Taylor Hawkins Dead at 50

Wikipedia says it was a heroin overdose. My f***ing god.

https://en.wikipedia.../Taylor_Hawkins

It might be true, but I definitely wouldn't trust Wiki yet.

Wiki removed any mention of an overdose, from what I can tell.

The more I think about, I can't imagine he would go back to doing that. That would be a big surprise.

They were supposed to play tonight in Bogata, Columbia, with one more gig in South America Sunday night before a one-month break. Unreal....

• Like 1

He OD'd on heroin two decades ago and was in a coma for two weeks. I'm gonna be pissed if his demons came back to get him. Same thing happened when PS Hoffman and Scott Weiland died. I'm fearing the worst like I did when I first heard about Cornell since he showed hints of depression but seemed to overcome it in his later years especially on his solo Higher Truth album.

Goddamn, I feel for Dave. First Kurt and now him and this was the day the new Dream Widow EP was digitally released. This is like Bowie's Blackstar album two days before his death. Fitting since he's said many times that Under Pressure is his favorite song.

RIP and say hi to :Neil: , Bonzo, Moon, Watts, Baker, etc..

Peart too. "Drums in the forefront where they belong...and who let the drummer write the f***ing lyrics? Rush did baby...... "

Great rock and roll induction speech there. The same year the aforementioned Cornell inducted Heart. Would love to see Ann and Nancy return the favor if those lazy jackasses in Cleveland finally made them nominated for once.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 3

It might be true, but I definitely wouldn't trust Wiki yet.

Wiki removed any mention of an overdose, from what I can tell.

Yeah, this is how disinformation spreads. I'm sorry.

• Like 1

Neil's passing away was tragic but at least he had time with his family and friends. I can't imagine how I would feel with a loved one passing away suddenly thousands of miles from home. :(
  • Like 9

What stands out to me here is all of the drummers that worked together to play Taylor’s part for this project:

• Like 3

He OD'd on heroin two decades ago and was in a coma for two weeks. I'm gonna be pissed if his demons came back to get him. Same thing happened when PS Hoffman and Scott Weiland died. I'm fearing the worst like I did when I first heard about Cornell since he showed hints of depression but seemed to overcome it in his later years especially on his solo Higher Truth album.

Goddamn, I feel for Dave. First Kurt and now him and this was the day the new Dream Widow EP was digitally released. This is like Bowie's Blackstar album two days before his death. Fitting since he's said many times that Under Pressure is his favorite song.

RIP and say hi to :Neil: , Bonzo, Moon, Watts, Baker, etc..

Peart too. "Drums in the forefront where they belong...and who let the drummer write the f***ing lyrics? Rush did baby...... "

Hence, the emoji.

I know my cousin in law is devastated. They were his favorite band and they were his favorite band and saw them a number of times in concert. He even filmed them performing Jump by VH to the tune of Imagine by Lennon at some festival. He and his wife, my cousin, grew up in the same OC area as Taylor since he grew up in Laguna. My cousins are originally from Huntington Beach and Fountain Valley.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

RIP, Taylor Hawkins. :rose: Here are two photos of Taylor and Neil together in happier times.

2v9ESerl.jpg a4MFDhMl.jpg

Rock N Roll Hall of Fame ceremony 2013; // Doane Perry (Jethro Tull drummer), Chad Smith, Taylor Hawkins, Neil, Stewart Copeland backstage at R40, 2015

• Like 11

This is not confirmed, the article refers to him overdosing on heroin in 2001. Right now there is no statement from authorities in Columbia.

So very sad and way too young :rose: :(

• Like 4

Saw Taylor backstage at the Nokia for S/A. He was pumped to meet NP. He corralled Danny Carey, Brad Wilk and Chad Smith and said “it’s time to meet the professor!” - he didn’t sound boisterous though - he was nervous. He was a true artist and inspiring as a drummer - living the dream, as well as writing his own songs and performing them.

I thought the Foo Fighters got pretty stale after Wasting Light - but every time Taylor was featured in any way it the group gained so much authenticity. He was the soul of that band no question.

• Like 4

I've never been a fan of Foo Fighters at all. But Grohl and Hawkins always seemed to pop up in programs about other artists. One thing that came through was that Hawkins LOVED music, and really loved other artists. And judging from the media accounts since yesterday, the feeling was mutual across the spectrum of styles. I have no personal knowledge of how good he was, but I doubt he would have been as sought out to comment on other artists if he WASN'T a great player himself.

I'm 54. Good God, 50 is SO young. RIP.

• Like 9

Bogotá's emergency center sent an ambulance to the hotel after receiving reports of "a patient with chest pains," according to the Spanish-language press release.

Upon arrival, a health care professional initiated a resuscitation process to revive Hawkins; "however, there was no response, and the patient was declared deceased," Bogotá's District Department of Health said.

• Like 1