What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 18 2011, 02:20 PM)
Tired today, thanks to sleeping poorly last night. The blame lies with my husband, who had the worst, most eye-watering case of gas I've encountered recently. Worse than dog farts. It was like trying to sleep next to a pulpwood mill/paper factory.

I've got no idea what that's like, but you have my sympathies. hug2.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Jul 19 2011, 03:59 PM)
There are people (not on this board) in this world who are total bleeping bleepbleeps!!! angry.gif

I completely understand.

Having said that, your 'bleeping bleepbleeps' made me giggle (sorry!) and reminded me of a M*A*S*H book I once read, in which a female character called a male character "You bleeping son of a blap(!)' God knows why, but I nearly died laughing..! laugh.gif

Once again, my apologies.

(Please don't hit me over the head with anything...)

Edited by Babycat

I just saw my list of required textbooks for this fall.

I just about had a heart attack.

$150 for Phil/Logic, $60 for Sociology, $85 for Spanish, $60+ for English..?!

Luckily they're the only ones I need this semester but still! Even renting is no less than half the price! scared.gif

I have a nasty feeling I'm going to be like every other student and love everything about UNL except the price..!

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Aug 1 2011, 01:26 PM)
Actually, those prices don't sound too bad.

I remember spending that much for books, and it's been over 20 years since I was in college.

Good point. I've heard of some books being easily $200, new.

But I have no idea how much it's going to be next semester.. and I'm already shelling out a lot for tuition and room/board, even with my scholarships. It's frustrating, having to worry so much about finances when all I really want to need to worry about are my grades. But I suppose that's life.

Getting older kind of sucks. :C

Assholes with no sense of urgency. Thanks, _______ Contracting. I've only been pestering you since FRIDAY for your f***ing license numbers for the applications. Now I've missed the FedEx pickup and get to go to FedEx dropoff after work. Not something I really want to make time for, you assholes. And you STILL have not provided the number - we've awarded you over $300K in bids and you can't answer that simple request?

Two things, both interconnected.

1) The AC is off in my building.

2) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Board%20Pics/weather-1.jpg

Like that description? "Hot." Thanks, National Weather Service. You're nothing if not concise.

Took a scary fall off a ladder about 10am this morning.

I was cutting a limb on my property and had the ladder on it.

I thought I had enough of the ladder up so when the limb came up from the weight coming off of it, I still be ok.

I thought wrong. When the limb came up ladder slipped off and I fell about 14 ft flat on my back on the ladder.

Thank God I had my employee with me. The limb also landed on me, didn't really hit me, but trapped me underneath.

It's the hardest I've ever been hit.

After my bud pulled the limb off me, I had to lie there for about 10 min before I could stand up and then with assitance.

I went to the ER and everything came back neg. No broken bones.

They ran a CAT scan on me for potential internal injuries. And that checked out.

I was having trouble breathing for about 3 hrs. But feel much better now after some Loritabs and muscle relaxers.

I'm very thankful it wasn't more serious but it is very disappointing that I just worked my ass off in GA last 2 weeks and all of it will be going to this. No insurance. sad.gif

I'm going be SOOO sore in the morning and probally next few days. Something hit me under my right eye. Got a nice little goose egg on it so I'll probaly have a black eye for a couple days too.

Ya'll think about me if ya would.

And be careful out thare. bekloppt.gif

Yikes! You're quite lucky; glad you're still in one piece.

(Oh, and try to work something out with the ER billing dept. to get the costs reduced. The worst they can say is no, but you'll very likely be able to get some knocked off the bill).

Hey, man..sounds like a bad fall.Hope your alright.

I'll pray for ya..God definitely answers prayer.

Reminds me of the biz I have.( I work with a 22 foot

extention ladder, and a 8 ft. step-ladder) It s a risky

deal,being anymore then 10 feet off the ground..you

gotta be real careful. There was a story I heard awhile back

about a dude in the same line of work I'm in, was stepping

onto his extention ladder,from the roof, and he stepped to the side,

instead of the middle of the ladder step, and the ladder moved

to the right or left, and the ladder went down to the ground...

The guy fell from the ladder, about 20 feet, and landed right

on his head...he died instantly..right there on the spot.

so..yeah, any line of work, working with ladder's, is dangerous,

and you just gotta always be aware of the surroundings, and what your attempting to do..and make sure the danger level is reduced to the absolute maximum, at all times.Hope you recover as quickly as possible.

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (Inthend @ Aug 3 2011, 03:54 PM)
I'm very thankful it wasn't more serious but it is very disappointing that I just worked my ass off in GA last 2 weeks and all of it will be going to this. No insurance. sad.gif

I definitely feel this part of your pain; I had no health insurance when I ended up in the hospital and found out I'm diabetic.

Hope you heal soon and get a lot more good jobs to make up for the loss smile.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 3 2011, 04:14 PM)
Yikes! You're quite lucky; glad you're still in one piece.
(Oh, and try to work something out with the ER billing dept. to get the costs reduced. The worst they can say is no, but you'll very likely be able to get some knocked off the bill).

thx, mara.

yeah i've heard they'll knock some off for 'self payed' people. definitely gonna try.

Havn't seen the bill yet. I'm hoping that it'll be $2-3k.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Aug 3 2011, 09:17 PM)
QUOTE (Inthend @ Aug 3 2011, 03:54 PM)
I'm very thankful it wasn't more serious but it is very disappointing that I just worked my ass off in GA last 2 weeks and all of it will be going to this. No insurance.  sad.gif

I definitely feel this part of your pain; I had no health insurance when I ended up in the hospital and found out I'm diabetic.

Hope you heal soon and get a lot more good jobs to make up for the loss smile.gif

'Preciate that.

And I wasn't as sore as I thought I'd be this morning.

It probaly helped that I woke up 2 times last night (2 and 4am) and got out of bed.

I was sore but not as bad as I thought it would be.

After breakfast I took some more painkillers and a muscle relaxer.

They definitely help. yes.gif

I think i'll be back in the saddle by Mon. boarder.gif

I'm doing some light house keeping today to work some of the sorness out.

But don't worry I'm takin it slow.

And thanks much on the well-wishes on the business.

And also a 'Thank you' to Go2wrk for the response. trink39.gif

Red tape from our security access people. Why does it take a week to get software loaded on someone's computer, and three separate forms to fill out when it would take about five minutes to do?

Junior #1 would not give up on asking me if Junior #2 could share his room SO I took out all the screws in Junior #2's crib, disassembled the thing, moved it, reassembled it, put one screw in the wrong place which resulted in splitting the wood in a front section of the crib and sending a shard of wood into my index finger, the resulting string of kid-friendly cuss words ended with me biting my tongue, literally, and trying to keep the blood from my new wound making a mess all over the place. Oh, and all the while, Junior #2 was pitching a fit because 1) I was moving things around on him and 2) he was three hours past his normal nap time and any parent here knows how much patience and placidity a sleep-deprived toddler has.

Irritated at the job market and those that interview people for positions. A job that I interviewed for last week looked very promising, or seemed to be after I left the interview. I see they've posted an ad seeking candidates for that position. So I am out - I called to confirm.

Oh, and human resources should be more in sync with others in the company who serve as supervisors to new employees. If they had been, it would have saved me from wasting my time. HR were surprised that the supervisor decided to not consider me.

If I don't have a particular skill, it should be very obvious if it's not on my resume.

So if you want to hire someone, please read the goddamned resume first before calling to schedule an interview and waste everybody's time.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 11 2011, 07:52 AM)
Irritated at the job market and those that interview people for positions. A job that I interviewed for last week looked very promising, or seemed to be after I left the interview. I see they've posted an ad seeking candidates for that position. So I am out - I called to confirm.

Oh, and human resources should be more in sync with others in the company who serve as supervisors to new employees. If they had been, it would have saved me from wasting my time. HR were surprised that the supervisor decided to not consider me.

If I don't have a particular skill, it should be very obvious if it's not on my resume.

So if you want to hire someone, please read the goddamned resume first before calling to schedule an interview and waste everybody's time.

The same has happened to me! Except, I was hired and the experience was horrible. Through the grapevine I had heard this particular company (which I had my eyes on for quite some time) was going to hire someone for Public Relations. So, sent my resume in, got a call and was offered the job. I left my perfectly fine job to start with this new company who had placed me at the front desk, telling me that I would be performing receptionist duties before they worked out the fine details of adding a PR section to their company. I was like WTF!? They hadn't even told me any of this during the interview. I was fuming. To make matters worse, after a month of being a receptionist, I started asking them about my PR position, that I was hired for, and was told everything was still, "in the works." I gave it one more month and then left. On my way out the door I informed them that they could send my last paycheck to my new job - with a Public Relations firm.

little ones...screaming...running...crying...yelling...all week...non-stop.

God grant me the serenity...or a big tylenol...

Someone's going to have to explain this to me.

Twice in the past week I've had bizarre tailgaters. Different cars, same weird driving maneuvers. They ride up on my a**, like, right up on my bumper, then slow wayyyyyyy down until they're almost out of site and then punch it, getting right up on my bumper again.

WTH?