What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Non-Rush) V.19

custom55

38 minutes ago, custom55 said:

The Who - Baby Don't You Do It ( San Fran not sure what year )

Is that the show Keith Moon passed out during (twice)?  They woke him up the first time and resumed playing.  After the second time they asked if their were any drummers in the crowd who could play in his place and some guy who played with a local bar band came up on stage and played the last few songs of the show with them.  I think that guy passed away a few years back.  I would love to get a recording of that show - interesting historical value if nothing else.

• Like 1

K.K.'s Priest - Sermons of the Sinner.

I bought the record when it came out but never got to listen to it (life has been a bit crazy in the last year - job transfer, taking care of the parents who still live on their own but are in the mid 90's so they need a lot of help).  Now that I am going through my collection and unpacking it, I found it stuffed in with all my other records and gave it a try.  As I did I discovered that the record came with a CD which had a bonus song.  That song, Brothers of the Road, was my favorite from the album.  Overall, I thought the album was ok but nothing really great.  Some good guitar work - would you expect anything less from KK?  Other songs I like included Return of the Sentinel, Metal Through and Through, Raise your Fists and Wild & Free.

Glad I bought the album.

• Like 1

KISS - Alive.

I am not really a big KISS fan.  Only own this album (which is another one I can tell I picked up used in the early 90's - it has a price sticker of $5.99 on it) and maybe 2 other KISS albums.  Saw them twice in concert.  Once in the early 2000's with Arrowsmith (KISS was ok, Arrowsmith was terrible) and once in the late 80's with Winger & Slaughter opening (all 3 bands were excellent).

That being said (and remember, I don't really care for KISS) dang, what an album.  Totally kick but. 

• Like 1

John Cougar = American Fool.

I recall this album was a Christmas gift from my older sister.  Within about a year or 2 our tastes began to diverge wildly.  She went into country music (which I can't stand) while I went more to hard rock, prog rock & heavy metal.

I remembered that the first 3 songs on the album (Hurts So Good, Jack & Diane and Hand to Hold Onto) were my favorits from the album.  Thats not changing, although the album as a whole is slightly better then I remembered.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

John Cougar = American Fool.

I recall this album was a Christmas gift from my older sister.  Within about a year or 2 our tastes began to diverge wildly.  She went into country music (which I can't stand) while I went more to hard rock, prog rock & heavy metal.

I remembered that the first 3 songs on the album (Hurts So Good, Jack & Diane and Hand to Hold Onto) were my favorits from the album.  Thats not changing, although the album as a whole is slightly better then I remembered.

My mom and my late ex stepdad saw him in concert in L.A. when Check It Out was released from Lonesome Jubilee.  I remember her having that and Scarecrow as a kid and hearing American Fool in his truck as a kid around that time.

Bangles - In Your Room

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

My mom and my late ex stepdad saw him in concert in L.A. when Check It Out was released from Lonesome Jubilee.  I remember her having that and Scarecrow as a kid and hearing American Fool in his truck as a kid around that time.

Bangles - In Your Room

Never got to see him in concert.  Nor did I pick up Lonesome Jubilee.  Scarecrow on the other hand, wow!!  Will pull that out at some point and listen to it.  But I loved the title track to it  For me its a top 10 all time non-Rush song.

Just listened to REO Speedwagon - R.E.O T.W.O.

This must have been yet another album I picked up in the early 90's given that the price tag of $2/49 is still on it.  Decent album.  Best song is Golden Country - appropriate back then and still appropriate (perhaps even more so) now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Wish I could like this more than once.  Its also why I with I could have seen The Who in their prime.  One of the very best (if not the best) live bands - ever.  Got to see them twice on The Who turn 50 tour and they were still amazing.

I  first saw them in 1973.    The power and the vibrations coming off the stage were mesmerizing.  

• Like 2