Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

4 hours ago, treeduck said:

I just watched that the other week.

It's so funny. It'd been a while, and I was in the mood for it today.

• Like 1

Horror in the High Desert

I lived in the Northeast NV  area for five years in the 80s,  so all the geographical references hit home.  Pretty well done, I thought

"Leon: the Professional"

Am a big fan of Jean Reno, and he was perfect for the role of Leon, a professional hitman and now unlikely child-minder for lost, lonely and vengeful 12 year old Matilda (another truly wonderful performance by Natalie Portman). And of course the appearance of wild man and cold-blooded killer, Gary Oldman, is a bonus.

Despite repeat viewings I still feel a little uncomfortable with the "flirty" relationship going on - perceived or otherwise - between Leon and the 12 year old. But other than that this is a stellar thriller with an exceptional performance from Portman and a pounding score by the ever-dependable, Eric Sera.

4/5 

270225919_10159556751976445_302624470163

• Like 4

15 hours ago, treeduck said:

iY17TX561JAPygJnUc5kBtvXBo6.jpg

One of my favourite movies. Never thought it got the acclaim it deserved. See also The Killer Inside Me (I read the book first and loved the film too).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

One of my favourite movies. Never thought it got the acclaim it deserved. See also The Killer Inside Me (I read the book first and loved the film too).

Harris and Viggo were both good, but I thought William Hurt played a really scary mobster and maybe stole the show. He had a mad look in his eyes, mad as a hatter! :ohmy:

15 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

I remember seeing the premiere of this on Showtime at my Uncle's house as a kid.

pQEV1jv.jpg

That has extra points from he because it's one of few films to feature Andrew Robinson (Scorpio from Dirty Harry). I saw another one the other day Trancers III, he stole the film of course.

• Like 2

x1080

Ranks as one of my ultimate French classics. A superb tense thriller from start to almost finish. The only weakest link for me was the ending, which was just a little bit too silly and out of place with the drama leading up to it. Other than that this is a masterpiece of French cinema.

4/5

• Like 1

15 hours ago, treeduck said:

That has extra points from he because it's one of few films to feature Andrew Robinson (Scorpio from Dirty Harry). I saw another one the other day Trancers III, he stole the film of course.

Can't forget his role in Hellraiser.  I'm a subscriber to the Joe Bob Briggs archive page run by Darcy the Mail Girl and she just uploaded some clip of him on his Movie Channel show with JBB interviewing him for "Slimeball Month".  One of those was Trancers III.

Also, you can't go wrong with 

Spoiler

Clancy Brown as the villain.

• Like 1