Did Will Smith Really Slap Chris Rock's Face on Stage?

Principled Man

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced Friday that Will Smith is banned from attending all academy events, most notably including the Academy Awards, for the next 10 years as penalty for slapping Chris Rock onstage at last month’s Oscars ceremony.

Will probably reduced to 5 years for good behaviour, unless someone else makes a joke about her "disability".

The punishment doesn't fit the crime compared to the others I mentioned in my previous post. I would have done two to three years. On a personal level and even though he's not as high profile, I'd add James Toback for what he did to Rachel McAdams.

I didn't mention Weinstein because he's in prison where he belongs and Cosby is more associated with TV.

Edited by invisible airwave

Congrats to Will Smith on both his very first and very last Oscar.

Last Oscar? I doubt it.

In the hedonistic world of Hollywood and pop culture, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

The Cult of Celebrity guarantees that both Smith and Rock will profit from this "scandal".

the academy may take their Oscar back. Smith probably won't come back from this. His selfish display was beyond the pale. He disgrace their hallowed Hall and they are very pissed I assure you.

I've always thought from the beginning if she is so sensitive about her hair loss why doesnt she just wear a wig, people have been doing it for thousands of years. Perhaps she's too proud to wear one. I find them both equally and completely self-absorbed and very unhappy people.

It was Smith who took it upon himself to defend her. She has been very public about her condition and has worn wigs but decided like some others who have alopecia to go natural. It is also sad that Chris Rock did a movie in 2009 about black women and their hair and dedicated it to his daughters. Why he was so insensitive after that is a head scratcher. Just wish the media would drop it, there are so many other important things going on in the world right now.

• Like 1

Last Oscar? I doubt it.

In the hedonistic world of Hollywood and pop culture, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

The Cult of Celebrity guarantees that both Smith and Rock will profit from this "scandal".

the academy may take their Oscar back. Smith probably won't come back from this. His selfish display was beyond the pale. He disgrace their hallowed Hall and they are very pissed I assure you.

I've always thought from the beginning if she is so sensitive about her hair loss why doesnt she just wear a wig, people have been doing it for thousands of years. Perhaps she's too proud to wear one. I find them both equally and completely self-absorbed and very unhappy people.

It was Smith who took it upon himself to defend her. She has been very public about her condition and has worn wigs but decided like some others who have alopecia to go natural. It is also sad that Chris Rock did a movie in 2009 about black women and their hair and dedicated it to his daughters. Why he was so insensitive after that is a head scratcher.

pun intended?

Last Oscar? I doubt it.

It was Smith who took it upon himself to defend her. She has been very public about her condition and has worn wigs but decided like some others who have alopecia to go natural. It is also sad that Chris Rock did a movie in 2009 about black women and their hair and dedicated it to his daughters. Why he was so insensitive after that is a head scratcher.

pun intended?

Actually no, I looked at it and laughed at the choice of words but left it alone...good catch

• Like 1

Last Oscar? I doubt it.

It was Smith who took it upon himself to defend her. She has been very public about her condition and has worn wigs but decided like some others who have alopecia to go natural. It is also sad that Chris Rock did a movie in 2009 about black women and their hair and dedicated it to his daughters. Why he was so insensitive after that is a head scratcher. Just wish the media would drop it, there are so many other important things going on in the world right now.

You're right. Will Smith laughed at the joke then when he saw that she didn't got up and made an ass of himself on the world stage of the "greatest night in Hollywood". Bazzar if you think about it. He did take it upon himself but I can't help believing she has a lot to do with how he reacted.