Taylor Hawkins Dead at 50

This Stewart Copeland interview about Taylor is particularly heartwarming. Mentions Neil a good few times as well. Says they were all part of a community.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/taylor-hawkins-remembered-stewart-copeland-police-foo-fighters-appreciation-1235218457/

• Like 4

I was addicted to nicotine for 32 years. I know how difficult it is to be addicted to something and get clean from it. It is by far the hardest thing I've ever done, and it's not even close. He tried, many times to get sober and was unable to do so. He was also a nicotine addict and never beat it either. I will give you that smoking cigarettes at the very beginning was a choice on both our parts and a bad one considering we knew the health repercussions. But with him and alcohol, he simply had no idea. There wasn't a choice...

This post reminded me of a movie scene...

http://youtu.be/uUPHlAbAf2I

Is there a point to this post?

You're an idiot?

Really? Well, better than being an asshole.

Oh and fukk you you fukking piece of shit.

Edited by driventotheedge

I was addicted to nicotine for 32 years. I know how difficult it is to be addicted to something and get clean from it. It is by far the hardest thing I've ever done, and it's not even close. He tried, many times to get sober and was unable to do so. He was also a nicotine addict and never beat it either. I will give you that smoking cigarettes at the very beginning was a choice on both our parts and a bad one considering we knew the health repercussions. But with him and alcohol, he simply had no idea. There wasn't a choice...

You're an idiot?

Given the context of this exchange (especially since you edited out some of driven's original post which provided more context of a personal nature), and given the thread that it resides in, your replies are uncalled for.

• Like 1

You're an idiot?

You live up to your name. Because of your edgelord crap, he's taking a leave of absence. Smooth move, ex lax. You deserve a backhand from Will Smith. GFY

jz34aWV.gif

Edited by invisible airwave

You're an idiot?

Given the context of this exchange (especially since you edited out some of driven's original post which provided more context of a personal nature), and given the thread that it resides in, your replies are uncalled for.

It was spot on. On behalf of people who struggle with this, the nicotine analogy is pure 100% bullshit. Spade is a spade after all.

You're an idiot?

Really? Well, better than being an asshole.

Oh and fukk you you fukking piece of shit.

Huh, well I'm supposed to feel bad about my reply then? You seem brilliantly wonderful. What a loss my life without you is going to continue to be.

You live up to your name. Because of your edgelord crap, he's taking a leave of absence. Smooth move, ex lax. You deserve a backhand from Will Smith. GFY

jz34aWV.gif

I don't know you or what your reply has to do with this exchange. Telling someone to f**k off [or calling them a dick] isn't particularly lofty social etiquette, or rising above whatever fray you feel is being violated. So, another "not sorry to never have known you"?

Edited by stoopid

This documentary from 11 years ago has a different feel now whenever Taylor is interviewed. He talked about nearly dying from his first overdose on Heroin. I guess his demons came back and this time he wasn't so lucky.

Edited by TheGhostRider

I'm a bit surprised at the amount of accolades this guy is getting both from old school musicians and celebs and more recent ones. I don't remember any recent drummer getting this many not even Neil Peart. And lots of other musicians have died in recent years but most of them don't get all this love. I'm not a fan of the band, but even if I was I'd be surprised. Just seems a bit strange to me, I don't get it. :huh:
  • Like 3

I'm a bit surprised at the amount of accolades this guy is getting both from old school musicians and celebs and more recent ones. I don't remember any recent drummer getting this many not even Neil Peart. And lots of other musicians have died in recent years but most of them don't get all this love. I'm not a fan of the band, but even if I was I'd be surprised. Just seems a bit strange to me, I don't get it. :huh:

It’s at least as much to do with his work and his skills as it is his personality and how he handled himself around both fans and fellow musicians of all ages and stages in life. He was loved because he was so loving of others.

• Like 6

This documentary from 11 years ago has a different feel now whenever Taylor is interviewed. He talked about nearly dying from his first overdose on Heroin. I guess his demons came back and this time he wasn't so lucky.

Same thing happened to Philip Seymour Hoffman as well.

• Like 1

It’s at least as much to do with his work and his skills as it is his personality and how he handled himself around both fans and fellow musicians of all ages and stages in life. He was loved because he was so loving of others.

He seemed like a genuinely kind person.
  • Like 6