Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

3 hours and 12 minutes of phenomenal visuals, magnificent production....and long, redundant and predictable plot lines and dialogue.  The film could have been 2.5 hours long and still kept the story intact.

I give it a B- or C+.  The Way of Water may have been deep for the people of Pandora, but it was pretty shallow for me.  :confused:            

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

3 hours and 12 minutes of phenomenal visuals, magnificent production....and long, redundant and predictable plot lines and dialogue.  The film could have been 2.5 hours long and still kept the story intact.

I give it a B- or C+.  The Way of Water may have been deep for the people of Pandora, but it was pretty shallow for me.  :confused:            

Don't regret seeing it in laser 3D IMAX but I'd like to add the constant switching of frame rates got old real fast.

JRDGMJQ.jpg

Edited by invisible airwave

The Great Escape

This used to be a regular Christmas holiday repeat viewing on the BBC during the 70s through to the early 00s. Every time I watch it i keep hoping Steve McQueen will eventually bike over those barbed wire fences!

0aa5c4b58d6108748c57d117217a193a?impolic

• Like 6

Kelly's Heroes

A decent war film made in 1970 and starring Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas and Donald Sutherland.

A nice vehicle for Eastwood in his attempt to move away from his trademark cowboy anti-hero and his "Spaghetti" westerns of the 1960s. But in essence he plays a similar character albeit set in world world II France.

A film not to be taken too seriously, not least because of Sutherland's hippie character so synonymous for the late 60s/early 70s pop culture that doesn't quite fit within this war film

A18Jgau6WtL._AC_SY445_.jpg

• Like 3

A Man Escaped, directed by Robert Bresson and starring Francois Leterrier.

An intense, claustrophobic and utterly convincing story concerning the imprisonment and attempted jailbreak of a WWII French resistance fighter.

a28ebd21-602f-43c6-9023-7fab687f98fc.jpg