Taylor Hawkins Dead at 50

Saw the Facebook post from the official foo fighters page minutes after it was posted and I thought their page was hacked or something.. really shocking. He was a great solid rock drummer.

Grohl must be just devastated.

• Like 3

I can't process this, so I'm just going to share one of my favorite videos of Taylor. He happed to be a massive Queen fan, in addition to everything else.

http://youtu.be/-xuxI_3jNWs

• Like 2

They were currently touring in South America and due to play in Columbia. It's safe to say that this was unexpected.
  • Like 1

He OD'd on heroin two decades ago and was in a coma for two weeks. I'm gonna be pissed if his demons came back to get him. Same thing happened when PS Hoffman and Scott Weiland died. I'm fearing the worst like I did when I first heard about Cornell since he showed hints of depression but seemed to overcome it in his later years especially on his solo Higher Truth album. When I found out it was suicide, I cried my eyes out. That and Petty the same year really damaged me emotionally.

Goddamn, I feel for Dave. First Kurt and now him and this was the day the new Dream Widow EP was digitally released. This is like Bowie's Blackstar album two days before his death. Fitting since he's said many times that Under Pressure is his favorite song.

RIP and say hi to :Neil: , Bonzo, Moon, Watts, Baker, etc..

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 3

This is so sad; he was only 50 and has three kids. The Foo Fighters are on tour in South America right now. What an awful thing to happen; it's unbelievable. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 5

He OD'd on heroin two decades ago and was in a coma for two weeks. I'm gonna be pissed if his demons came back to get him. Same thing happened when PS Hoffman and Scott Weiland died. I'm fearing the worst like I did when I first heard about Cornell since he showed hints of depression but seemed to overcome it in his later years especially on his solo Higher Truth album.

Goddamn, I feel for Dave. First Kurt and now him and this was the day the new Dream Widow EP was digitally released. This is like Bowie's Blackstar album two days before his death. Fitting since he's said many times that Under Pressure is his favorite song.

RIP and say hi to :Neil: , Bonzo, Moon, Watts, Baker, etc..

Peart too. "Drums in the forefront where they belong...and who let the drummer write the f***ing lyrics? Rush did baby...... "

• Like 5

Wikipedia says it was a heroin overdose. My f***ing god.

https://en.wikipedia.../Taylor_Hawkins

It might be true, but I definitely wouldn't trust Wiki yet.

Wiki removed any mention of an overdose, from what I can tell.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

Wikipedia says it was a heroin overdose. My f***ing god.

https://en.wikipedia.../Taylor_Hawkins

It might be true, but I definitely wouldn't trust Wiki yet.

Wiki removed any mention of an overdose, from what I can tell.

The more I think about, I can't imagine he would go back to doing that. That would be a big surprise.

• Like 5

Some forget he was the touring drummer for Alanis when Jagged Little Pill came out. He's in the videos for You Outta Know and You Learn. Remember the pie throwing scene from the latter?

Flea and Dave Navarro actually play on You Outta Know with Benmont of the Heartbreakers on keyboards.

• Like 2