Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

On 6/19/2022 at 2:16 AM, BastillePark said:

The critics on rotten tomatoes really liked it but the audiences didn't. I should have known better. Meh.

It-Follows_poster_goldposter_com_19.gif

That is what happens in our family also! :biggrin: My husband is always like,"I don't care about critics, what do normal people think of it!"

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

That is what happens in our family also! :biggrin: My husband is always like,"I don't care about critics, what do normal people think of it!"

Normal people and snobs are the same to me.  Just be good for what it is whether it's action or Oscar bait.  I tend to disagree with critics on a lot of indie hipstersploitation movies that insist upon themselves.  Looking at you, Wes Anderson!

New_York_Ninja_(2021)_poster.jpg

Quite a backstory this movie has described in the trailer below.  Similar to Miami Connection in how an old abandoned movie got new life unexpectedly years later.

Edited by invisible airwave

20 minutes ago, blueschica said:

I've never seen it, but my mom loved Dana Andrew's. Surprised I missed it.

It's pretty good, it's like a talky war film but with action too. When I say talky I mean each character seems to go off on a tangent talking about all sorts of stuff unrelated to the situation. There's also some songs and Burgess Meredith does some narration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Never saw this but Steiger is usually really good!

It's a good one, Martin Balsam and Nehemiah Persoff are good in it as well. It's a perfect role for Steiger too.

• Like 1