by to pick up mail and chat for a bit. Then we had to watch TV while he ate his pizza. We finally set up and started playing, and literally seven minutes later, his sister came over, because apparently they'd made plans to hang out at 10:00, which it now was. So, no game-playing for me, the one thing I'd been looking forward to all day. And my boyfriend couldn't understand why I was so frustrated. "I didn't realize it was so late already," he said. "Well, at least we got to play for a little bit!" Yes, for seven minutes. The two of them went outside and got high and I hobbled off to bed to read. angry.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 12 2012, 07:52 PM)
Well, the day before yesterday, just before I was going to bed, I stubbed my toe really badly, and ended up fracturing it. I've had to try to keep off my foot, and hobble around, forgoing work and beach visits (the weather's been gorgeous!); can't even get out and about the garden! sad.gif

Yesterday I was a bit bummed, just hanging around on the couch, being oddly bored (there's always so much to do that I never get bored!), the only light in my day being that my boyfriend and I were going to hunker down and play this board game in the evening, something we'd been trying to do for a while. I was kind of patiently waiting, filling up my time with reading. At suppertime he needed to check his online video game for something, then had to stay in the game for an hour doing something. Then he decided to put on a frozen pizza for supper, which took 40 minutes to bake. Then he got a call from an out-of-town friend. Then his old room mate came by to pick up mail and chat for a bit. Then we had to watch TV while he ate his pizza. We finally set up and started playing, and literally seven minutes later, his sister came over, because apparently they'd made plans to hang out at 10:00, which it now was. So, no game-playing for me, the one thing I'd been looking forward to all day. And my boyfriend couldn't understand why I was so frustrated. "I didn't realize it was so late already," he said. "Well, at least we got to play for a little bit!" Yes, for seven minutes. The two of them went outside and got high and I hobbled off to bed to read. angry.gif sad.gif

Awwwww..... hug2.gif

QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 12 2012, 02:52 PM)

Wait wait wait...Let me get this straight.

(Deep breath)

Your boyfriend's sister came over at 10 o'clock p.m. because they had plans to hang out.

The two of them left you to get high.

Now you are upset because you didn't get to play a game.

Am I the only one who sees it?

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 12 2012, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 12 2012, 02:52 PM)

Yesterday I was a bit bummed, just hanging around on the couch, being oddly bored (there's always so much to do that I never get bored!), the only light in my day being that my boyfriend and I were going to hunker down and play this board game in the evening, something we'd been trying to do for a while. I was kind of patiently waiting, filling up my time with reading. At suppertime he needed to check his online video game for something, then had to stay in the game for an hour doing something. Then he decided to put on a frozen pizza for supper, which took 40 minutes to bake. Then he got a call from an out-of-town friend. Then his old room mate came by to pick up mail and chat for a bit. Then we had to watch TV while he ate his pizza. We finally set up and started playing, and literally seven minutes later, his sister came over, because apparently they'd made plans to hang out at 10:00, which it now was. So, no game-playing for me, the one thing I'd been looking forward to all day. And my boyfriend couldn't understand why I was so frustrated. "I didn't realize it was so late already," he said. "Well, at least we got to play for a little bit!" Yes, for seven minutes. The two of them went outside and got high and I hobbled off to bed to read.  angry.gif  sad.gif

Wait wait wait...Let me get this straight.

(Deep breath)

Your boyfriend's sister came over at 10 o'clock p.m. because they had plans to hang out.

The two of them left you to get high.

Now you are upset because you didn't get to play a game.

Am I the only one who sees it?

Please enlighten me... not sure what you mean with this. I feel a bit silly about being frustrated over a lack of playing a game, is this what you mean?

...I can't wait for my foot to get better. I hate so much inaction. I'll have to hobble to work tomorrow for a meeting, but don't know how much I'll be able to limp around at work.

And thanks for the hug, babycat. I appreciate it. smile.gif

ranton.gif I asked my instructor why I my percentage of completion went up last week even thought I didn't turn anything in. She said I need to stop stalling and that if she hadn't marked off anything in a while, it was making her look bad and she said she was going to complete me. Today she said I need to work on Excel or Access. Well, WTF?! I thought you we going to complete me! (F.Y.I., If I complete too soon I'll have no where to go, so I'll most likely be homeless, so I have every right to stall, if I can hold on for just about 6 weeks then I'll have a place to go.Thanks government programs!:angry:)

They friggin lie about what they do here they just want to get you out as soon as possible so they can bring more people in so they can make more money! My teacher doesn't even teach us, she just sits there all day! The other business and finance teacher actually teach, and when you ask her for help she doesn't even know what to do! Isn't that supposed to be her job? To know how to use Excel or whatever else we happen to be working on so she can help us? She doesn't even pay attention. Most of the people in the class aren't even doing what they're supposed to and she doesn't even notice because she hardly looks up from her own computer screen! Great teacher! angry.gif Again thanks government! They say they care here! They said they were going to help us! They haven't done anything and guess what, they expect us to find a job within 2 weeks after we are completed with resources next to none. Four computers to 20 people! Good luck finding a job that way! angry.gif rantoff.gif

Edited by Sapphire Oraculum

Well...It's not the government's fault. It's the dumb s**ts that were hired to run this place.(Uhhh...sorry goverment...I'm not a big fan of you but that's only because of the corrupt people that run you). Screw this, I'm moving to Canada. 2.gif Edited by Sapphire Oraculum