Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

12 hours ago, Steevo said:

Any good?  Good pic.

Yeah good film. I hadn't seen it since the late 80's probably. It's mostly remakes of episodes from the TV show. This is the one where Vic Morrow was killed during the production of his segment. A helicopter crashed on top of him. John Landis was hit with a law suit. The best story is the last one with John Lithgow, the guy afraid of flying who sees a monster on the wing of the plane...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, treeduck said:

Yeah good film. I hadn't seen it since the late 80's probably. It's mostly remakes of episodes from the TV show. This is the one where Vic Morrow was killed during the production of his segment. A helicopter crashed on top of him. John Landis was hit with a law suit. The best story is the last one with John Lithgow, the guy afraid of flying who sees a monster on the wing of the plane...

Of course, that last one, lol, how could I forget :popcorn:

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 1:11 PM, treeduck said:

Yeah good film. I hadn't seen it since the late 80's probably. It's mostly remakes of episodes from the TV show. This is the one where Vic Morrow was killed during the production of his segment. A helicopter crashed on top of him. John Landis was hit with a law suit. 

Two vietnamese child actors were killed as well, one of them decapitated along with Morrow.  :sad:

On 8/8/2022 at 12:33 AM, invisible airwave said:

There's one close to me in Rancho Cucamonga that used to be an Edwards before stadium places took over called Terra Vista 6.  The 2018 Halloween reboot was the last one I saw at that place. 

fcvei77.jpg

What this like? I`m concerned that Jordan Peele`s career seems not to be delivering on its early promise.

On 8/14/2022 at 9:36 PM, treeduck said:

Yeah and Landis had hired them illegally and that was part of the lawsuit.

I intentionally skipped that segment when I streamed it on HBO a few years ago for that obvious reason.  Spielberg was so outraged that he ended his friendship with Landis.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 3:40 AM, IbanezJem said:

What this like? I`m concerned that Jordan Peele`s career seems not to be delivering on its early promise.

Thankfully, he hasn't turned into latter day M Night yet.  It's an improvement over Us which is just way too thick on the film school symbolism.  Haven't seen it layed on so thick since that whole rat and X theme from The Depahted.  It's quite Spielbergian with it's references to Jaws and Close Encounters.  Nice to see underrated chacter actor, Michael Wincott, in a hit movie.  Remember him as that metalhead with a soft spot for Springsteen in Talk Radio?

"Peace sells but who's buying?!"