Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

bcldxUg.jpg

Wouldn’t have seen it without the Rifftrax.  Not quite as unintentionally hilarious like Happening but definitely not boring like After Earth and Airbender.  Nice to see the unintentional comedy side  of M Night’s bad movies back.  You have to laugh when a character is a rapper named Mid Size Sedan. :1:

Edited by invisible airwave

Doctor Strange Multiverse

As a fan of MC Escher, I'm biased towards the awesome visuals of this and the first one.  Sam Raimi really brought out his old trademark camera tricks and I loved it.  As usual, he's got a nice and rather funny cameo from Bruce Campbell. Nice to see my queen, Rachel McAdams, get a better role than in the first one especially with a nice quip before killing a spirit demon.  There are some scenes that make it hard PG13 not too different from Rami's Drag Me to Hell in one battle sequence with one villain.

Scarlet Witch splitting Agent Carter in half with her own shield caught me off guard.  That's a slasher movie kill ffs.  Edited but still quite brutal for the rating.

Edited by invisible airwave

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

Shelley Winters was such a horrible mom in this! Made me very sympathetic to the daughter.

Yeah, and Ole Pa wasn't much better either! Interestingly enough the guy who played Ole Pa, Wallace Ford, is originally from Bolton which is just 8 miles away from me! In fact it's where Tony R is from! And actually not far from where Robert Shaw was from!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, treeduck said:

Yeah, and Ole Pa wasn't much better either! Interestingly enough the guy who played Ole Pa, Wallace Ford, is originally from Bolton which is just 8 miles away from me! In fact it's where Tony R is from! And actually not far from where Robert Shaw was from!

That's so cool!  Robert Shaw is the best.  Love him in stuff, especially in Jaws and The Sting, where he gets played!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blueschica said:

That's so cool!  Robert Shaw is the best.  Love him in stuff, especially in Jaws and The Sting, where he gets played!

I saw him last week in A Man For All Seasons, although it was really just a cameo role in the film. Just one scene really but it was a big scene with lot of dialogue and a virtuoso turn from Shaw. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, treeduck said:

I saw him last week in A Man For All Seasons, although it was really just a cameo role in the film. Just one scene really but it was a big scene with lot of dialogue and a virtuoso turn from Shaw. 

I have missed seeing that one ever, even though I have been around a while!  :biggrin:  I'll have to look for it!

• Like 1

Just now, blueschica said:

I have missed seeing that one ever, even though I have been around a while!  :biggrin:  I'll have to look for it!

It's a good quality film, really good acting. Paul Schofield is excellent in the leading role, I think he won the Oscar for that one. Also a very young John Hurt is featured in his first big role. There's lots of other top actors too.

• Like 1

GhogRpx.jpg

Very good!  Better than I thought it would be.  Good story.  Strong cast.

Just a few weak points.  Some predictable parts within the otherwise strong story.    

Outstanding visuals and sounds.  Wonderful trip through the multiverse.  Can't wait for the next one!    

• Like 1

The Batman. Fantastic and better than I expected it to be. Paul "love to hate him" Dano's performance is note-perfect greatness and is every bit as good as Heath Ledger's Joker.

• Like 1