Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

I watched this on New Year's Eve night with  a couple of friends and a few cans of beer.

"Groovy!!"

51pNUI+DXwL._AC_SX342_.jpg

• Like 4

the-wicker-tree-WickerTree_16_57med-res_

This film was so bad I had to stop watching after 20 minutes of torture. My mind is scarred as a result. I'll have to watch the original classic now to speed up the healing process.

Edited by treeduck

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

the-wicker-tree-WickerTree_16_57med-res_

This film was so bad I had to stop watching after 20 minutes of torture. My mind is scarred as a result. I'll have to watch the original classic now to speed up the healing process.

The remake is a bad horror movie but a great unintentional comedy like The Room and The Happening.

Director's cut, obviously, since that one has the infamous bee scene. :laugh:

15 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

The remake is a bad horror movie but a great unintentional comedy like The Room and The Happening.

Director's cut, obviously, since that one has the infamous bee scene. :laugh:

It's most likely better than this one, it couldn't be worse.

Thor Love and Thunder.

I thought Christian Bale's more serious character was well done amongst the more light-hearted roles from Hemsworth, Waititi we al. I think I've heard he's a more intense personality in real life but I bet he still did well to keep it serious seeing as I suspect Waititi likes to keep a light-hearted, jovial atmosphere on his film sets (if the brief doc on the previous film seemed to suggest). 

Nice cameo from Matt Damon, Melissa Mccarthy and a couple of other actors I couldn't place (which I haven't googled about yet). 

• Like 1

"The Seventh Seal" - A perennial favourite of mine, especially for this time of year. It's pretty bleak and soulless at times, helped greatly by it being in black and white rather than colour. But the characters, and the beguiling/haunting landscapes (including the (in)famous chess on the beach scene between Death and Bloc)is really what sets this film apart.

seventhseal.png

• Like 4

Babylon

Since it's bombing hard for Paramount, I really hope it achieves cult status.  I love this ambitious coke fueled view of 20s silent era debauchery.  That snake scene is something else.

"Who wants to see me fight a fing snake!?!"

That elephant scene, though. :puke:

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

On 1/3/2023 at 3:04 AM, treeduck said:

the-wicker-man-1973.jpg

An all-time favorite & an absolute classic.

• Like 1

I watched "The Menu" last night. It was okay.

• Like 1