Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

18 minutes ago, Krystal said:

220px-Whenastrangercallsoriginal.jpg

I saw that one a few months back, it's pretty good. The guy who played the killer, Tony Beckley, died six months after the premiere of the film of a mysterious illness. Charles Durning meanwhile is the man!

• Like 2

When a Stranger Calls, Black Christmas and Scream are all based on the same urban legend.  I thought one was copying the other, but it's an urban legend that dates back to the 1950s. There was an actual babysitter named Janett Christman who was murdered. The killer kept telling her to "check the children." There's actually a dozen different movies and remakes that are based on that one case. The next remake will probably use a cell phone instead of a landline.  Or they will be texting instead of calling. 

Edited by Krystal
  • Like 1

Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3

Well, I'm glad that's over.....what a mess! 

It had some redeeming parts to it, and the ending was pretty good, but overall, I was totally bored by the redundant arguing and juvenile vulgarities.  2 hours, 30 minutes ......it could have cut off 30 minutes and been just fine.  The villains were disappointing.  Rocket's origin story was really good.  

The soundtrack mostly consisted of more modern songs.  The film started off with a Radiohead song that I cannot stand.  All of the songs were way too loud.  I felt like I was seeing a prolonged music video.   

I give Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3 a grade of C - minus.  No Blu-Ray purchase for me!   

Edited by Principled Man

On 5/15/2023 at 6:03 PM, treeduck said:

I saw that one a few months back, it's pretty good. The guy who played the killer, Tony Beckley, died six months after the premiere of the film of a mysterious illness. Charles Durning meanwhile is the man!

I saw the one that went straight to Showtime but only because it was on Rifftrax.  They had a habit of direct to TV sequels in the 90s with Psycho IV and The Birds II.

As for Another You, one of the worst comedies I've recently seen old or new and on the same aforementioned network, oddly enough. See/Hear No Evil had it's moments but they've done better.  Sad swan song for both of them on the silver screen, not counting the Lost Highway cameo.

Kill Bill Vol. 2

"Beyotch, you don't have a future."

Edited by invisible airwave

I knew someone like this-- a talking encyclopedia.

220px-All_about_steve_poster.jpg

Witness

Harrison Ford, Kelly McGillis and Lukas Haas were outstanding.   The story, the suspense and the cinematography were stellar.  

You be careful out there among them English, John Book…

• Like 4

On 5/16/2023 at 3:40 AM, Krystal said:

When a Stranger Calls, Black Christmas and Scream are all based on the same urban legend.  I thought one was copying the other, but it's an urban legend that dates back to the 1950s. There was an actual babysitter named Janett Christman who was murdered. The killer kept telling her to "check the children." There's actually a dozen different movies and remakes that are based on that one case. The next remake will probably use a cell phone instead of a landline.  Or they will be texting instead of calling. 

To be fair to Scream though, the whole concept of the film was to pay tribute and gently mock the tropes and classic moments of the slasher genre. The opening scene was a full blown homage to When A Stranger Calls. Wes Craven was very open about that

Alyson Hannigan in this movie about a woman who was kidnapped by a former student because she gave him a bad grade and he was denied a scholarship.

It was based on a true story.  That's why I'm glad I never became a teacher like my father.  

p17279396_v_h8_ab.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, treeduck said:

What was that one like?

I liked it. I thought it was funny.    The person i went with said it was a so so movie.   Whatever that means.  haha   Happy Moemorial day !

• Like 1

The soundtrack to this movie has 9 songs that were written by Sting. 

Someone is a fan or a friend of The Police.

220px-Just_Go_with_It_Poster.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Krystal said:

The soundtrack to this movie has 9 songs that were written by Sting. 

Someone is a fan or a friend of The Police.

220px-Just_Go_with_It_Poster.jpg

Adam Sandler movies tend to have good soundtracks, I'll give them that much.  I stopped with his comedies after that one so I thankfully missed out on Jack and Jill.  Saw it on some screen recently at a physical therapy session for my work related injury.  It was on the TBS channel.

m83jn1L.jpg

Sort of an 80s spiritual sequel to Landis' Kentucky Fried Movie.  The latter is better in spite of then unknowns breaking through like Arsenio and David Alan Grier.