Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

1millionyearsbc.jpg

Okay, so this no Citizen Kane, Godfather or a Shawshank, but for what it lacks in acting abilities, script, dialogue and drama it certainly makes up for in sheer unadulterated Saturday Morning entertainment!

The dinosaurs are great (and still stand the test of time, almost); the action pretty decent, a few gory moments and a surprising ending.

But let's not kid ourselves. What makes this film stand out (no pun intended) is the delectable Ms Welch. Easy on the eye, not so much on the ears. She made the film fun to watch way back when I was a kid over 40 years ago, to today after rewatching it for the first time in a decade.

3/5

Edited by Sonatine
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, treeduck said:

were-the-millers-2013.jpg

I love this movie. There's a great deleted scene with Ben Folds.

I had the biggest crush on Emma Roberts back in the day. When she was a teenager, she starred on a Nickelodeon show that I liked.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I love this movie. There's a great deleted scene with Ben Folds.

I had the biggest crush on Emma Roberts back in the day. When she was a teenager, she starred on a Nickelodeon show that I liked.

I was wondering who that guy was actually!

First time I saw her was in American Horror Story. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I was wondering who that guy was actually!

First time I saw her was in American Horror Story. 

I'm a big fan of Ben Folds. His old band had some hits in the late 90s. He's had a pretty good solo career too.

She was on several seasons of American Horror Story. She was also in a pretty good thriller movie back in 2016 called Nerve. I really enjoyed that one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I'm a big fan of Ben Folds. His old band had some hits in the late 90s. He's had a pretty good solo career too.

She was on several seasons of American Horror Story. She was also in a pretty good thriller movie back in 2016 called Nerve. I really enjoyed that one.

Yeah I watched the whole series from 1 to 11, I just finished about a month ago.

• Like 1

About to see Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania….I am optimistic yet cautious.  

Teaser trailer:  WHY would anyone make a film about Nike marketing Air Jordan shoes?  WHY?!  :unsure:  Just because of Damon & Affleck?

Edited by Principled Man

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

About to see Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania….I am optimistic yet cautious.  

Teaser trailer:  WHY would anyone make a film about Nike marketing Air Jordan shoes?  WHY?!  :unsure:  Just because of Damon & Affleck?

OK, so Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania was pretty good.  Better than I had expected. 

A few lame lines here and there.  One or two editing faux-pas.  Several redundant epic battles at the end.    

Frequently hearing Scott and Cassie yelling after each other (DAD!  CASSIE!!  DAD!  CASSIE!!) was a bit tiresome.  

But everything else was pretty good!  The amazing world of the Quantum Realm was stunning.  All the different species were great. 

Lord Krylar's restaurant reminded me of Douglas Adams's Restaurant At The End of The Universe:biggrin:    

Jonathan Majors was really good as Kang.  M.O.R.D.O.K. was a hoot! 

One of the best lines was

Spoiler

"It's never too late to stop being a dick."  :biggrin:

I give Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania a B.  Quite a ride, with a few bumps, but still a good show.            

• Like 2