Farewell tours

custom55

I have no clue if I even have the ticket stub for it anymore. I saw Ozzy in 1992 on the No More Tours Tour with Alice In Chains opening. I was only 14, so being young and naive there was a big part of me that thought this would be the only time I would get to see Ozzy. My dad who went with me, told me that him and Ozzy were the same age and Ozzy was too young to retire yet. Obviously, my dad was right. I have seen Ozzy live six times since then.
  • Like 5

I have no clue if I even have the ticket stub for it anymore. I saw Ozzy in 1992 on the No More Tours Tour with Alice In Chains opening. I was only 14, so being young and naive there was a big part of me that thought this would be the only time I would get to see Ozzy. My dad who went with me, told me that him and Ozzy were the same age and Ozzy was too young to retire yet. Obviously, my dad was right. I have seen Ozzy live six times since then.

Gotta admit though, No More Tours was a pretty fantastic name for a tour.

• Like 2

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ozzy-osbourne/1992/buffalo-memorial-auditorium-buffalo-ny-4bdd5b02.html

Setlist from the show. Looks like this is the same as the Live & Loud album. Great show! Ozzy was still in shape enough to do that weird monkey jump thing he used to do. The other big thing about the show was seeing AIC with Layne. This was about a month or two after Dirt was released. So AIC was pretty hot at the time.

• Like 2

Saw The Who farewell tour in 1980.

I saw The Who farewell tour in 1989. It was great (Tommy and Simon Phillips killing it on the drums) but I refused to see any of the farewell tours after that... lol

• Like 5

https://www.setlist....y-4bdd5b02.html

Setlist from the show. Looks like this is the same as the Live & Loud album. Great show! Ozzy was still in shape enough to do that weird monkey jump thing he used to do. The other big thing about the show was seeing AIC with Layne. This was about a month or two after Dirt was released. So AIC was pretty hot at the time.

I would have gone to see AIC and left / skipped Ozzy. That was 1992 me, I'd at least stay for Ozzy now. But would still be going primarily to see AIC.

I saw The Who farewell tour in 1989. It was great (Tommy and Simon Phillips killing it on the drums) but I refused to see any of the farewell tours after that... lol

That was the first and last time I saw The Who.

We went to see them in 1982 because it was a farewell tour! :lol: Seriously, they said that. If I ever see Pete Townsend he owes me $30.00. :P

• Like 5

We went to see them in 1982 because it was a farewell tour! :lol: Seriously, they said that. If I ever see Pete Townsend he owes me $30.00. :P

There are some famous musicians who would probably laugh along and actually give you that 30 bucks. I wonder if Pete is one of them... somehow I don't think so... but Roger might!

• Like 1

Lynyrd Skynyrd, like Kiss, seems to be on never ending final tour as well. I would have loved to see more dates in 2015 but Rush did it the right way, especially with the illness to come shortly after. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Lynyrd Skynyrd, like Kiss, seems to be on never ending final tour as well. I would have loved to see more dates in 2015 but Rush did it the right way, especially with the illness to come shortly after.

I've seen Kiss twice on their current farewell tour. :)

• Like 2

Lynyrd Skynyrd, like Kiss, seems to be on never ending final tour as well. I would have loved to see more dates in 2015 but Rush did it the right way, especially with the illness to come shortly after.

I saw the makeup reunion tour in '96 from the 2nd row for 45 bucks. Stanley could still sing then. That was enough.

Might as well post this here, I see Peter Gabriel attended the final Genesis concert on Saturday. Sadly this didn't involve a cameo appearance on stage...

https://twitter.com/...scgk1yxHDab5vRg

Maybe they all actually considered Steve and awkward it would be for Peter to join them for a song without Steve there?

...or more likely, whatever the thing is that's made Peter almost never revisit his old Genesis material is still going strong in his head. Poor Steve.

I saw the makeup reunion tour in '96 from the 2nd row for 45 bucks. Stanley could still sing then. That was enough.

The 2 shows on the "farewell," tour I saw happened about 2 1/2 years apart.

It makes you love how Rush did it.

No fanfare. Just an incredible tour.......and done.

• Like 2

It makes you love how Rush did it.

No fanfare. Just an incredible tour.......and done.

I do still remember people being confused by the messaging. There was a lot of wishy washiness about whether or not it would really be the end, and I think some people really believed it wouldn’t be. I doubt if any of them had to or decided to miss R40, thinking it wasn’t going to be over just yet, they’re not too happy with the wishy washy messaging in retrospect

• Like 1

Might as well post this here, I see Peter Gabriel attended the final Genesis concert on Saturday. Sadly this didn't involve a cameo appearance on stage...

Maybe they all actually considered Steve and awkward it would be for Peter to join them for a song without Steve there?

...or more likely, whatever the thing is that's made Peter almost never revisit his old Genesis material is still going strong in his head. Poor Steve.

I think he might have joined them if Phil was in better condition, might've been a bit awkward if Pete was bouncing on stage while Phil was stuck in his chair.

I think he might have joined them if Phil was in better condition, might've been a bit awkward if Pete was bouncing on stage while Phil was stuck in his chair.

I mean, I'd like to think so, but I honestly think Peter just didn't want to period. As much of his success that he owes to his early years and everything he learned and all the fans he gained during that time, I think he doesn't really feel proud of his music with Genesis. I don't know why else he would seem to actively stay away from it for so long.

I mean, I'd like to think so, but I honestly think Peter just didn't want to period. As much of his success that he owes to his early years and everything he learned and all the fans he gained during that time, I think he doesn't really feel proud of his music with Genesis. I don't know why else he would seem to actively stay away from it for so long.

I think Peter is proud of a lot of what he did with Genesis, but he's said in the past he considers it "young man's music".

He has a point, trying to play Rael in his 70s would be ridiculous. Old Henry from The Musical Box? Maybe less so...