What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

It's cold outside tonight. 35 degrees Fahrenheit.

Which wouldn't be that big a deal except it means that it's going to be cold in D.C, as well! :C I was so hoping for nice weather, but I heard it might be cold, rainy, dreary.. ugh. And most of the sights are best accessed by foot. At least we're planning on hitting all the museums Friday, when it's supposed to rain. Still...

as always my f'n job is what pissed me off today. walmart sucks. how is it that the biggest corporation in the world has to make cuts in hours for their employees - employees who are living paycheck to paycheck and can barely survive on what their making. I mean seriously. Walmart is certainly not hurting for money.

ranton.gif

...reading more about the red tape bullshit that keeps necessary supplies and assistance [much of it from the international community] from reaching those in serious need...f***ing typical Japanese government nonsense that always wants to file and count everything before getting it to the place it needs to be.

This kind of thing happened some 15 years ago with the Hanshin earthquake that leveled Kobe and killed over 6000 people. Red tape kept supplies from getting to where it needed to be and many well-intentioned volunteers were turned down because the government thought there was enough help and that they might get in the way. Interestingly, the yakuza (yeah, those guys) were the ones that went in to those desperate areas [bypassing all the red tape because they don't give a shit] with their own trucks and supplies to assist those in need.

When Canada sends thousands of blankets, Taiwan sends power generators, and Korea sends food, you get those goods to those people who need them right away. You don't put it in a warehouse first then take an anally-detailed inventory. Not everything needs to be filed in triplicate!

rantoff.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 24 2011, 12:44 AM)
ranton.gif
...reading more about the red tape bullshit that keeps necessary supplies and assistance [much of it from the international community] from reaching those in serious need...f***ing typical Japanese government nonsense that always wants to file and count everything before getting it to the place it needs to be.
This kind of thing happened some 15 years ago with the Hanshin earthquake that leveled Kobe and killed over 6000 people. Red tape kept supplies from getting to where it needed to be and many well-intentioned volunteers were turned down because the government thought there was enough help and that they might get in the way. Interestingly, the yakuza (yeah, those guys) were the ones that went in to those desperate areas [bypassing all the red tape because they don't give a shit] with their own trucks and supplies to assist those in need.
When Canada sends thousands of blankets, Taiwan sends power generators, and Korea sends food, you get those goods to those people who need them right away. You don't put it in a warehouse first then take an anally-detailed inventory. Not everything needs to be filed in triplicate!
rantoff.gif

omg yeah that's just f***ing ridiculous! angry.gif right along with you, Johnny! >:(

Not the best day I've had, nor the worst...

I tried to hang out with one friend, but she said she wasn't able. The second person I wanted to hang with basically posted an invitation on Facebook about wanting people to hang with her, then said "no thanks" when I offered. Then, the next two were busy with their proms and whatnot.

So, to get my mind off of all of that, I took an impromptu drive that was supposed to get my mind off of those things, but, well, it didn't.

And, on top of all of that, it was raining or overcast all day.

I swear, I make one step towards optimism and increased social activity, then make one damn step back.

I am starting to hate this hip and its new parts. I swear, something ain't right; yesterday I kept a hand on it as I was walking and I could feel it grinding some. It STILL bloody hurts even though I can walk virtually without a limp. I am still tossing down Aleve and aspirin like they're Skittles.

It's been a month almost. It didn't take nearly this long for me to walk pain-free after the ORIGINAL replacement, and that was a much more extensive surgery. Yes, I am behaving and not overdoing. I don't get it - nothing was done to the bone itself and the trauma to the soft tissue should be well and truly healed by now. I want my normal active life back, please!

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 27 2011, 02:02 PM)
I am starting to hate this hip and its new parts. I swear, something ain't right; yesterday I kept a hand on it as I was walking and I could feel it grinding some. It STILL bloody hurts even though I can walk virtually without a limp. I am still tossing down Aleve and aspirin like they're Skittles.

It's been a month almost. It didn't take nearly this long for me to walk pain-free after the ORIGINAL replacement, and that was a much more extensive surgery. Yes, I am behaving and not overdoing. I don't get it - nothing was done to the bone itself and the trauma to the soft tissue should be well and truly healed by now. I want my normal active life back, please!

That sounds so scary and painful! sad.gif ohmy.gif

So, I was supposedly kinda seeing a guy, supposedly. I'm not sure. There were no qualifications I guess. Except he wanted physical stuff, of course, like most men. Since I am me, I didn't get involved too much, i.e. not much texting, I was fun, myself, goofy, we hung out, but you know... nothing serious. He told me I was what he was looking for. Okay, fine. I am SUPER OSSUM. I have been told this by so many guys because I will hang out and never get serious, but yes, now there is nothing. I finally texted him with a simple "hey." Nope, nothing.

Oh well! Same old, same old. No offence to the male gender, but seriously... quit telling those of us girls that don't have drama and are supposedly "SUPER OSSUM" that we are what you are looking for and that we are "SUPER OSSUM" and then drop us. We may seem steely and plain goofy, but we do have hearts and that does hurt us.

On another note, mom is still stick and stepdad has dementia. And I did not tell the guy this because again, no drama, and I am "SUPER OSSUM."

sarcasm.gif

Connor, who is now 18 months, has become a master at stripping himself naked. In his crib. Yesterday, after his nap, I went into his room and everything was everywhere. It was in his hair... god, ev-er-y-where.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 28 2011, 09:11 AM)
Connor, who is now 18 months, has become a master at stripping himself naked. In his crib. Yesterday, after his nap, I went into his room and everything was everywhere. It was in his hair... god, ev-er-y-where.

That is the worst. When my youngest was about that same she stripped and covered herself as you describe and "painted" a 2'x3' area of her bedroom wall and about a 2' cirlce on her floor.

I still don't know how I didn't puke.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 28 2011, 07:13 PM)

That is the worst. When my youngest was about that same she stripped and covered herself as you describe and "painted" a 2'x3' area of her bedroom wall and about a 2' cirlce on her floor.

Gross, can't say that happened to me yet.

At 18 months, I remember Ryan was waking up in his crib. Opened the door, it stunk and he looks at me and goes, "Pooed!"

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 28 2011, 07:19 PM)

At 18 months, I remember Ryan was waking up in his crib. Opened the door, it stunk and he looks at me and goes, "Pooed!"

See, this is one reason I don't have chilluns.

Weird, because I can handle anything and everything that animals can exude. Nasty infected pus-filled abscess from a bite? No problem. The dog ate some cat shit and then puked it up later AND left puddles of foul diarrhea everywhere? Not fun, but I can clean all that up and eat dinner afterwards.

Human excretions? Ewwwww.

The Toledo show getting postponed a week so now I can't go. Bye-bye seventh row tickets. I have a feeling I'm going to have a nice struggle with Ticketmaster on my hands dealing with the complexities of refunding a VIP package. Plus what I think are non-refundable hotel reservations...not getting to meet people from here...I've dreamt about all this since last November. I still have Hershey, but it's not going to be the same.

Bottom line, though, I know this is being done to preserve Geddy's voice and keep the guys healthy, and I would never stand in the way of that. GeddyFinal.gif wub.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 28 2011, 04:13 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif

Kids huh? Last week the oldest had some stomach virus and spent four hours hurling all over the house. I had to have the family room and stairwell professionally cleaned. It would have taken me years to get everything out myself. Jeez.

Oh, and then there was the time, again, with child #1, who came into the kitchen to see me. Aw, a visit from my little one. Nice. But wait... he's chewing something. Like gum. Furiously chewing and super happy with himself. What's he chewing on? He had gotten into the cat little box. I felt a combination of 062802puke_prv.gif and facepalm.gif.

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 29 2011, 12:50 AM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 28 2011, 07:19 PM)

See, this is one reason I don't have chilluns.

Weird, because I can handle anything and everything that animals can exude. Nasty infected pus-filled abscess from a bite? No problem. The dog ate some cat shit and then puked it up later AND left puddles of foul diarrhea everywhere? Not fun, but I can clean all that up and eat dinner afterwards.

Human excretions? Ewwwww.

trink39.gif

I got dog crap on my fingers today while trying to bag it. Didn't bother me too much except for the fact that I was going to get the paper too, but I couldn't very well go into the shop with Eric's poopy on my hand, could I? So I had to go all the way back home, wash my hands and go all the way back to the shops again. eyesre4.gif

Nearly missed Stargate, ffs! laugh.gif

But, although I've never experienced it, I don't think I could stop from puking if it came out of a baby. tongue.gif

Yesterday, a girl who's part of the sort of "anxiety group" at my school (a few of us get together with a counselor once a week to talk through whatever's troubling us) got the courage to confess that she was very scared about her 30-year-old cousin being back in town. What made me so upset, though, is the fact that he raped her several years ago, but when she finally told her mom and then the police, she said neither believed her because it happened so long ago! This guy's parents have a restraining order against him and this girl said she's seen him stalking her in his truck. She seemed really, really scared. I can't believe her own mother wouldn't believe her.

Please, parents, if your child ever makes a claim like that, no matter how outlandish it seems, don't dismiss it so readily. Things like this happen more often than you think.

Edited to add that this morning I found out that my band director's mother died and so he's going to be out. What's worse is that last year his brother died, too. Not so much a thing that it made me mad, but I just really feel for him right now... And later this evening I found out my great-uncle passed away. Didn't know either individual, but it's a loss nonetheless.

Edited by CMWriter

Various things. Mostly thoughts that have been bothering me the past few days or so.

First of all was a review I read on Amazon of the Holocaust memoir, Night (Elie Wiesel). A mother wrote in a terrible review saying "Parents beware!" and that schools should no longer have the book as part of the curriculum because her 14-year-old son was moved to tears from reading it. First of all, it's reality, and second of all, there are way worse things kids are exposed to by that age that aren't legitimate truth. I think it's fantastic her son got so into the emotion of the book that was was that moved.

On another review for another Holocaust related book were some reviews by deniers. Ugh! People! (That's all I have to say about that. |: )

And tonight, okay it's kind of a silly thing, but I started reading Auschwitz: A Doctor's Eyewitness Account and the whole thing just makes me shudder and want to throw something all at the same time. That human beings could do such things to other human beings.. I don't care if it was 60 years ago. That's like a blink of an eye in the whole scope of history.

Oh, and not quite as serious or anything, but an idiot nearly ran me over as I was crossing the street to Borders. Ten lanes of traffic... ugh! Not exactly a pedestrian-friendly city I live in. D: