Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

2 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

Michael Myers and Laurie Strode stand back-to-back in a dark, smokey, and flame sparked background.

I'm 15 minutes from finishing it on Peacock right now.  The kills don't come in until just halfway through.  One that made my jaw drop was

Spoiler

the tongue cutting of the DJ.

It's fitting that the color and font of the title is similar to Halloween 3, the one without Michael.  The babysitter subplot kind of mirrors the plot of the in name only sequel in the F13 series, part 5.

Edited by invisible airwave

On 10/14/2022 at 3:21 PM, invisible airwave said:

I'm 15 minutes from finishing it on Peacock right now.  The kills don't come in until just halfway through.  One that made my jaw drop was

Reveal hidden contents

the tongue cutting of the DJ.

Yes, that part was shocking and hard to watch.

A confusing and ultimately disappointing conclusion.  Felt kinda thrown together like they weren't sure which direction they wanted to go.  The first film of the trilogy was by far the best.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 2:08 PM, Turbine Freight said:

Michael Myers and Laurie Strode stand back-to-back in a dark, smokey, and flame sparked background.

I am a lifelong Halloween freak.

This movie was utter hot garbage.

A horrendous end to what was a great trilogy. 

I loved Halloween 2018 and really enjoy Halloween Kills. Two outstanding sequels to the original 1978 classic.

This? It was not even a freaking Halloween movie. Just Baaaaaaaaaaad.

At the movie theatres, I watched the theatrical re-release of "Avatar" in 3-D.  Goose (Allen), yes, I have seen it before.  When it was first released in theatres in 2009, I saw it in 3-D, and in 2010, saw the Special Edition.  After the closing, and end credits this time, there were added scenes from the sequel "Avatar: the Way of Water".  When it was released on d.v.d., and blu-ray as the Extended Collector's Edition, I got the d.v.d., and have watched it, too.  I've liked the movie a lot.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2022 at 6:30 PM, Todem said:

I am a lifelong Halloween freak.

This movie was utter hot garbage.

A horrendous end to what was a great trilogy. 

I loved Halloween 2018 and really enjoy Halloween Kills. Two outstanding sequels to the original 1978 classic.

This? It was not even a freaking Halloween movie. Just Baaaaaaaaaaad.

The one thing I called bull sheit on were the bullies.  Marching band students as bullies?  GTFOH.  What’s next?  Chess team?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watching this movie is actually more sad than scary when you think about what happened to Heather O'Rourke and Dominique Dunne.

220px-Poltergeist_(1982).png

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Krystal said:

Watching this movie is actually more sad than scary when you think about what happened to Heather O'Rourke and Dominique Dunne.

220px-Poltergeist_(1982).png

didn't know about that, but that is pretty sad

this was the first really scary movie i saw as a kid, the bathroom scene was insane when i first saw it and the clown scene in particular really freaked me out. i rewatched it and i think it holds up pretty well

On 10/22/2022 at 5:21 PM, Mr. Not said:

didn't know about that, but that is pretty sad

this was the first really scary movie i saw as a kid, the bathroom scene was insane when i first saw it and the clown scene in particular really freaked me out. i rewatched it and i think it holds up pretty well

Don't bother with the remake.  I saw the last 30 minutes of it on Cinemax a handful of years ago and it's just another remake to make a profit.  Sam Rockwell deserved better and has done much better than this.

Gtmb58L.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

Don't bother with the remake.  I saw the last 30 minutes of it on Cinemax a handful of years ago and it's just another remake to make a profit.  Sam Rockwell deserved better and has done much better than this.

Gtmb58L.jpg

saw the remake in theaters with a guy i was caretaking for at the time, he wanted to see it not me lol.. fkin hated it, i thought it was a disgraceful cashgrab as well. horror remakes often are in bad faith 

Sitting in the theater, about to see BLACK ADAM!

I have a bad feeling about this….. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Sitting in the theater, about to see BLACK ADAM.

I have a bad feeling about this….. :biggrin:

Black Adam was what I expected it to be.   :biggrin:

I give it a C-minus.......maybe even a D-plus.  Very forgettable.  The mid-credits teaser was cool, though.