What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

General crappiness of life.

A sucky haircut. The woman who cut it last time wasn't there, even though I'd made my appointment with her...they put me with someone who would "do a great job" and she razor cut my hair way too much.

This is not a good thing when you have naturally curly hair. I have this stupid fuzzy halo thing going on and it sucks.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 10 2010, 02:05 PM)

A sucky haircut. The woman who cut it last time wasn't there, even though I'd made my appointment with her...they put me with someone who would "do a great job" and she razor cut my hair way too much.

This is not a good thing when you have naturally curly hair. I have this stupid fuzzy halo thing going on and it sucks.

I feel you here. My hair could not be any easier to cut - one length, straight. Fine, but not so much that scissors can't grip it. Bangs are easy.

Yet I no longer let anyone touch my bangs - for some reason I had a series of stylists who kept trying to give me Marcia Gaye Harden bangs. Those aren't flattering, even on her.

Well, I was going to post a pic of her for reference, but you do NOT want to know what Photobucket pulls up when you search "Gaye Harden". ohmy.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 10 2010, 01:05 PM)

Could be much worse. Thankfully she didn't color your hair or give it a perm and fry it or discolour it. Give it a day or two and you'll be back to normal. My wife's a hair stylist and I do pay attention. Sometimes.

Or, you could be bald like me. z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 10 2010, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 10 2010, 02:05 PM)

A sucky haircut.  The woman who cut it last time wasn't there, even though I'd made my appointment with her...they put me with someone who would "do a great job" and she razor cut my hair way too much.

This is not a good thing when you have naturally curly hair.  I have this stupid fuzzy halo thing going on and it sucks.

I feel you here. My hair could not be any easier to cut - one length, straight. Fine, but not so much that scissors can't grip it. Bangs are easy.

Yet I no longer let anyone touch my bangs - for some reason I had a series of stylists who kept trying to give me Marcia Gaye Harden bangs. Those aren't flattering, even on her.

Well, I was going to post a pic of her for reference, but you do NOT want to know what Photobucket pulls up when you search "Gaye Harden". ohmy.gif

A friend recommended a styling product that might help me till this mess grows out.

Oy!

And yes...gaye harden... rofl3.gif

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jun 10 2010, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 10 2010, 01:05 PM)

A sucky haircut.  The woman who cut it last time wasn't there, even though I'd made my appointment with her...they put me with someone who would "do a great job" and she razor cut my hair way too much.

This is not a good thing when you have naturally curly hair.  I have this stupid fuzzy halo thing going on and it sucks.

Could be much worse. Thankfully she didn't color your hair or give it a perm and fry it or discolour it. Give it a day or two and you'll be back to normal. My wife's a hair stylist and I do pay attention. Sometimes.

Or, you could be bald like me. z7shysterical.gif

You know what REALLY pisses me off? When I'm pissed off and someone tells me "it could be worse."

angry.gif

Of course you're right, but lemme bitch, huh? I've earned it.

Not pissed off, but having strange dizzy spells when I wake up in the morning. Last couple of days, I woke with the room spinning FAST. This morning it made me sick on my stomach.

Of course, I now feel awful.

Dropping a SHIT load of money on brakes, rotors, struts and some other friggin' ball joint or some doodad on my damn car!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/I_ANGR18.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 10 2010, 04:23 PM)
Not pissed off, but having strange dizzy spells when I wake up in the morning. Last couple of days, I woke with the room spinning FAST. This morning it made me sick on my stomach.

Of course, I now feel awful.

Sounds like you have the virus that we had down here about three or four weeks ago. Same symptoms - - chills, dizzy, nausea. It went around my whole school. And there's no way you can even think of work if this is what you have. Bundle up with a blanket and a good book! It took us a good week before we felt well again.

Nasty bugs floatin' around this year!!! Take good care of yourself!

Especially now that you're a STAR!!!! wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 10 2010, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jun 10 2010, 02:58 PM)
Could be much worse.  Thankfully she didn't color your hair or give it a perm and fry it or discolour it.  Give it a day or two and you'll be back to normal.  My wife's a hair stylist and I do pay attention.  Sometimes.

Or, you could be bald like me.  z7shysterical.gif

You know what REALLY pisses me off? When I'm pissed off and someone tells me "it could be worse."

angry.gif

Of course you're right, but lemme bitch, huh? I've earned it.

bolt.gif

admin.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 10 2010, 10:00 PM)
Got IP banned from the Taylor Swift forums for trolling. No more epic laughs sad.gif

I'm sorry, but that IS funny. I can only imagine what the Taylor Swift forums are like.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 10 2010, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 10 2010, 10:00 PM)
Got IP banned from the Taylor Swift forums for trolling. No more epic laughs sad.gif

I'm sorry, but that IS funny. I can only imagine what the Taylor Swift forums are like.

They are horribly laid out, full of idiots and awful threads.. pretty much designed for people who are addicted to Taylor Swift

I hate my phone bill. I want to cancel my contract. I'm tired of paying through the nose. I'm not made of money. There are limits to what I am willing to pay for a stupid mobile that I never use.

QUOTE (Boots @ Jun 11 2010, 08:16 AM)
I hate my phone bill. I want to cancel my contract. I'm tired of paying through the nose. I'm not made of money. There are limits to what I am willing to pay for a stupid mobile that I never use.

Thank God my carrier has no contracts.

Not sure where you're from, or whom your carrier is with. But, in years past, I was able to call my carrier at the time and ask to switch to a different contract for less or more minutes as I needed. Might be worth investigating.

A couple of options for you could be to:

1) Switch to a no contract carrier with a "Pay as you go" phone. Might have to use it occasionally and top off the minutes every so often. But, my wife and son used that for a couple of years and it was pretty much $20 every 3 months.

2) Keep your current phone and drop the contract if all you use it for is emergencies. All cell phones are supposed to be able to dial 911 without plans. This might only be a USA thing....

3) Drop your land line and switch to an unlimited cell plan. We wound up doing this as every member of the family has a cell phone. The home phone number we switched to my wife's cell so as to not lose the number we've had for 18 years and tell everyone our new phone #. Easier that way.

The nagging old bitches at work are like leopards. They never change their spots. Just when I think one of them might be turning over a new leaf, she'll do something insidious and conniving to remind me of why I hated her in the first place. Never fails.

Sometimes I wish I could just be like Neil Gaiman. Work at home or go traveling and not have to deal with people I can't stand.

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Jun 11 2010, 10:12 AM)
I hate my phone bill.  I want to cancel my contract.  I'm tired of paying through the nose.  I'm not made of money.  There are limits to what I am willing to pay for a stupid mobile that I never use.

Not sure where you're from, or whom your carrier is with. But, in years past, I was able to call my carrier at the time and ask to switch to a different contract for less or more minutes as I needed. Might be worth investigating.

A couple of options for you could be to:

1) Switch to a no contract carrier with a "Pay as you go" phone. Might have to use it occasionally and top off the minutes every so often. But, my wife and son used that for a couple of years and it was pretty much $20 every 3 months.

2) Keep your current phone and drop the contract if all you use it for is emergencies. All cell phones are supposed to be able to dial 911 without plans. This might only be a USA thing....

3) Drop your land line and switch to an unlimited cell plan. We wound up doing this as every member of the family has a cell phone. The home phone number we switched to my wife's cell so as to not lose the number we've had for 18 years and tell everyone our new phone #. Easier that way.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 11 2010, 06:03 PM)
My cousin needs to get the f*ck out of my house before I snap and nobody survives...

This isn't the little cousin? The one who broke your xBox? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Realizing that I dislike spending five hours a day for five more days in driving school. This is cutting into my working out, which I've kind of been slacking on in the last week. I also realized that I've got yearbook ads to sell, and I haven't heard anything from the new teacher, or anyone else for that matter. And then I'll basically spend July traveling (Detroit, Toronto, Raleigh, Blacksburg, and maybe Richmond), so I don't have time for anything, it seems. Yay for summer.