Taylor Hawkins Dead at 50

I’m sure some of you have heard already but for those who haven’t the Foo Fighters drummer died yesterday under unclear circumstances at 50. No cause of death has been released but preliminary reports say that he was complaining of Chest Pain right before he died. I feel since they had a close personal connection to Rush that this hit closer to home.

Here’s some news articles about it:

https://apnews.com/a...6b313144fbee285

https://www.google.c...s-dead.amp.html

MOD EDIT: This was from another thread started in the Rush section.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 1

Really sad news. RIP Taylor.

He was a big fan of two of my favorite bands (Rush and Yes) and will be missed. My condolences to his family and the rest of the Foo Fighters.

Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 1

I’m sure some of you have heard already but for those who haven’t the Foo Fighters drummer died yesterday under unclear circumstances at 50. No cause of death has been released but preliminary reports say that he was complaining of Chest Pain right before he died. I feel since they had a close personal connection to Rush that this hit closer to home.

Here’s some news articles about it:

https://apnews.com/a...6b313144fbee285

https://www.google.c...s-dead.amp.html

MOD EDIT: This was from another thread started in the Rush section.

Thanks for migrating my response. Didn’t know this thread was already started over here.

Edited by TheGhostRider
  • Like 2

I just logged in and saw the thread -

I was watching tv early this morning - mtv or something - multiple FooFighters videos - By video #3, I switched channels because Everlong makes me sad (my ending marriage) but otherwise thought nothing of it.

Now I know why....

Goddammitt, this is INSANE! Well, just F**K :(!!!

To the Foo Fighters - the band members and their families, their friends, their fans - I am so sorry. RIP, Taylor :rose:

• Like 5

I am so broken up about this. At first I thought it was an Internet hoax. I loved that man so much, even more than Dave Grohl. He was a kind, gentle soul and one of the hardest working musicians in the business. He influenced so many of his peers and inspired thousands of kids to buy a drum kit. He had so much energy, was always smiling, and larger than life. His Instagram posts always cheered me up whenever I was having a bad day. The music industry has lost a wonderful man. I feel so bad for Dave. This is the second time he's lost a close friend and bandmate. RIP Taylor, forever in our hearts. :rose:
  • Like 7

Reported 10 substances found in his room.

Among the drugs found by a urine toxicological test performed by officials were marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines, the statement said. An exact cause of death was not announced, and the National Institute of Forensic Medicine continues to investigate, the attorney general said.

Not that it really matters at this point.

If these were prescribed, his doctor should be sued into oblivion knowing his history.

Brings me back to when my ex died after years of addiction. Died in her sleep with enough junk in her system to take down a horse, including xanax and oxycontin. Cleaning out her house I found 4 months of prefilled out scripts for oxy even though she'd been to rehab. f***ing doctors.

• Like 3

Among the drugs found by a urine toxicological test performed by officials were marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants and benzodiazepines, the statement said. An exact cause of death was not announced, and the National Institute of Forensic Medicine continues to investigate, the attorney general said.

If these were prescribed, his doctor should be sued into oblivion knowing his history.

Brings me back to when my ex died after years of addiction. Died in her sleep with enough junk in her system to take down a horse, including xanax and oxycontin. Cleaning out her house I found 4 months of prefilled out scripts for oxy even though she'd been to rehab. f***ing doctors.

Michael Jackson, Prince, Tom Petty, Glenn Frey, Chris Cornell...I'm sensing a pattern.

• Like 4

Just a quick internet search says that two of those drugs can be used as treatment for insomnia. A serious doctor f**k up indeed if these were prescription meds. If this was something avoidable and not just some random medical episode than this death is ten times more tragic than it already is.

• Like 3

This is so sad, I was afraid it would be drug related, like Tom Petty too many medications at once. I really feel for his family, 3 children without a dad now.
  • Like 6

RIP

I liked his enthusiasm and energy.

People will argue about decriminalization, legalization and taxation, blah blah blah….I don’t care.

One of the greatest threats to our society is still drugs. Legal, illegal, pharmaceuticals, street drugs….they are a cancer to us all.

• Like 5

I don’t want to make assumptions about cause of death. If it’s all of those drugs, if it’s a random heart attack, it’s still a tragedy.
  • Like 6

It just isn't fair. Even after being behind the kit of some of my favorite music for my entire lifetime, it seems like he was really on the cusp of a fruitful new phase in his career as a musician. And that's the least unfair thing about it. I was just thinking of something he said about his children in an interview I watched last night, what kinds of music they were into, and how one of his kids who was just getting into Nirvana asked him if he could get Dave to play drums on his new solo stuff. This interview was from like, a couple years ago at most, frankly it might have been a couple months ago. Then I thought about if my dad had passed away at age 50, I'd have still been in high school. I can't imagine that pain, that feeling of incompleteness, that unending grief to lose a parent so young. To pair that with the fact that Taylor was a major rock star, and there have been people claiming his death had something to do with some conspiracy or another.... I wouldn't know what to feel, I wouldn't be able to process all that loaded talk about someone I loved more than anyone. I hope his family never has to read any of those messages about Taylor.

EDIT: for clarification, the conspiracy messages I was referring to are from people denouncing the covid vaccine as some kind of time bomb death serum, and claiming that's what killed him.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

I don’t want to make assumptions about cause of death. If it’s all of those drugs, if it’s a random heart attack, it’s still a tragedy.

The final medical reports aren't in yet. He is reported to have also had an enlarged heart.

• Like 5

People will argue about decriminalization, legalization and taxation, blah blah blah….I don’t care.

One of the greatest threats to our society is still drugs. Legal, illegal, pharmaceuticals, street drugs….they are a cancer to us all.

Just because you make a statement doesn't make it true.....

I was giving my opinion. That's what we do here; we give our opinions. I don't care if people agree or disagree with me.

Edited by Principled Man

I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read this. I haven't been a big, and or huge "Foo Fighters" fan, but like some of their songs, and they have earned my respect. No matter how Taylor passed away from, and what happened to him, he will be, and is missed, and remembered. What his family, friends, band, and group must be feeling, and experiencing. My condolences, sympathies, and thoughts to them. R.I.P., Taylor. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 5

I was giving my opinion. That's what we do here; we give our opinions. I don't care if people agree or disagree with me.

And my opinion was that I disagree with you...no biggie

Michael Jackson, Prince, Tom Petty, Glenn Frey, Chris Cornell...I'm sensing a pattern.

That drugs - prescribed or elicit - are a top killer of Americans, especially the young?

Or general human stupidity?

I was never really into the Foo Fighters at all. We do one of their songs in my band but I can't say I know more than 1 or 2 others. All I remember of Hawkins is the speech inducting Rush into the rock and roll hall of fame. He was bouncing off the walls so much I wondered back then if he was on something.

RIP, Taylor Hawkins. :rose: Here are two photos of Taylor and Neil together in happier times.

2v9ESerl.jpg a4MFDhMl.jpg

Rock N Roll Hall of Fame ceremony 2013; // Doane Perry (Jethro Tull drummer), Chad Smith, Taylor Hawkins, Neil, Stewart Copeland backstage at R40, 2015

What that saying about the band in heaven?

• Like 2

I was never really into the Foo Fighters at all. We do one of their songs in my band but I can't say I know more than 1 or 2 others. All I remember of Hawkins is the speech inducting Rush into the rock and roll hall of fame. He was bouncing off the walls so much I wondered back then if he was on something.

He could have been but he seems like an excitable guy in general and in that situation he was probably pretty amped but who wouldn't be?

A report in a major Colombian newspaper also named heroin as one of the drugs allegedly found in Hawkins’ system, and said that forensic were “shocked” by the size of the rocker’s “enlarged heart.”

Colombian publication Semana reported that the size of Hawkins’ heart - at over 600 grams, around twice the weight of a typical adult male’s heart - played a part in his passing with a “cocktail of narcotics” in his system.

A report in a major Colombian newspaper also named heroin as one of the drugs allegedly found in Hawkins’ system, and said that forensic were “shocked” by the size of the rocker’s “enlarged heart.”

Colombian publication Semana reported that the size of Hawkins’ heart - at over 600 grams, around twice the weight of a typical adult male’s heart - played a part in his passing with a “cocktail of narcotics” in his system.

Okay I know I said I didn't want to speculate, but I have been thinking about this and...

Everything I've read from anyone who was close with Taylor has said he's been clean of the heavy stuff for years, ever since that scary overdose in the early 00s. I know relapses happen, and I'm not an addict so I don't personally understand what it is that addicts go through, but do relapses really happen with coke and heroine and prescriptions and everything else that was in his system all at once? I'm asking honestly, because I don't want to make any assumptions about a field I know very little about. It just strikes me, a totally uneducated person on this topic, as completely out of character with everything I've heard about him in his past 20 years or so. I just don't understand what would drive someone to mix all that together in their system at once after being clean of the really bad stuff for so long. Can anyone enlighten me? Does this sort of thing happen when you're addicted?

• Like 1