The Cassette Comeback?

Laurabw

If they could solve the tape stretch and tangle it would be great!

And horrible sonic noisefloor, general poor fidelity (even with dolby), signal bleed, susceptibility to melt/heat damage, and players needing maintenance (either cleaning heads or opening them to replace worn/broken belts).

Other than that, a stellar easy peasy music playback medium.

• Like 1

And horrible sonic noisefloor, general poor fidelity (even with dolby), signal bleed, susceptibility to melt/heat damage, and players needing maintenance (either cleaning heads or opening them to replace worn/broken belts).

:lol:

The vinyl revival makes sense,but for the reasons you mention, this one not so much.

• Like 2

The vinyl revival makes more sense, but for the reasons you mention, this one not so much.

Fixed ;)

[vinyl has its own flagrant set of flaws and is only next up the ladder of playback media options]

The vinyl revival makes more sense, but for the reasons you mention, this one not so much.

Fixed ;)

[vinyl has its own flagrant set of flaws and is only next up the ladder of playback media options]

You say flaws, I say character!

• Like 1

Fixed ;)

Yeah, the annoying crackling, hissing and popping adds so much character to the vinyl listening experience.

• Like 2

Fixed ;)

Yeah, the annoying crackling, hissing and popping adds so much character to the vinyl listening experience.

Character!!

Fixed ;)

Character!!

Illusory-truth effect.

Also, a good name for a prog band.

• Like 1

Fixed ;)

Character!!

Illusory-truth effect.

Well I like it :P

Fixed ;)

Character!!

Illusory-truth effect.

Well I like it :P

The physical packaging of vinyl is unmatched in the music industry. Playing the FLAC file is greatly enhanced by holding the actual album jacket, the liner notes, etc. THAT is the added value of vinyl.
  • Like 4

and all the pretty colors of vinyl now. :)

But I also hear that there's some tapes being made in different colors.

• Like 1

Better keep posting, to keep the thread rumbling on. I have all my old cassettes from 80s and 90s and want to get a bit of a buzz going about their value. :cool:
  • Like 1