Tragic anniversary: Randy Rhodes lost his life 40 years ago today

The world was robbed of many years of great music. RIP, legend.

:rose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVovq9TGBw0

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 5

Proud to say I saw him with Ozz on the Blizzard tour. RIP Randy, you're still missed and always will be.

I missed seeing him by days. I saw the Diary tour on April 2 at the Boston Garden. Bernie Torme filled in. Those 2 Ozzy albums are still in heavy rotation for me.

• Like 1

Wow. On the same day that the great Randy Rhoads died. What a coincidence. ;)

Teatard

• Like 1

Proud to say I saw him with Ozz on the Blizzard tour. RIP Randy, you're still missed and always will be.

I missed seeing him by days. I saw the Diary tour on April 2 at the Boston Garden. Bernie Torme filled in. Those 2 Ozzy albums are still in heavy rotation for me.

I saw that tour as well. By the time they got to Seattle, it was Brad Gillis for me.

Likewise I listen them pretty often still myself.

I was fortunate enough to see the Diary tour one month before the accident and it remains one of the best shows I've ever seen. Randy, Tommy Aldridge, Rudy Sarzo and a young Don Airey on keys. What a band.

Doesn't seem possible that it's been 40 years. To think of how accomplished Randy was by age 25 and how much more incredible music he would've still produced. Why, why, why did he have to get on that f***ing plane. :(

• Like 1