What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

You know what really chaps my ass??? People selling stuff and then calling back saying they want it back... Okay. My little brother spent the week with me and his friend wanted to sell her Nintendo Wii for 65 bucks. w/ two controllers, a steering wheel, and three games. HELL OF A DEAL!! and now her and her brother is telling me they want it back. after my brother has already left out of my city with the money to take it to them. Man I can't have anything! and the bad part about it is that i rented a game for 8 bucks at Hastings.

Sap? On my FB? PM/text that shit to each other, don't act like attention whores.

Waking up at 5am to realize I need to take my 4-year-old to an ER and then going to one pharmacy (not our regular as it wasn't open yet) to be told they don't have everything we need so went to another pharmacy where it took almost an hour. An hour. One f**king hour. Not really cool to make a relatively sleep deprived mom of a toddler wait a long time for two prescriptions with the doctor's words of, "He should have been brought in hours ago" echoing through her head with momentary thoughts of the whoop ass my husband is going to get when I get back home.

Oh, and then getting home to discover the husband had turned off the baby monitor because he didn't want to listen to junior #2 cry.... going to get another can of whoop ass for when that man gets home from work today.

Edited by Janie

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 3 2010, 04:32 PM)
Waking up at 5am to realize I need to take my 4-year-old to an ER and then going to one pharmacy (not our regular as it wasn't open yet) to be told they don't have everything we need so went to another pharmacy where it took almost an hour. An hour. One f**king hour. Not really cool to make a relatively sleep deprived mom of a toddler wait a long time for two prescriptions with the doctor's words of, "He should have been brought in hours ago" echoing through her head with momentary thoughts of the whoop ass my husband is going to get when I get back home.

Oh, and then getting home to discover the husband had turned off the baby monitor because he didn't want to listen to junior #2 cry.... going to get another can of whoop ass for when that man gets home from work today.

I have never understood why it can take so long to count out a bunch of f***ing pills, or pour some liquid into a bottle. Unless you have something that needs compounding - what's the deal here?

Hope Junior #1 is okay!

QUOTE (Jaye @ May 28 2010, 12:26 AM)
Omg...
My possesive baby of a (now ex) bandmate. eh.gif
Frick's sakes...

So did your band break up? That's a shame

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 6 2010, 04:49 PM)
Omg...
Frick's sakes...

Yeah, well the drummer (Paul) left a while ago and we got a new one. But Paul invited me to play with his new band, but the singer/guitarist (Andy) in the old band didn't like that. eyesre4.gif I was quite happy to play in both bands, but Andy told me to choose, basically. wacko.gif So I chose the other band.

I wouldn't have told Andy at all, except the reheasal with Paul's band was straight after the one with Andy's, therefore Andy didn't have to drive me home.

b_sigh.gif

Anyway, I'm with a new band now. tongue.gif

Discovering that we've a convicted meth dealer living on our street. And he has LOTS of visitors, at all hours. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

It's way down on the other end of the street. One of the other neighbors, who lives next door to the tweaker, alerted me. He's done a lot of researching on the guy and has called the cops. The police came, were permitted into the house, and saw nothing to indicate they might need to search further. confused13.gif But they have opened a case file on it just in case. And at least we know there's not a lab in there (those are apparently REALLY obvious because of the smell). So we aren't in danger of getting blown up in the middle of the night.

The neighbor who told me about it isn't giving up - he is contacting some attorneys to find out if he can at least pursue a "nuisance" angle regarding all of the traffic.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2010, 07:21 PM)
Discovering that we've a convicted meth dealer living on our street. And he has LOTS of visitors, at all hours. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I used to have that problem. Guy lived 3 doors down. The guy NEXT DOOR to me used to "train" pit bulls, if you know what I mean.

I moved.

The pit bull thing was the last straw, as I had a 2-year-old and was not about to subject him to the possibility of one those things getting loose while playing in the back yard.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jun 7 2010, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 6 2010, 04:49 PM)
Omg...
Frick's sakes...

Yeah, well the drummer (Paul) left a while ago and we got a new one. But Paul invited me to play with his new band, but the singer/guitarist (Andy) in the old band didn't like that. eyesre4.gif I was quite happy to play in both bands, but Andy told me to choose, basically. wacko.gif So I chose the other band.

I wouldn't have told Andy at all, except the reheasal with Paul's band was straight after the one with Andy's, therefore Andy didn't have to drive me home.

b_sigh.gif

Anyway, I'm with a new band now. tongue.gif

What an idiot..he screwed things up by pressuring you.

Anyway, onwards and upwards....what about the new band? different line up or same? what stuff you playing?

Any links?

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2010, 06:21 PM)

But think how convenient that will be the next time you have to do 3rd shift stuff for work! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 7 2010, 06:02 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2010, 07:21 PM)
Discovering that we've a convicted meth dealer living on our street.  And he has LOTS of visitors, at all hours.  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I used to have that problem. Guy lived 3 doors down. The guy NEXT DOOR to me used to "train" pit bulls, if you know what I mean.

I moved.

The pit bull thing was the last straw, as I had a 2-year-old and was not about to subject him to the possibility of one those things getting loose while playing in the back yard.

The pit bull "trainer" would scare me more than the meth dealer I think! Those dogs are trained to kill.

Growing up, there was some kind of drug dealer who lived two houses down from us. I always suspected he was dealing heroin. He would have the shadiest people going in and out at all hours of the day. And these people did not look good. All were super skinny, hadn't bathed in months, and had nasty sores all over their faces. It was gross. One night police came and were screaming at him to get out of the house, down on the ground, yada yada yada. It was scary. And, someone tried twice to break into our home. The third time they tried, my mom was home.

Yeah, no fun living close to drug dealers. Mara, I would do whatever it took to get that person out of there.

My head hurts from yesterday................... trink38.gif

Husband has broken collarbone. Normally this is not the kind of thing that would piss me off, but he was doing something he'd promised NOT to do (because it's dangerous) and this is the end result.

He works for himself, does not carry disability insurance, and his job is physical. Right now I am seeing red. . .(and not in the mood for lyrical references from a certain Grace Under Pressure song either).

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 7 2010, 01:36 PM)
Husband has broken collarbone. Normally this is not the kind of thing that would piss me off, but he was doing something he'd promised NOT to do (because it's dangerous) and this is the end result.
He works for himself, does not carry disability insurance, and his job is physical. Right now I am seeing red. . .(and not in the mood for lyrical references from a certain Grace Under Pressure song either).

Ahh, jeez...

Some men just won't grow up, huh?

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 7 2010, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 7 2010, 01:36 PM)
Husband has broken collarbone.  Normally this is not the kind of thing that would piss me off, but he was doing something he'd promised NOT to do (because it's dangerous) and this is the end result.
He works for himself, does not carry disability insurance, and his job is physical.  Right now I am seeing red. . .(and not in the mood for lyrical references from a certain Grace Under Pressure song either).

Ahh, jeez...

Some men just won't grow up, huh?

wink.gif

Yep. He WANTS to have surgery to plate it, which will take care of the pain. Not necessary. It will heal fine on its own, with just a cosmetic bump. It's just going to hurt a lot for a while.

I NEED surgery, which I am not having because right now we cannot afford the ridiculous deductible on our insurance policy. Really don't want to finance surgery, but if we have to, it will be MY non-negotiable operation.

So suck it up, buttercup. You've got codeine, take it. I know this sounds harsh, but it was SO preventable in so many ways. And yeah, I did tear a chunk out of his ass over it today, and yeah, I feel like a jerk about it.