Did Will Smith Really Slap Chris Rock's Face on Stage?

Principled Man

Congrats to Will Smith on both his very first and very last Oscar.

Last Oscar? I doubt it.

In the hedonistic world of Hollywood and pop culture, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

The Cult of Celebrity guarantees that both Smith and Rock will profit from this "scandal".

• Like 3

I have to say I appreciate the Alpha male response of a husband defending his wife.

It is hard for me to be impressed with his noble chivalry with the knowledge that he cheated on his wife multiple times.

As I said earlier, his hypocrisy is overwhelming.

• Like 5

And we have the venerable Sean Penn (who is in Ukraine/Poland, doing a documentary on the Ukraine war) who demanded that the Show feature the Ukrainian President.

I suspect Zelensky has bigger problems/concerns/desires than wondering if he is invited to the Oscars.

• Like 3

https://www.thewrap.com/academy-will-smith-slap-formal-review-condemns-actions/

“The Academy condemns the actions of Mr. Smith at last night’s show. We have officially started a formal review around the incident and will explore further action and consequences in accordance with our Bylaws, Standards of Conduct and California law,” the Academy said in a statement.

• Like 1

Last Oscar? I doubt it.

In the hedonistic world of Hollywood and pop culture, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

The Cult of Celebrity guarantees that both Smith and Rock will profit from this "scandal".

Eh, you're probably right.

And we have the venerable Sean Penn (who is in Ukraine/Poland, doing a documentary on the Ukraine war) who demanded that the Show feature the Ukrainian President.

I suspect Zelensky has bigger problems/concerns/desires than wondering if he is invited to the Oscars.

Indeed. I doubt that Zelensky cares about the Oscars at all. This is all about Penn and his self-righteous zealotry.

I have to say I appreciate the Alpha male response of a husband defending his wife.

It is hard for me to be impressed with his noble chivalry with the knowledge that he cheated on his wife multiple times.

As I said earlier, his hypocrisy is overwhelming.

i don't know enough about the guy, but apparently she cheated on him too. i really don't care about will smith, i don't think he's some sort of noble superstar, i've hardly seen any of his movies even. all i know is that it's cool that he defended his wife as an isolated incident

https://www.thewrap....ndemns-actions/

“The Academy condemns the actions of Mr. Smith at last night’s show. We have officially started a formal review around the incident and will explore further action and consequences in accordance with our Bylaws, Standards of Conduct and California law,” the Academy said in a statement.

THROW THE BOOK AT HIM!!!

:lol:

:eyeroll:

The way to handle it was at an after party with TMZ tipped off. Threatening Chris Rock, “say her name again I’ll break my foot off in your ass”. Then maybe a slap.

You don’t need to rehearse a stunt like this at the Staples Center, that can be done anywhere.

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS: Oscar-winning actor Will Smith has announced his next film, which is expected to break all box office records.

Smith will be playing University of Michigan basketball coach Juwan Howard in the eagerly-awaited film, Slappin' That Badger.

UPDATE: What Smith hasn't yet been told about the film:

When the actors are to film the scene with the slap, the Badgers' assistant coach will be played by Dwayne THE ROCK Johnson.

Edited by Principled Man

Will Smith had a Hancock moment.

Luckily for Chris Rock, he didn't call Smith an asshole.....

• Like 1

When he came to the plate, Dodgers catcher WILL SMITH was booed loudly at Surprise Stadium in Arizona.

He then slapped a triple to center. :)

• Like 1

Last Oscar? I doubt it.

the academy may take their Oscar back. Smith probably won't come back from this. His selfish display was beyond the pale. He disgrace their hallowed Hall and they are very pissed I assure you.

I've always thought from the beginning if she is so sensitive about her hair loss why doesnt she just wear a wig, people have been doing it for thousands of years. Perhaps she's too proud to wear one. I find them both equally and completely self-absorbed and very unhappy people.

Last Oscar? I doubt it.

Probably will be now that he's resigned from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (what sciences?).

Last Oscar? I doubt it.

Probably will be now that he's resigned from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (what sciences?).

Maybe, maybe not. Money will be the deciding factor. Smith makes Hollywood a LOT of money just by being in the film.

This will all blow over, and after it does, we'll see Smith in big films again, I think. The Big Money demands it.

The entire world right now just needs to go back to Kindergarten for about a year and just sort things outhttp://www.passionineducation.com/wp-content/uploads/Screen-Shot-2019-07-25-at-10.27.28-AM-1024x1004.png
  • Like 5

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced Friday that Will Smith is banned from attending all academy events, most notably including the Academy Awards, for the next 10 years as penalty for slapping Chris Rock onstage at last month’s Oscars ceremony.