Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

On 5/8/2022 at 4:34 PM, BastillePark said:

Just got back from this movie. I thought it was pretty good. Some funny parts and some dramatic parts. 

279098144_284727387197747_70603957826805

Just got back from it as well.  Cage and Carrey were my acting idols in junior high and high school so I've been looking forward to this for some time.  Nice transitioning plot twist with 

Spoiler

Demi Moore in the role as Cage's wife at the premiere of the movie about his ordeal.  Made it even more meta with movie within movie.  Kind of similar to the beginning and end of Austin Powers Goldmember with their cameos.  Ironic, since his Face/Off half, Travolta, played Goldmember at the end.

Edited by invisible airwave

The Shape of Water - good but didn't love it. Certainly well acted and looked good (but gloomy).

The Void (2016 Canadian Horror film - Bit silly Lovecraftian-type film and I love Lovecraft but not necessarily this film!)

The Batman (2022) - liked it but not sure if it's better or worse than Nolan/Bale-era. Bit more realistic and down to earth I guess whereas Nolan/Bale ended up being a gritty/realistic version of the typical camp mythos.

• Like 1

At the movie theatres, and on d.v.d., I watched "Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness" in 3-D, "Dolores Claiborne", "the Firm", and "Runaway Jury".

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

On 5/8/2022 at 11:49 PM, Krystal said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8K8liPGHAPMcFs62z7LR

Probably one of the most underrated Wes Anderson films. The music is really good Though. I swear opening with "This Time Tomorrow" by The Kinks was really impressive, it probably tops "The Man in Me" by Bob Dylan in the opening of The Big Lebowski.