Golf hacking 2022

edhunter

On 7/21/2022 at 1:05 PM, goose said:

Shot 84 yesterday, burning a lot of edges on makeable putts.  It was a 5+ hour round, which is a bit long.

Shot 84 on Lakeridge again last Monday.  Should have been an 80 but I tried driver off the deck a couple of times instead of wedge-wedge.  Wanna make a double or triple bogie?  Just play for eagle!

I did make back to back birdies on holes 9 and 10, and the former held up for a nice $80 payoff.  My partner and I finished fourth.

• Haha 1

Played 18 for the first time this year yesterday. Somewhat of an uppity course. 18 only, must ride. A guy comes out to the first tee with the instructions about pace of play and stuff like that. The course was nice, but not THAT nice. Several fairways were completely covered in divots. Shot 100 on the nose, 55 out, 45 in. So close....

Two days earlier I played quite possibly the dumpiest course ever. No tee boxes, no fairways, just really short mowed grass. The tee area was so compact I had difficulty getting the tee in the ground on some holes. Managed to shoot a 46. I was surprised we went there because my guitarist ( who set it up)  is sorta really well off, the drummer is now an inheritance millionaire and I'm at least well off enough to afford a decent course. First time I've ever seen 3 lefties in one foursome.

• Like 1

So, my Wednesday league started up again three weeks ago.  It's packed with fun guys and we always play a fun format.  So far the top golfer, a former MLB pitcher, has been to busy to join in.   I've been playing well over tge three weeks, making six, two and four birdies respectively each week. My teams won it all in weeks #1 and #3, and finished 2nd in week #2.  

$$$ :cheer:

6 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

RIP Tom Weiskopf, 1942-2022, winner of 1973 British Open, of pancreatic cancer.

My first clubs back in the mid-80s were a half set of Tom Weiskopf irons. RIP Tom. :rose: 

• Like 1

I think in the First Annual TRF Golf Invitational, Edhunter and I will be in the same group, as I keep going out and shooting 51! To be fair, I shot 46 last Friday, but I couldn't get on in regulation yesterday and then dunked the ball on my hoodoo hole, so it's 51 again, my "mode" score for the season.

Who's buying the first round of drinks?

So I finally broke 50 on our regular course this morning with a 48.  It felt weird because I did not par a single hole, but I also didn't have any triples either.   6 bogeys and 3 doubles.  On every hole where I hit a duffed shot, my next shot was a really decent recovery.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, edhunter said:

So I finally broke 50 on our regular course this morning with a 48.  It felt weird because I did not par a single hole, but I also didn't have any triples either.   6 bogeys and 3 doubles.  On every hole where I hit a duffed shot, my next shot was a really decent recovery.

:7up:

Congrat's!

Went out yesterday in what might be my final round of the year and played 18 at the really nice course in my hometown (Wachusett GC).   I am crediting myself with a 99.  On the 15th hole my drive went right, which it never does as a lefty, right along the tree line.  Right when I got to the spot to look for it,  I looked up and one of my group's push carts was rolling down the hill past me and he was nowhere in sight. It headed Into the woods and had it not been for a drainpipe would have fallen down an 8' ditch.  I was able to stand it up so nothing fell out but not pull it out from the leverage point that I had. I held it until someone could get to me and pull it out of the pricker bushes.  After that I had no time to actually look for my ball so I just dropped one and then hit 2 really nice shots and wound up parring the hole.  I didn't take the penalty stroke because I had done my good deed.  Pretty sure my ball was in the woods though...😇

• Haha 1

After missing last week, I got off to a slow start, losing my first tee shot! I took an 8 on #1. Righted the ship a bit after that, finished my nine with a 50, including a par on my hoodoo hole, but I left too many approach putts short, giving myself too much to do on the next one(s).

Late October golf in Minnesota is always a treat!  Sunny and 78 degrees!  :biggrin:

Had several good holes …..and too many putts that lipped out, but it was such a beautiful day that I didn’t care.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

I had hung up the clubs for the season, but got invited to play a comp'd round tomorrow so I'll brave the elements and get a bonus fall round in.  I hope the course isn't on a long frost delay...

Lol senior league golf and high handicap sandbaggers

My buddy, a 16 handicapper,  shot 79 today ...which netted him a 3rd place tie for a $13 shared purse .  :biggrin:

Tuesday I shot 84...after being +6 after the first two holes.  Today I shot 78...with six three putts, lol.

Striking the ball as well as I ever have. 

• Like 1

Another 78 yesterday.  2-under through the first six, then I took off my sweatshirt and went bogie-par-double-bogie-double, lol.  I put my sweatshirt back on and made par-par-birdie-bogie-par-bogie.

:confused:

On 5/31/2023 at 9:11 AM, Nova Carmina said:

On Monday, a 48, and I'm happy.  On Tuesday, a 52, and I want to throw myself into the water hazard on hole #6. The search for consistency goes on.

You want consistency?  Thursday I shot my third 78 in a row.  Made four birdies, two of which held up for skins.  I'm really enjoying the return to form